13 A Spousal Visa

Old Dec 11th 2023, 3:55 am
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice
Default 13 A Spousal Visa

Hi guys,
What are the advantages of getting the 13A spousal visa once married to a Philippina, if any?Also, what exact documents do you need. ?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by Waza; Dec 11th 2023 at 4:38 am.
Old Dec 11th 2023, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 13 A Spousal Visa

If you intend to live in the Philippines the answer is obvious.
Documents. The Bureau of Immigration website details all the paperwork that you are required to submit.
It really is not difficult if you take time to study what is required. The time from submission to approval is 8 to 12 weeks.
Old Dec 11th 2023, 7:45 am
Blue

Waza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really niceWaza is just really nice

Thank you for your reply
Old Dec 11th 2023, 7:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Your most welcome
Old Dec 11th 2023, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

But never forget, that in getting this visa, the wife has a level of control over you. Shes the one that signs the forms. You are just the accessory ( to the crime lol ) .. .and if she ever wants you removed, she can have the visa cancelled. 99% of time this obvioulsy isnt a problem, but.. it can be. Which is why many guys opt for the SRRV retirement visa. She cant have that cancelled.
Old Dec 11th 2023, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Just goes to show how the 1% exist. LOL
Old Dec 13th 2023, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
If you intend to live in the Philippines the answer is obvious.
Documents. The Bureau of Immigration website details all the paperwork that you are required to submit.
It really is not difficult if you take time to study what is required. The time from submission to approval is 8 to 12 weeks.
​​​​​​Yes, the advantages are not having to keep renewing tourist visas and there's no financial requirements, as with the SSRV.
Re the application process, yes you can get the requirements, forms from the website but I would recommend a visit to get the latest details on paper as there can be differences. During the Pandemic interviews were dropped but it's possible they could be brought back. Although they hadn't been a few months ago. .
Unless you apply from abroad you resubmit after a year to get the visa confirmed. The papers are mostly a repeat and so is the cost. By the end totalling something well over P20k.

Old Dec 13th 2023, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Well 20K is quite a modest sum when compared to other countries in SE and East Asia. As I understand it the SSRV can be a costly process with annual fees,
Old Dec 13th 2023, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
But never forget, that in getting this visa, the wife has a level of control over you. Shes the one that signs the forms. You are just the accessory ( to the crime lol ) .. .and if she ever wants you removed, she can have the visa cancelled. 99% of time this obvioulsy isnt a problem, but.. it can be. Which is why many guys opt for the SRRV retirement visa. She cant have that cancelled.
After reading your reply I looked up what's happening with the Divorce, or " Dissolution of Marriage Bill" here. Apparently after passing a first Senate reading it's due for a second next year. Being pushed by, amongst others, Sen Hontiveros. Of course facing strong opposition. It's supporters are trying to counter that by describing it as a basic human right. One which the country of the Philippines is alone in the world by not granting. Apparently Malta allowed it over a decade ago, leaving only the Papal state of the Vatican and here without a Divorce law.
You would think some sort of, probably watered down, legislation on this will be enacted here in the next few years
So, especially if you're young, perhaps another reason not to go for the 13a visa?
Old Dec 13th 2023, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

I suppose that if a marriage is that bad you could go for a divorce in one's home country. I wonder how many 13a visa holders were divorcees at the time of their Philippine marriage?
Old Dec 13th 2023, 10:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

I understand that's now difficult if you want to remarry here. From 2010 the foreign divorce must be recognizer by a court here.
Old Dec 14th 2023, 12:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
I understand that's now difficult if you want to remarry here. From 2010 the foreign divorce must be recognizer by a court here.
I Don't know about the date but yes, you are correct, the foreign divorce has to be recognised in the Philippines by "judicial process". I am told that's it not as expensive as an annulment but can be time consuming.... but no surprise there.

There are 3 quicker and less expensive ways so I found out from agencies to become "single" again. All illegal. But there again, this is the Philippines.

As far as divorce in the Philippines is concerned, I won't be holding my breath. If it does become law, I am sure the process will become as protracted and expensive as Annulments by the attorneys here.

​​​​​
Old Dec 14th 2023, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
. As I understand it the SSRV can be a costly process with annual fees,
One usd per day for annual fees. Thats most acceptable to me and price hasnt increased in past 5 years. Off to do annual renewal next week. can now renew for 2 years at a time.
Old Dec 14th 2023, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

"I understand that's now difficult if you want to remarry here. From 2010 the foreign divorce must be recognizer by a court here."
I married in 2013 in the Antipolo Courthouse so I suppose that counts as judicial process.
Old Dec 15th 2023, 1:09 am
Forum Regular

There are 3 quicker and less expensive ways so I found out from agencies to become "single" again. All illegal" care to share the concept of these Sir Philosophical...???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.