Pointer update

Old Aug 1st 2011, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

Mrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really niceMrs Pointer is just really nice
Default Pointer update

Four months in, so a quick update.

Hubby had a job from the get go. I've just found a job - my advice is to use a couple of agencies and also look yourself. You may have to take a wee step back as you are "foreign" and your experience does scare some of them, but I am only earning £2k less than I was and am not bothered about a wee step back. Will soon find out what the kiwi workplace is like.

After renting a shed which is either toasty (in the sun) or 90% damp (in the rain) we had a look at second hand properties but were not prepared to put up with Kiwi "heating" options and the lack of double glazing so we have decided to build. Plus we want a view - why live in Wellington and not have one.

Brought our dogs, and they love it. I've found plenty of places around Porirua to walk them off the lead and on it.

We have joined a kayaking club and have booked a couple of trips. The first steps in having a different, more outdoorsy life.

Starting to make friends - random meetings, be proactive, never so no to an invitation.

I don't feel too homesick or far away at all...I keep in touch with my friends and family via Facebook, email and skype.

And the sun definitely does shine more often. So loving it so far...I think it does take a few months to adapt, but we're starting to feel pretty settled.
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 6:05 am
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pointer update

Brilliant, Mrs Pointer, very glad you are settling in and good luck with the kayaking
Old Aug 2nd 2011, 2:38 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Good on you and yours, that's the spirit.

Bit chilly for kayaking for me at the moment, but did some in the summer - good fun.

Thanks for the update.
Old Aug 5th 2011, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

HelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant futureHelsnLee has a brilliant future

Fab Update!....love the 'grab life by the balls' attitude.....Defo life is what u make it!
Old Aug 5th 2011, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Reylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to allReylan is a name known to all

Thanks for this - inspirational.
Old Aug 7th 2011, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Luckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of lightLuckybird is a glorious beacon of light

Great update glad you are settled and enjoying it good luck with the build
Old Aug 17th 2011, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Tray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of lightTray is a glorious beacon of light

Awesome