still here..

Old Jul 12th 2011, 10:12 pm
Account Closed

Dustybin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default still here..

You can tell it's winter can't you, mostly cause I've been spending too much time on here!

So here goes 5 min view from us so far

Been here just over 4 years now, arrived after bumbling around the world for 18 months with a sort of plan in our heads that if we liked it here we would stay, and thats what happened.

We turned up with 2 rucksacks and no idea. 8 weeks of mooching about later we ran out on money. I was lucky enough to get a job within a couple of weeks (who could resist my charms??) and they helped me get a one year visa. This done Mrs Bin got a visa just for being married to me, and 6 months later got herself a job. This done 5 months later we had residency.

Since then i have been made redundant, been a travel writer of sorts for a backpacker website and got another ' proper' job as my dad would say.

We've got debt and a dog so this must be home.

The last year has been interesting to say the least but we've been mostly lucky, and at the end of the day sh*t happens and I learn't long ago that worrying about things i cant influence is about as pointless as watching TVNZ in HD.

I went back to the UK this year to visit the folks, and although it was interesting to go back, neither of us had any urge to stay.

We always get asked how long we will stay and my default answer is as long as it is fun, and it's still fun .
Old Jul 14th 2011, 12:30 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: still here..

I'll chip in and say: "Nice sitrep Dusty and good to see you hanging on in there down in Christchurch."

http://www.facebook.com/bigchipin?sk...46404848706784
Old Aug 8th 2011, 11:17 pm

Catchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond reputeCatchafire has a reputation beyond repute

From one backpacking couple to another. Good on you guys!
Old Aug 11th 2011, 5:17 pm
Forum Regular

charlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dustybin
You can tell it's winter can't you, mostly cause I've been spending too much time on here!

So here goes 5 min view from us so far

Been here just over 4 years now, arrived after bumbling around the world for 18 months with a sort of plan in our heads that if we liked it here we would stay, and thats what happened.

We turned up with 2 rucksacks and no idea. 8 weeks of mooching about later we ran out on money. I was lucky enough to get a job within a couple of weeks (who could resist my charms??) and they helped me get a one year visa. This done Mrs Bin got a visa just for being married to me, and 6 months later got herself a job. This done 5 months later we had residency.

Since then i have been made redundant, been a travel writer of sorts for a backpacker website and got another ' proper' job as my dad would say.

The last year has been interesting to say the least but we've been mostly lucky, and at the end of the day sh*t happens and I learn't long ago that worrying about things i cant influence is about as pointless as watching TVNZ in HD.

I went back to the UK this year to visit the folks, and although it was interesting to go back, neither of us had any urge to stay.

We always get asked how long we will stay and my default answer is as long as it is fun, and it's still fun .
I love the 'debt and a dog' idea - amazing what ties us, or is it bonds us, to a place, and yes, me too!!!
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Nice one
Old Aug 18th 2011, 8:44 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dustybin
Excellent! Thank you for the update, so long as it stays fun, I like that too.