7th month

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 12:38 pm
Just Joined

muddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the roughmuddyboots is a jewel in the rough
Default 7th month

What can you say only been here 7 months so you only sitting on the crust of it, not been easy been lots of 1sts earth quake is the big 1st. WAS IN Christchurch for that not again please we are lucky as we live on the out skirts, lots of people still suffering as a result.
How do we find NZ EXPENSIVE crap internet poor driving skills they just cant drive and so slow(just as well) Food is good not once have i had to complain, eating out is good value if you are careful, but a word to the wise when buying anything big get a kiwi to do it, because soon as you open your mouth and that english accent comes out the price stays high. If buying a car knock thousands off windscreen to start with. The country is wow for views the weather is good bit strange the way it changes Electric is very expensive and thats how you heat and cook unless you have a wood fire.
People are nice friendly and help full you get the odd pome hater but they would hate anybody they didn't know. Its clean the kids can play in the rivers and just be kids. I cant get a job wife has hers and hates it so there is a problem but we will get round that. I go off road driving and fishing a lot here something I couldn't do in UK so that a plus.
So what do I say to people who are wanting to come here, listen to your heart but think deep because it aint no picnic it can be a tough slog its expensive to get here and its expensive to live here, look at the debt that most kiwis have wages are not that good, so if your coming for money DONT if your coming for life style come but be ready its a rocky road
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:10 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: 7th month

Thanks for the update. I like it because it says it exactly how it has been for you. Straight up.

All good wishes for you and your family now and in the future.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by muddyboots
What can you say only been here 7 months so you only sitting on the crust of it, not been easy been lots of 1sts earth quake is the big 1st. WAS IN Christchurch for that not again please we are lucky as we live on the out skirts, lots of people still suffering as a result.
How do we find NZ EXPENSIVE crap internet poor driving skills they just cant drive and so slow(just as well) Food is good not once have i had to complain, eating out is good value if you are careful, but a word to the wise when buying anything big get a kiwi to do it, because soon as you open your mouth and that english accent comes out the price stays high. If buying a car knock thousands off windscreen to start with. The country is wow for views the weather is good bit strange the way it changes Electric is very expensive and thats how you heat and cook unless you have a wood fire.
People are nice friendly and help full you get the odd pome hater but they would hate anybody they didn't know. Its clean the kids can play in the rivers and just be kids. I cant get a job wife has hers and hates it so there is a problem but we will get round that. I go off road driving and fishing a lot here something I couldn't do in UK so that a plus.
So what do I say to people who are wanting to come here, listen to your heart but think deep because it aint no picnic it can be a tough slog its expensive to get here and its expensive to live here, look at the debt that most kiwis have wages are not that good, so if your coming for money DONT if your coming for life style come but be ready its a rocky road
Very experienced words..sure you ain't been here 7 YEARS?? Bit I do disagree with is SLOW???? They are all tail gating, bumper kissing bandits round here (and everywhere else IMO), eager to be as close as to you in case an opportunity arises to jump one car and get ahead and thus arrive at their destination a second earlier. Alas in many cases they never arrive and end up in a box...stupid, stupid, thick bastards. Great info, rant over.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 9:25 pm
Forum Regular

yjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond reputeyjx1nt7 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
The driving we have found is slow, compared to the UK , My partner received first speeding fine in our second week here, second one in our 5th month for overtaking an unmarked police car
Needless to say he was not popular with me for that !!!
However I agree with muddyboots it aint no picnic and it is expensive.. There have been times where I have wanted to get on a plane and never to return ,,, But I look at my children and the freedom they are experiencing here and you only have to turn a corner and see the breathtaking views then it does seem all worth it
Old Sep 12th 2011, 10:41 am
Just Joined

happy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nicehappy in nz is just really nice

the police in nz are fantastic, caring and helpfull,the police in the uk are unhelpfull and rude.nz is soooooooooooo much better tha the uk.
jujt takes a while
Old Sep 12th 2011, 11:06 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What a very bizarre post to insert into an Update thread that is 3 months old.