Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > NZ Update
Reload this Page >

all settled - UK? might visit one day...

all settled - UK? might visit one day...

Old Mar 27th 2011, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

hippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the rough
Default all settled - UK? might visit one day...

well, I have to admit that this is the first time I have been on this site for EVER.... before we moved I was here on a daily basis trying to imagine what my life would be like - well, we moved here in Dec '08 (yes, 3 weeks before xmas with 4 kids was a bit of a mistake....) I now have a home I couldn't have even dreamed of in England - completely rural loads of land and perfect to the point, that if we won lotto I would use the money to get my friends here not move elsewhere.... to say I am living the dream is to put it mildly - ok, the wages here are a lot less, the cost of living in comparison is prob higher - but I look around me and it pales into insignificance - I am really happy and my only regret is that I didnt do this years ago - my children have a healthier lifestyle, better opportunities than back in UK and are so much happier themselves... it is currently 5.30am, i have almost finished a 12hr shift at work and yet I am still smiling - will happily recommend this to anyone who is unsure whether to make the leap.. have not felt homesick - oh ok, missing Ikea, but thats all. skype means my friends are still close so don't feel i have lost them, and pretty soon I think more of my family will be coming over here to us.....
Old Mar 28th 2011, 3:35 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: all settled - UK? might visit one day...

Old Mar 28th 2011, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: all settled - UK? might visit one day...

Brilliant to read your update, it helps to hear all the positives when you are having to climb Mt Immigration! Hope you life continues to be all you wish for.
Old Mar 28th 2011, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

hippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the rough

ha ha - tell me about it (I still don't know how they can justify charging for people 'expressing an interest'......)
the only thing I will say is if all goes well (and I hope it does for you) buy EVERYTHING YOU CAN FROM IKEA!!!!! ha ha that is the one thing i miss (very sad and very true) in fact when we were thinking of coming over here to live i even googled NZ Ikea - they were building one in Auckland - but it was shelved (wonder if i can get all my immigration money back due to false advertising???? ha ha)
they say home is where your heart is - I have my 4 boys, my wonderful hubby and our mad dog - I am HOME
good luck
Old Mar 28th 2011, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

florabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond reputeflorabundi has a reputation beyond repute

That's not sad, I'm afraid I have already tried to see if my favourite face cream is available in NZ! Also had a look to see which stores deliver there! IKEA is quite an institution ~ surely you NEED one in NZ? I'm not as shallow as I sound, honest!
Cheers
Flora
Old Mar 29th 2011, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

This is exactly the kind of update we want to be writing!
Old Mar 29th 2011, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hippychic23
well, I have to admit that this is the first time I have been on this site for EVER.... before we moved I was here on a daily basis trying to imagine what my life would be like - well, we moved here in Dec '08 (yes, 3 weeks before xmas with 4 kids was a bit of a mistake....) I now have a home I couldn't have even dreamed of in England - completely rural loads of land and perfect to the point, that if we won lotto I would use the money to get my friends here not move elsewhere.... to say I am living the dream is to put it mildly - ok, the wages here are a lot less, the cost of living in comparison is prob higher - but I look around me and it pales into insignificance - I am really happy and my only regret is that I didnt do this years ago - my children have a healthier lifestyle, better opportunities than back in UK and are so much happier themselves... it is currently 5.30am, i have almost finished a 12hr shift at work and yet I am still smiling - will happily recommend this to anyone who is unsure whether to make the leap.. have not felt homesick - oh ok, missing Ikea, but thats all. skype means my friends are still close so don't feel i have lost them, and pretty soon I think more of my family will be coming over here to us.....
Great news!!
I got married in Kaukap 16 years ago!!! I don't hold it against the place though, lucky you My cuzzy lives down the road in The 'Ville and you're right it is great x
Old Mar 30th 2011, 4:23 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Apr 4th 2011, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

bolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to beholdbolton1 is a splendid one to behold

S'marvellous