Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

First camping holiday in NZ

First camping holiday in NZ

Old Jan 21st 2010, 8:25 pm
Busy Again

bdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of lightbdclayton is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: First camping holiday in NZ

Originally Posted by BEVS
OMG

You gotta have karma for that !
Cheers for that
i though it was so funny just had to take the photo
then i ran
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

We're going on Sunday...my hubster is staying at home so no one to lug the tent over the hill (
Old Jan 22nd 2010, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bdclayton
Everyone should try the camping but to do it Kiwi style you have to take
your TV not portable but plasma
Freezer ( large size)
Fridge Very large
Microwave
Double bed not a foam mattress the proper kind
very large BBQ
Boat.
4x4
very large table
lots of beer
5 kids and grand parents to look after the kids
Alarm Clock ( have to be in bed by 10pm and awake by 6am )
i am sure i must have missed something ?
o yep very large hat

There was an ultra modern attach to your 4wd trailer thing with sides that expanded at our site and it had a flat screen plasma in it!!! Why the hell did they do that??? Surely camping means getting away from it all. We banned our 2 from taking any hand held computer games.Bikes,books and board games only. Not happy at the time but honestly,they did not miss them once.
Also,people who had ALL of the above and a jet ski,a donut to pull behind the boat and much more!!

Phyl x
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 7:39 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weejie
There was an ultra modern attach to your 4wd trailer thing with sides that expanded at our site and it had a flat screen plasma in it!!! Why the hell did they do that??? Surely camping means getting away from it all. We banned our 2 from taking any hand held computer games.Bikes,books and board games only. Not happy at the time but honestly,they did not miss them once.
Also,people who had ALL of the above and a jet ski,a donut to pull behind the boat and much more!!

Phyl x
We wre the same Phyl - despite some pretty shoddy weather we had a fabulous time.

The boys did some fishing and I went off to see Numptyhead and they joined us for a barbie in the evening. I'm sure she won't mind, photo of us with the boys' catch!

Lovely to meet you all Maria.
Attached Thumbnails First camping holiday in NZ-dscf1263.jpg  
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Numptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond reputeNumptyhead has a reputation beyond repute

The boys did some fishing and I went off to see Numptyhead and they joined us for a barbie in the evening. I'm sure she won't mind, photo of us with the boys' catch!

Lovely to meet you all Maria.

How did I know you were going to post that photo. Hey the fish tasted soooooo good. Thanks
Old Jan 24th 2010, 2:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

What a great update Phyl, sounds like you had a great trip despite a dodgy start with the weather.

I grew up camping in Omakau from when I was teeny, tiny until I was a teenager. My sis still goes there every year in her camper. I am hoping to carry on the tradition when we eventually make it home. I absolutely love Central Otago, beautiful scenery and loads to do.

Dannigirl