bringing husband to uk

Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:53 pm
Just Joined

starry56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default bringing husband to uk

hi all
new to the forum but i have a query. I recently married a filipino and im british. Can i just bring him back to the uk for holidays and things or do i need to get some sort of visa? If so what re the requirements?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 3:00 am

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: bringing husband to uk

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Please see the following link

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...e=UK%20English

Hope that helps!
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:39 am
Just Joined

but which visa would i need to apply for? Also do you know if he is able to go on holiday to UK before we settle, he has previously been turned down for a visa.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Getting a visit visa could be extremely difficult. Probably would need to go the immigration route even if you only want to visit. The biggest hurdle is proving that he will return to the Philippines after the vist. I don't envy you.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

even if we were visiting at the same time in terms of - i was travelling and returning on the same dates together? I though it would be easier now married - any ideas why it is so difficult?
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Because the British government doesn't want foreign nationals here. They can't stop entry from the EU so they are trying squeeze the none EUs as hard as they can.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:54 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Something verrrry wrong when you cannot bring a spouse into your "home" country. UK... Pffftttt
Old Mar 11th 2013, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

i guess we cant hop on a plane then sounds like it could be a lengthy process
Old Mar 11th 2013, 2:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

There is no automatic right to bring a foreign spouse of a UK citizen into the UK. They have to take their chances just like anyone else, and the poorer the counrty the harder it is to get in. You will need to apply for a non-refundable visa like everyone else. It may help you being resident in the Philippines but you still have to prove that you have compelling reason to return. A spouse visa may be your best bet and may be your only option. I know it sounds stupid when you only want to visit but that's the way it is. Oh and don't even think about buying tickets until you have a visa.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

There are 2 main things they look for in a visa application:

1. The applicant has a good income/savings in account or has a sponsor that has a good income. Letters and bank statements need to be produced. This is to make sure that the Government will not have to support the 'Tourist/Visitor'

2. The applicant has a good reason to return to their own Country ie. business or 'good' job. The applicant has a long relationship with the sponsor (evidence of 'long' relationship needs to be provided). This is so the Sponsor will not 'dump' their GF/BF on the Government after an argument etc. and it is a legitimate relationship.

If you do things right and everything is legitimate then the visas are easy to acquire (I applied and received a 10 year visit visa for my wife)
Old Mar 13th 2013, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Quackers
There are 2 main things they look for in a visa application:

1. The applicant has a good income/savings in account or has a sponsor that has a good income. Letters and bank statements need to be produced. This is to make sure that the Government will not have to support the 'Tourist/Visitor'

2. The applicant has a good reason to return to their own Country ie. business or 'good' job. The applicant has a long relationship with the sponsor (evidence of 'long' relationship needs to be provided). This is so the Sponsor will not 'dump' their GF/BF on the Government after an argument etc. and it is a legitimate relationship.

If you do things right and everything is legitimate then the visas are easy to acquire (I applied and received a 10 year visit visa for my wife)

Out of interest how long ago was this?
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Quackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really niceQuackers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
[/B]

Out of interest how long ago was this?
Last year and not used it yet (had 2 x 6 month previously)
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Last year and not used it yet (had 2 x 6 month previously)
Just wondering if it was during the current administration. It's got a lot tougher resently. You 2x6 months would have given you a track record.

I would never tell someone it is easy. There's too many variables.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
Just wondering if it was during the current administration. It's got a lot tougher resently. You 2x6 months would have given you a track record.

I would never tell someone it is easy. There's too many variables.
I didn't say a 10 year is easy....I said a visa is easy if you have all the correct things in place that I stated.

I had a friend who was rejected because her BF had money in his bank but turned out he was claiming benefits.....If your asking Government for support then how can you sponsor.

I had a friend who was accepted and she was the cousin of the wife of her sponsor.

I think a lot depends on the sponsor as I know guys that have achieved visas for 'bar girls'. Prove that you can support the girl/guy and the government does not have to worry.
Old Mar 13th 2013, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

I didn't say a 10 year is easy....I said a visa is easy if you have all the correct things in place that I stated.

I had a friend who was rejected because her BF had money in his bank but turned out he was claiming benefits.....If your asking Government for support then how can you sponsor.

I had a friend who was accepted and she was the cousin of the wife of her sponsor.

I think a lot depends on the sponsor as I know guys that have achieved visas for 'bar girls'. Prove that you can support the girl/guy and the government does not have to worry.
Here in the UK there is a big clamp-down on Non-EU immigration to try and keep the voters happy. If only it's as simple as getting all your duck in a row.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.