Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Old May 21st 2018, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British dad,filipino born daughter,birth register?

Yes there is a biometric check and now applicants have to have a clear TB test at a nominated MD at an extortionate cost.

Not the British Justice System just tedious Immigration Control procedures! LOL
Old May 21st 2018, 8:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LPR
You still have to go to their offices with your paperwork and I think they do a biometric check. They won't question anything there as they just send the paperwork to some British Immigration officer sitting in an office somewhere. He will make a decision based on the paperwork, any error (or if he's having a bad day) he will just reject the application. You do not have the right to question the decision or make an appeal! Don't you just love the British justice system!
As above, it's nothing to do with the British justice system. But if an error has been made, why on earth shouldn't he reject the application?!? Surely that's his job?
Old May 21st 2018, 9:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine them letting a heavily pregnant woman in to the UK. You may stand a better chance once the child is born and has it's UK passport. If the problems your husband is having is to do with the financial requirements to bring a spouce to the UK to come on a visit visa is unlikely. The only person I know who's wife visited the UK was married to a guy living in the Philippines and they visited together. At one time it looked like the only option for a wife to visit was on a spouce visa, even to visit. You will have a big problem convincing immigration that you intend to leave your husband and return to the Philippines.
Old May 21st 2018, 9:38 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Legie Mae Trezise

i had question as well and hopefully anyone could help me,my husband been here last december 11 2017 and we get married last january 04 2018,i am now 5 months pregnant with his child,and my husband is having a problem in the uk now and i am still in the philippines is there any way i could visit him in the uk?it is posible to see him there in uk?what should i do first thank you hope that someone or anyone could help me,just thinking as well can the baby get any benifit from the british government to?thank you,

stress,Legie 🤰
Legie, I'd strongly recommend that you repost your questions here https://britishexpats.com/forum/citi...-visas-uk-196/
There are members there who deal with these sorts of questions every day and they're very knowledgeable. Not saying that the advice you've already received isn't good but there might be additional issues or suggestions that can be provided.
Old May 21st 2018, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Yes there is a biometric check and now applicants have to have a clear TB test at a nominated MD at an extortionate cost.

Not the British Justice System just tedious Immigration Control procedures! LOL
Apologies you are quite correct

Last edited by mikemike; May 21st 2018 at 10:31 am.
Old May 21st 2018, 10:55 am
LPR
Forum Regular

LPR is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
As above, it's nothing to do with the British justice system. But if an error has been made, why on earth shouldn't he reject the application?!? Surely that's his job?
So you are saying people should not have the right to question a decision? That puts us on a very slippery slope, especially when some of their decisions are based on supposition and not fact.
Old May 21st 2018, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LPR
So you are saying people should not have the right to question a decision? That puts us on a very slippery slope, especially when some of their decisions are based on supposition and not fact.
I don't think you can challenge a tourist visa decision anymore and it's been so for a few years.
Old May 21st 2018, 9:55 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 21st 2018, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Legie Mae Trezise is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you i does help looking positive
Old Jun 20th 2018, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

liam_neeson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by diverdec
Hi,iam British,i work in UK for 4months a year whilst my 4yr old daughter and new born daughter live with my gf (their) mum in Philippines...8months a yr iam in Mindanao with my family....This October i will get my daughters a Philippine passport,i want to take my older daughter to UK for a 6 week holiday,i have not registered the birth of my children,can anyone explain the process i must go through to insure i can get a visitor visa just for my daughter and is it possible to get a dual passport for UK?
Be prepared for frustration. Buy some beer and tissues. That said, get it done NOW. You should have had it done the first month she was born. Take lots of pictures together and print them off. And if your name is not on the birth certificate, go and add it. There is a separate paternity form you can fillup. And make sure you have the PSA live birth not the local one.