Twelve years today

Old Sep 26th 2011, 9:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute
Default Twelve years today

I arrived on this day in 1999. Planning to avoid the millenium in the Northern hemisphere and fearing the end of the world.

Now 12 years later I am still alive and the world is still turning.
I'm not doing a big update but it has been good really.
Took a good couple of years to feel OK. Having a baby helped me meet people and my life improved at that point as I was miserable for the most part before but too ashamed to say anything.

I did my degree here and that helped my confidence hugely and I started to feel like myself again.

Now I have a great set of friends and I feel at home. I've finally found people that I can have a really good laugh.

I have had so many opportunities here. Since arriving I have learnt to drive, had a baby, got a degree, done post grad study, got fit, grown dreads, bought a house and finally found out who I am in this universe.

I feel more accepted here than I ever did at home but that of course may be my age. It has been a good process. Not without it's many downs and losses and I miss friends and family so much. But it has been good for me and my little whanau to be here.
Old Sep 27th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Twelve years today

Good on you, it's great what you have achieved, well done and thanks for sharing your story Flora x
Old Sep 27th 2011, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Old Sep 29th 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by florabundi
Good on you, it's great what you have achieved, well done and thanks for sharing your story Flora x
me too.
Old Sep 30th 2011, 5:31 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Lovely update. Always nice to read when something finally slots in to place. Very happy for you.
Old Oct 1st 2011, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

what a great place to grow. Hope the next decade has as many positives for you as the last