Two Years:

Old Sep 24th 2011, 8:13 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Two Years:

I haven't posted on the site for ages but read the threads regally
This site was a great help to me when I first came to NZ lots of useful info from people.
Well my own little update. Its two years this week since we came to NZ my wife had a job but I really struggled to find any work at first and was close to going back to the UK after 6 months of no job I was going crazy But finally I got a job exactly the same line of work I left in the u K.
We have been back to the UK for a holiday and I would not like to live there again. This palace has its drawbacks but the UK really has lost it for me. We have just moved house and hopefully this will make us more settled here it is a very hard place to make any friends and after two years we have yet to make any friends here but we are happy in our own way. Will we stay? Who knows my wife is a nurse and Australia is tempting we have no children here so nothing tying us down I have been told by my work place that we have a pay freeze for the next few years so if we are chasing the cash then this is not the place to be ( but we are not money motivated) Its certainly been an interesting two years we have done a lot of travelling all over the north island in our campervan and now enjoy kayaking of all things and looking forward to the summer now
I found it very difficult here for the first year or so especially on the work front. It’s a hard place to live on one wage. It will be an interesting next few years
Good luck to all the newbies out there
Old Sep 24th 2011, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

HelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Two Years:

Thank you for update...defo gives perspective for those rose tinted glasses with us newbies!
Old Sep 25th 2011, 4:03 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Thank you so much for thinking to come and update bdclayton. I have wondered how you have settled after all the work issues. Lovely to read that things are better.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 5:13 am
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Bevs
Old Sep 25th 2011, 8:31 am
Forum Regular

Debbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud ofDebbie2NZ has much to be proud of

Fair comment bdclayton. We are in the same boat, I've got no work but my husband has. I've only had 2 interviews and got turned down both times. I'm seriously considering doing voluntary work as I'm climbing the walls with boredom whilst watching the hole in my cv get bigger. We've purchased a house and are settling down after a rocky 8 months. BTW, a pay freeze is nothing new to me, I was mid way through a 2 year pay freeze as we left Britain. My husband had a 9% pay cut five months before we left. It's often been said people don't come to NZ to get rich. Just as well really. Good luck for the future.
Old Sep 25th 2011, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Really good honest update
Old Oct 1st 2011, 5:33 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Ahhh, there you are! Really nice to read your update, thank you for taking the time. Glad the job has lasted, and good luck whatever the future holds.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck