7 weeks in! :-)

Old Aug 9th 2010, 12:51 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile 7 weeks in! :-)

Just a quick update, won't bore you all too much!

Been here 7 weeks now and loving it. Been staying at my parents in Orewa since we arrived which has been fab

Took a road trip round the north island a week after we arrived for a couple of weeks, that was great and gave us a good idea of where everything is! Love the Hibiscus Coast where we are but after that it would have to be Tauranga and then maybe Napier, gorgeous places!

Have just rented a lovely little house in Stanmore Bay with great sea views (photo) and 2 min walk to beach... move in in 3 weeks, can't wait!

Got a nice 4x4 for a bargain price (a bit of haggling!) and are currently shopping for furniture for our new abode!

Hubby (whose a spark) started work 3 weeks ago on a major project in the city, gets picked up and dropped off which is good and saves the petrol money!

He had his own company in the UK and is used to a lot of lie ins and lazy days due to the recession in the trades, so early starts and full working days were a bit of a shock to the system first but he's settled in OK now and is managing to stay awake until 10pm!

Our container docks in Auckland today so looking forward to getting our stuff in a week or 2, just in time for the move into our own little gaff

I'm a lady of leisure at the mo, looking for suitable jobs, sure something will come along soon enough, in the meantime I'll enjoy my freedom!

I miss my friends and family in the UK loads but know we made the right decision... talk to someone on Skype nearly every day which makes it easier!

To all those in the process of the move or just arrived... GOOD LUCK! Life is what you make of it so give it your all and stay happy
Attached Thumbnails 7 weeks in! :-)-10.jpg  
Old Aug 9th 2010, 4:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: Manchester-Auckland-Anglesey- soon to be Manchester. yay.
sue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nicesue1234 is just really nice
Default Re: 7 weeks in! :-)

Hi Flowerpot, great to hear your update, Hibiscus coast would be my choice too, but the commute to work.... our container arrives today also, so excited! (will leave my update till were moved and settled with our own stuff), hope things work out for you, good luck. sue
Old Aug 9th 2010, 4:00 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Awww, all sounds like it's come together for you guys, congratulations.

The house looks fabulous.

Thank you for taking the time to update and long may your happiness continue.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 6:04 am

Lily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really niceLily77cat is just really nice

well done you- stanmore bay is our favourite beach up here summer or winter.
in the height of summer there is never more than 200people on it and at over 2km in length it is never busy!!
pm me if you wanna meet up for coffee
Old Aug 9th 2010, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

So glad you are enjoying your new life over here. Keep us posted!
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:27 am
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
Just a quick update, won't bore you all too much!

Been here 7 weeks now and loving it. Been staying at my parents in Orewa since we arrived which has been fab

Took a road trip round the north island a week after we arrived for a couple of weeks, that was great and gave us a good idea of where everything is! Love the Hibiscus Coast where we are but after that it would have to be Tauranga and then maybe Napier, gorgeous places!

Have just rented a lovely little house in Stanmore Bay with great sea views (photo) and 2 min walk to beach... move in in 3 weeks, can't wait!

Got a nice 4x4 for a bargain price (a bit of haggling!) and are currently shopping for furniture for our new abode!

Hubby (whose a spark) started work 3 weeks ago on a major project in the city, gets picked up and dropped off which is good and saves the petrol money!

He had his own company in the UK and is used to a lot of lie ins and lazy days due to the recession in the trades, so early starts and full working days were a bit of a shock to the system first but he's settled in OK now and is managing to stay awake until 10pm!

Our container docks in Auckland today so looking forward to getting our stuff in a week or 2, just in time for the move into our own little gaff

I'm a lady of leisure at the mo, looking for suitable jobs, sure something will come along soon enough, in the meantime I'll enjoy my freedom!

I miss my friends and family in the UK loads but know we made the right decision... talk to someone on Skype nearly every day which makes it easier!

To all those in the process of the move or just arrived... GOOD LUCK! Life is what you make of it so give it your all and stay happy
Hi Flower pot, were up in Matakatia Bay staying with friends, not sure if you remember me? My hubby is also a sparky, still looking for a job and somewhere to attend a safety course? Dont suppose where your hubby is at are lokking for anymore sparkies?
Glad to hear youve settled in, we are looking at some rentals in Snells beach tomorrow, lovely around here but a bit busier than we thought especially for us 'country bumpkins'
Old Aug 10th 2010, 9:49 pm

Thanks Sue - can't wait to get our stuff, bet you can't too! Surprised at the MAF fees too, only $200 odd dollars, thought would be well more!

Cheers Am Loolah & RobDon, things seem to be coming together... got a couple of interviews scheduled too so !

Deffo up for meeting for coffee Lilly - will PM you

Yeah I remember you Alchris I'll ask hubby to suss out if their taking on anyone else or if he has a contact for you... works in the city though which is almost an hour commute for him from here... if you move to Snells beach it would be a massive commute! His work are sorting his H&S course.

Snells is lovely, but just too far out for us to travel for work, plus we are city folk so this is quiet for us!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 11:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

alchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of lightalchris is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah we did think that but then he would be prepared for a long commute if it meant we could satisfy the visa and get permanent residency. Then you would have more time on his hands to be looking elsewhere!

Originally Posted by Flower Pot
Thanks Sue - can't wait to get our stuff, bet you can't too! Surprised at the MAF fees too, only $200 odd dollars, thought would be well more!

Cheers Am Loolah & RobDon, things seem to be coming together... got a couple of interviews scheduled too so !

Deffo up for meeting for coffee Lilly - will PM you

Yeah I remember you Alchris I'll ask hubby to suss out if their taking on anyone else or if he has a contact for you... works in the city though which is almost an hour commute for him from here... if you move to Snells beach it would be a massive commute! His work are sorting his H&S course.

Snells is lovely, but just too far out for us to travel for work, plus we are city folk so this is quiet for us!
Old Aug 14th 2010, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by alchris
Yeah we did think that but then he would be prepared for a long commute if it meant we could satisfy the visa and get permanent residency. Then you would have more time on his hands to be looking elsewhere!
Hubby seems to think they may be looking to take some more on. Ill PM you his email address, get your hubby to email him and he can see what he can do!