Bad Guts ....

Old Jun 9th 2017, 5:10 am
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bad Guts ....

Hi been here now for 9 months and had a bout of dysentery about 5 months ago which hospitalised me for 5 days .... It's not pleasant and I hope no one here gets it but again I have been struck down by an awful bug similar to dysentery but no fever .... As I can not afford the private hospital fees has anyone suffered similar as its really got me down .... It's been 3 weeks of not eating and what I do eat vacates quite quickly ... I'm drinking but .... I remember one of you also having something similar and commented .... So I'm throwing it out there hoping one of you remembers your post and if you had any recommendations on medication ? Cheers lucky I'm a big lump or I would have disappeared by now !! 😜😜
Old Jun 9th 2017, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad Guts ....

Originally Posted by Bazza070958
Hi been here now for 9 months and had a bout of dysentery about 5 months ago which hospitalised me for 5 days .... It's not pleasant and I hope no one here gets it but again I have been struck down by an awful bug similar to dysentery but no fever .... As I can not afford the private hospital fees has anyone suffered similar as its really got me down .... It's been 3 weeks of not eating and what I do eat vacates quite quickly ... I'm drinking but .... I remember one of you also having something similar and commented .... So I'm throwing it out there hoping one of you remembers your post and if you had any recommendations on medication ? Cheers lucky I'm a big lump or I would have disappeared by now !! 😜😜
"So I'm throwing it out there" may not be the best phrase to use considering the circumstances. I always use a few glasses of whiskey or other min 40% proof spirit, neat over a couple of nights.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

When I had it I spent a couple of nights in hospital on a drip because of dehydration. I started drinking sports drinks slowly as it was the only thing I could retain.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 8:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
When I had it I spent a couple of nights in hospital on a drip because of dehydration. I started drinking sports drinks slowly as it was the only thing I could retain.
Best thing to drink is coconut water from young coconuts. Better at hydrating than most sports drinks and higher in potassium. If you were thinking of a DIY drip, in WWII they used to use young coconuts as a drip.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Best thing to drink is coconut water from young coconuts. Better at hydrating than most sports drinks and higher in potassium. If you were thinking of a DIY drip, in WWII they used to use young coconuts as a drip.
One of the problems is the loss of salt from the body. Sports drinks tend to help replace this, not sure about coconut water. Aalthought I could drink coconut water by the gallon, it sure would get you running.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

One of the problems is the loss of salt from the body. Sports drinks tend to help replace this, not sure about coconut water. Aalthought I could drink coconut water by the gallon, it sure would get you running.
Coconut water has about 80% of the sodium that the average sports drink does, but it does have about 3 times the amount of potassium which is supposed to do something a lot better than sodium ( not too sure what ), plus being better for you.

250ml of coconut water and an 80mg aspirin a day does wonders for high blood pressure
Old Jun 9th 2017, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
"So I'm throwing it out there" may not be the best phrase to use considering the circumstances. I always use a few glasses of whiskey or other min 40% proof spirit, neat over a couple of nights.
...... Yes even though pretty weak .... I appreciate your humour Stokkevn .... Perhaps not the best term to be using and I apologise for the image it may produce lol
Old Jun 9th 2017, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

Diet is consisting of dry toast banana and water along with Buko juice .... I'll just keep that going until things change thanks as it seems to be the most common prescription cheers
Old Jun 9th 2017, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Bazza you need to be careful with dysentery as it is highly contagous and you will be spreading it around. Also do you know if you have amoebic dysentery or
bacillary dysentery. Both can have nasty side effects if left untreated, parasites in the liver and such things.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Bazza you need to be careful with dysentery as it is highly contagous and you will be spreading it around. Also do you know if you have amoebic dysentery or
bacillary dysentery. Both can have nasty side effects if left untreated, parasites in the liver and such things.
previously it was amoebiasis ... i don't know what this is as I've not been to the qwack as money is a bit tight at the mo... thanks
Old Jun 9th 2017, 12:50 pm
LPR
Forum Regular

LPR is on a distinguished road

Might be worth having a look at the following.
Dysentery - Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Diagnosis - MedBroadcast.com
Old Jun 9th 2017, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks ... Much appreciated ..
Old Jun 9th 2017, 1:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

So flatulance is a sign. Perhaps I need to get checked out.
Old Jun 9th 2017, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

So flatulance is a sign. Perhaps I need to get checked out.
Hospitals here are quick to get one into a long term bed. The driver for a local judge was in hospital for a few days for acid reflux, drip, antibiotic injections, 24 hour care etc, cost him over a months wages. I told him to contact me next time he got it, he did and I gave him a Gaviscon tablet and one to take home with him, problem resolved for just a few Peso.

PS flatulence is from having a too healthy diet - 5 a day produces gas
Old Jul 12th 2017, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Just a little update ... finally yesterday been given the ok ....yippee.
Had dysentery amoebiasis for full 5 weeks (not funny) ,,, then as a result of Flagyl antibiotic I contracted Yeast Gut infection for a further 10 days (known side effect of flagyl) ... then just to make things worse 6 days ago had massive reflux which aggravated an unknown 2.5 cm Gallstone.. This lead to an ultrasound scan of my body which revealed an enlarged prostate too !!!! At that moment I wanted the ground to open up ... but luckily everything is ok .... relatively and am now on the slow road to recovery. "Its more phun in the Phili" .... really ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.