New House!!!!

Old Feb 7th 2010, 10:24 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default New House!!!!

We have now moved into our new house, the move went very smoothly and as you can all see I am now back online
Luckily I still love it as much as I did when we viewed it, now comes the hard part of unpacking and arranging the furniture. Only problem is that it is bigger than the last place and we do not have enough furniture to fill it I see more shopping expeditions on the horizon.
We have bought some drawers for the bedroom and now have to hunt down some decent bookshelves. My temporary Warehouse ones have survived a year but are now looking the worse for wear and I feel they do not have long for this world Well what did I expect for $30!
Now we are just getting to know the house; it's like meeting a new lover, there's that initial whirl of excitement when everything is just perfect and then the faults start to appear. It's more things like, we need a power point over there rather than here and how does this work??? So nothing major, we just need to work out how to live here that's all But that is quite hard when most stuff is still in boxes in the garage and there's a lot of empty space!
Next step: getting some pictures and photos on the walls
Old Feb 8th 2010, 6:01 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New House!!!!

yey! welcome to your new home Sue and Mr Sue! In keeping with where i'm from, here's some cyber coal, salt and bread... yep we're right generous!! (sometimes, if you're really lucky you might get a skanky spider plant too, but i haven't got one at the mo!) (you should see what you get if we're first through the door at new year!!)

here's to a long, warm, tasty and unhungry life in your new home! x
Old Feb 8th 2010, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to your new home. Nice to have you back x
Old Feb 8th 2010, 5:01 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you back lots of good wishes in your new home.
You will soon fill up those rooms then wondering were you can put stuff

Dewb x
Old Feb 10th 2010, 2:26 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone!!

Now back online AGAIN!
Telecom are driving me mad. We have been off line for two days and are now re-connected Long story...

House still good, waiting for bedroom drawers to arrive and then the unpacking can continue. In fact the only thing that would make it perfect is a skanky spider plant- Stoof, sure you can't help??
My dad used to do the first footing with a lump of coal [Durham is famous for it I suppose]-what do you do across the hills?
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you back again and lots of best wishes in your new home.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 7:41 am
Account Closed

Stoof is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Persephone
Thanks everyone!!

Now back online AGAIN!
Telecom are driving me mad. We have been off line for two days and are now re-connected Long story...

House still good, waiting for bedroom drawers to arrive and then the unpacking can continue. In fact the only thing that would make it perfect is a skanky spider plant- Stoof, sure you can't help??
My dad used to do the first footing with a lump of coal [Durham is famous for it I suppose]-what do you do across the hills?
hehe.... yep, big ole lump of coal on our side too (or failing that, a log ), and of course (at least up in the sticks) the flask to share too... (don't want to think about how much of other peoples spittle i've probably consumed over the years being polite!! yearch!!)

I shall propagate a skanky spider plant, specially for on top of your new drawers Sue!
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have lots of fun in your new place. How are you finding being "down south" ?

Phyl x
Old Feb 15th 2010, 2:08 am
Queen of the Underworld

Hi Phyl,
we're settling in ok down south and enjoying the new house. First time I've ever owned [well part owned in this instance] so it's all very exciting and just a little bit scary. I now have to learn about gardening, DIY and other such mysteries
Now I just need to get a job as sitting here in my castle every day is not going to pay the bills or keep me from going insane through boredom I was never meant to be a housewife and there's only so much I can do here until we get some bookshelves and the unpacking can continue
Sue x
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:01 am
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Persephone
Hi Phyl,
we're settling in ok down south and enjoying the new house. First time I've ever owned [well part owned in this instance] so it's all very exciting and just a little bit scary. I now have to learn about gardening, DIY and other such mysteries
Now I just need to get a job as sitting here in my castle every day is not going to pay the bills or keep me from going insane through boredom I was never meant to be a housewife and there's only so much I can do here until we get some bookshelves and the unpacking can continue
Sue x
Hi To see you back on line we have a much bigger house from the UK the dinning table, sofa that came from the cottage did not go well with my new house so much of it was sold on Trademe and we had a big shopping spree but have to say we was months before we finally unpacked the rest of the stuff, only down side is the heating cost.
Good luck with the Garden!!!