13A EXIT CLEARANCE

Old May 19th 2020, 7:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default 13A EXIT CLEARANCE

I understand that 13A Visa holders can obtain ECC on departure. If true what is the procedure?
Old May 19th 2020, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 13A EXIT CLEARANCE

You can obtain your exit clearance at the Airport. We have done this on the last 4 occasions we have travelled outside the Philippines.
You do have to pay and its not cheap. For your first trip out its about 2,800php then if you travel again within the same year its about 2,400php. I would imagine the reason why you can avail the exit clearance at the AirPort with a 13a visa is that you are already on some sort of listing and any acts likely to cause any concern would have been flagged up.
When you enter passport control, Show your 13a visa and you Will be directed to another booth where you have to pay. You Will then be given a reciept which you hand in to passport control.

Last edited by mikek1; May 19th 2020 at 8:01 am. Reason: Additional information.
Old May 19th 2020, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Very useful thanks.
Old May 20th 2020, 1:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

I did this last year at Mactan.
In Mactan, you go to the Express Lane, with your family if any. You need your ACR-I card, and your passport. You pay the money, and are given a printed receipt. Which you will need on return.
On, return you produce the receipt. Together with your passport.

When you use your return ticket. The airline will want to see your ACR-I card. Proving, you have no need for an onward ticket, from Philippines. As you have right of residence.
Efficient and painless.
Old May 21st 2020, 9:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you.
My word and also as a holder of a 13A visa you have to pay another PHP1600+ to the tourist entity. I think I will stay as a BB for as long as possible!
Old May 21st 2020, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Thank you.
My word and also as a holder of a 13A visa you have to pay another PHP1600+ to the tourist entity. I think I will stay as a BB for as long as possible!
Yes indeed. How it works at Mactan:
You go to the airline, check-in counter. They process your documents. They give you a "receipt."
With said receipt in your possession, you proceed to the desk near the entrance, and pay the amount due.
You then return, with your receipt, to the airline booth. On showing that you have paid your dues. You are awarded your boarding pass(es). There is another person, in charge of this. So no waiting again, in the queue proper.
No worries at Mactan. If you look lost, bewildered, or wondering where to go. A member of the security staff, will soon be there, to offer assistance. They are very helpful, and knowledgeable, as are all the staff at Mactan. It is a really efficient airport. Both for arrivals, and departures.
Old May 21st 2020, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yes I have happy memories of the old terminal at Mactan when I resided in Busay in 2006. No matter which terminal you use Manila is just a zoo.
Old May 22nd 2020, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Yes so easy, entering the Philippines via Mactan. As opposed to NAIA or MIA as it was known previously. I first used Mactan in '82. Taking a domestic flight from Manila. It was then very different. I made a few trips, then in the early nineties, they were converting it to International. '93 Was the first time, I entered via Mactan Immigration. So efficient and so well organised. Landed just past six, outside with all my luggage, some twenty minutes later. Having cleared Immigration and Customs. No paying for a trolley either.