Week 2

Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Week 2

Well, we are still here

My job is just fantastic, boss took us out this week with colleagues for a welcome dinner - yet again I can't imagine that in the UK. I have had lots of support from staff and been made to feel genuinely welcome. I work long hours just like I did in the UK but the commuting is so much less that I feel I have my life back

We have bought a car (each - we need two) and move into our rented house on Friday with our gorgeous doggies. We went to see the house tonight and a rather large rabbit ran across the front lawn as we drove in - going to need to supervise our killer dogs Actually they'd have been well asleep on our laps by that time

We bought some more furniture as ours is at sea, but also we had quite a small house in the UK and realised that our stuff would look teensy weensy in most houses here. We went to Smith City and not only got some bargains but they lent us a suite until ours is delivered

So what else have we learnt? Haggling is odd.... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Food is pretty expensive, as everyone says. Restaurants are friendly but for the most part of average quality (could be a CHC thing?) It's very VERY dark at night when driving outside the city, and we can see the potential for accidents. It is cold at night still, extra jumpers should have been packed.

But perhaps one of the best finds is the radio station in CHC, The Rock on 93.7. Totally brilliant if you like obscure rock music, better than Kerrang or similar in the UK, with witty presenters not afraid to say it like it is.

So, we're still in heaven, and still thrilled to be here.

Jan
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:29 am
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Week 2

Great to read your update, pleased all going so well for you
Your boss sounds great and good to hear you are loving your job.

Must admit I was totally freaked the first time I drove at night over in NZ, being a city girl and all! Talk about DARK !

Also nearly chunderd first time I drove over one very winding hill!

Dewb x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jan and Neil

So good to hear how you are getting on......and that your employer is as great as he sounded back when you were going through the visa mill.

You sound like you have been so busy. When you have a moment get yourself out on the dick and have a quiet moment. Yes you really are there and doing it

Maria
x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jan and Neil, it sounds just wonderful-enjoy Bevissa xxx
Old Sep 9th 2009, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

my new toy..... no way would I have had one on the UK, its 17 years old but here, of course, they don't rot This is one isn't actually mine, mine doesn't have the targa roof.

Right off to work to drive my new car now

Jan
Attached Thumbnails Week 2-mr2.jpg  
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:45 pm
appreciate life

willand tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of lightwilland tina_h is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
my new toy..... no way would I have had one on the UK, its 17 years old but here, of course, they don't rot This is one isn't actually mine, mine doesn't have the targa roof.

Jan
lovely to hear from you, I want a boss like yours

Jan do you mind if I ask what you do for your job?

Tina, x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:46 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Gald everything going so well for you.... car looks fab!
B x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 8:58 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

Jan
Nice car! I want one, but have to disagree I prefer the music on Kerrang.... and I also miss music tv, not the same here!

glad your enjoying your job x
Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:20 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Another lovely update . Karma to you .

Train the dogs to bring the rabbits & stick 'em in a pie.

My neighbour just spent a few days down in Canterbury for the specific purpose of shooting loads of rabbits for the freezer.

Must admit I was totally freaked the first time I drove at night over in NZ, being a city girl and all! Talk about DARK

Also nearly chunderd first time I drove over one very winding hill!
The unpolluted night sky is one of the best things about NZ . It's wondrous in fact, even if the stars are all in the wrong places.

Husband can still get the motion sickness queasies at times when we drive over Takaka Hill , which consists of nothing but hair pin bends and is extremely long.
He gets on me nerves ---- I threaten 'The Hill'
Old Sep 9th 2009, 11:38 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Good to hear you're settling in and living the dream after all that stress you had in getting here [together]
Sounds like your employer is treating you well too
Sue
Old Sep 10th 2009, 3:19 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely, lovely, another update! My favourite.

So pleased to hear it all seems to be coming together. Keep on living the dream!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

Cadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant futureCadibel has a brilliant future

Well, we are still here

My job is just fantastic, boss took us out this week with colleagues for a welcome dinner - yet again I can't imagine that in the UK. I have had lots of support from staff and been made to feel genuinely welcome. I work long hours just like I did in the UK but the commuting is so much less that I feel I have my life back

We have bought a car (each - we need two) and move into our rented house on Friday with our gorgeous doggies. We went to see the house tonight and a rather large rabbit ran across the front lawn as we drove in - going to need to supervise our killer dogs Actually they'd have been well asleep on our laps by that time

We bought some more furniture as ours is at sea, but also we had quite a small house in the UK and realised that our stuff would look teensy weensy in most houses here. We went to Smith City and not only got some bargains but they lent us a suite until ours is delivered

So what else have we learnt? Haggling is odd.... sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Food is pretty expensive, as everyone says. Restaurants are friendly but for the most part of average quality (could be a CHC thing?) It's very VERY dark at night when driving outside the city, and we can see the potential for accidents. It is cold at night still, extra jumpers should have been packed.

But perhaps one of the best finds is the radio station in CHC, The Rock on 93.7. Totally brilliant if you like obscure rock music, better than Kerrang or similar in the UK, with witty presenters not afraid to say it like it is.

So, we're still in heaven, and still thrilled to be here.

Jan
Great to hear what settling is like for those of us still waiting to make the jump!

Your car looks fab btw!
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you have settled in well to life here in NZ. I still have moments of " I can't believe I am really here" as life seems so normal,and as if I have been here for a lot longer than 10 weeks. I too notice the darkness,but really like it. We had a radio station in Glasgow called Rock FM which basically plays the same as here so my OH is well pleased. Really like the car,but where is Neil's? Hope you continue to enjoy life here on the South Island. Karma being sent.

Phyl x
Old Sep 10th 2009, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

I got a ute, piccy when i can work it out
Old Sep 10th 2009, 6:06 pm
~^_^~

shelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond reputeshelloid has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the continued updates. It's really great to hear how you're getting on as time passes.

Kepp it up please!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.