Week 2

Old Sep 12th 2009, 9:01 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Week 2

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
OK, the dogs.....

they are not our best friends this morning, the little one has discovered that the back fence is not quite continuous and went for a little walk on his own. Bear in mind that I didn't want to disturb the peace yelling his name, but I also don't know the area and didn't have a clue where he might be . He came back, very pleased with his adventure, eventually, and then slept for hours. Need to modify the garden today

It's 3.5 acres -ish, we found out yesterday. Still massive, though, to us Brits..

The big black GSD came face to face with a hare yesterday: she didn't run after it, but that's probably cos she was trying to work out what it was

Jan
Aww they are so sweet
Old Sep 12th 2009, 10:28 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Those dogs are gorgeous.

The big black GSD came face to face with a hare yesterday: she didn't run after it, but that's probably cos she was trying to work out what it was

That reminds me of the first time my cat saw a chicken. The chicken had escaped from next door and was on our porch deck . The cat rounded the corner doing it's thing and came nose to beak with the chicken. Never seen a cat jump straight up, 50 foot, in the air before. Cat instantly decided it preferred it's chicken stuffed and roasted & blamed the toxic ground in the village for the giant mutant bird which was an affront to cathood.
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

OK, the dogs.....

they are not our best friends this morning, the little one has discovered that the back fence is not quite continuous and went for a little walk on his own. Bear in mind that I didn't want to disturb the peace yelling his name, but I also don't know the area and didn't have a clue where he might be . He came back, very pleased with his adventure, eventually, and then slept for hours. Need to modify the garden today

It's 3.5 acres -ish, we found out yesterday. Still massive, though, to us Brits..

Jan
Thanks for this thread Jan - i am really enjoying it! - it makes it all seem real there eh?
Berni
Old Sep 13th 2009, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

well, have decided that we MUST block the gap in the fence as it's a bit stressful letting them out now they are getting confident about the area.

Our drive is quite long (pic attached) and Neil went out tonight to put a message for the postman in the letter box. He said the big dogs -not the staffie, he's too unpredictable, supervision only ran off into the garden and it's so dark here at night that he couldn't see them

Next purchase? Bloody huge torch

Anyway, "week 3" will be full of the details of the delights of rural living.... some quite unusual quirks

I should explain that we thought we would like to live rural, and that although the house seems like a palace to us, from the UK, it's not that expensive to rent, because Christchurch locals think that 28km is so far out of town that they never actually drive that far. To us, commuting all silly hours in the UK, it's peanuts!!! And driving here in the rush hour........ is like driving in Manchester (UK) at midnight

Jan
Attached Thumbnails Week 2-drive-up-our-house-.jpg  
Old Sep 13th 2009, 1:06 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
Those dogs are gorgeous.

That reminds me of the first time my cat saw a chicken. The chicken had escaped from next door and was on our porch deck . The cat rounded the corner doing it's thing and came nose to beak with the chicken. Never seen a cat jump straight up, 50 foot, in the air before. Cat instantly decided it preferred it's chicken stuffed and roasted & blamed the toxic ground in the village for the giant mutant bird which was an affront to cathood.
I got a mental image of it all!

And surely you meant the chicken was on your "dick"
Old Sep 13th 2009, 1:10 pm
We're HERE!!!

Kija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond reputeKija has a reputation beyond repute

well, have decided that we MUST block the gap in the fence as it's a bit stressful letting them out now they are getting confident about the area.

Our drive is quite long (pic attached) and Neil went out tonight to put a message for the postman in the letter box. He said the big dogs -not the staffie, he's too unpredictable, supervision only ran off into the garden and it's so dark here at night that he couldn't see them

Next purchase? Bloody huge torch

Anyway, "week 3" will be full of the details of the delights of rural living.... some quite unusual quirks

I should explain that we thought we would like to live rural, and that although the house seems like a palace to us, from the UK, it's not that expensive to rent, because Christchurch locals think that 28km is so far out of town that they never actually drive that far. To us, commuting all silly hours in the UK, it's peanuts!!! And driving here in the rush hour........ is like driving in Manchester (UK) at midnight

Jan
Thanks for the pic, lovely drive, seriously this thread is getting addictive, it's really giving the rest of us an idea of what it's like there. Could this be the beginnings of an Irish eyes-thread in the making? Speaking of which where has she disappeared?

Some karma on its way to you
Old Sep 13th 2009, 7:27 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Kija
Thanks for the pic, lovely drive, seriously this thread is getting addictive, it's really giving the rest of us an idea of what it's like there. Could this be the beginnings of an Irish eyes-thread in the making? Speaking of which where has she disappeared?

Some karma on its way to you
Lush drive, I cud do with that at the mo jan & neil to do my running \i would be dead at the end of it mind, lol. Keep enjoying life, you worked hard enough to get there eh?? Is it in the disatnce yet or still fresh in the front of your minds of what those sh**s did to make you both suffer ?? However, hey, who has the last laugh guys??

At the moment, as ours is dragging, I think of you both every day and what you went through to get there and without us even meeting you have made an inpact on our lives even though you do not know it, ok Im now getting all soppy, so thats it

Take care Tina. x

Last edited by willand tina_h; Sep 13th 2009 at 7:34 pm. Reason: duuhh spelling mistake!!!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

To be fair, our troubles may not be over as we still don't have PR.........
Old Sep 13th 2009, 9:48 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

To be fair, our troubles may not be over as we still don't have PR.........
oh yeah forgot that