No longer a dream!

Old Feb 5th 2010, 7:09 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default No longer a dream!

Managed to get wireless connection sorted at last!....so quick update.
Air NZ flights were as good as long haul can be, def worth flying premium economy (splashed out because this journey a bit special for us) Arrived in damp humid Auckland where OH was welcomed home by immigration bloke and air nz domestic check in staff insisted on our cabin bags being checked in as hold luggage for the 1 hour flight down to Wellington, not a problem till I realised to late that the bags were unlocked and contained my jewellery & our important docs....bit of an anxious wait at cold grey Wellington but luckily all 6 bags had made the 39 hour journey safely.
The last 5 days have been a bit of a blur, but the weather has been lovely...warm & sunny. Spent Tuesday walking around the city sorting bank a/c, sim card etc, later to be reminded of how viscious the sun is .....now got a lovely pink neck!
Wednesday & Thursday spent looking for a car......totally different experience from buying a car in UK! Left a deposit on a car and have been loaned one until ours has been prepared....all part of the service

Its early days and still feels a bit unreal for me, probably because we are having a holiday before settling down and the last week in UK was an emotional roller coaster where I began to feel that I was at my own funeral!!

Our friends here in Wellington have been brilliant and have made us so welcome, we've been reminded of the kindness, generosity and sunny nature of Kiwi's & expats and we now have a car + 6 suitcases to our name!!

Heading over to the South Island next week, date depends on when car is ready & insurance sorted but hopefully will be on the ferry on Monday, hope to catch up real time with some of you then.

See you later
B x
Old Feb 5th 2010, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No longer a dream!

Barbara wow it was so good to hear from you still can't believe you are there I'm so happy for you. Glad the flights were good I would have been panicking too about the unlocked bags
mark must have felt so good to be welcomed home I know the last week was so hard for you all but you now know the kids are ok and it won't be too long before you see them keep your chin up you'll be fine.
Your really getting yourself sorted enjoy the car and your holiday can't wait to hear all about it and I'm dying to hear where your going to settle have a fantastic time deciding. Hopefully it won't be too long before we are visiting you. Speak to you soon

Angela

P.S mind the sun screen

Last edited by AngelaandJim; Feb 5th 2010 at 11:33 pm.
Old Feb 5th 2010, 11:57 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey B great to see an update from you. Glad flights all went well and no major dramas ensued. You have been a busy B getting all sorted. Guess it will feel like a holiday for a bit especially while travelling around. you have a great time exploring and look forward to hearing where your travels take you

Got another viewing tomo

Love Dxxx
Old Feb 6th 2010, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

give us a shout when u are passing thru ChCh we are away untill wed next week but after that it,s all good

Neil
Old Feb 6th 2010, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice
Smile Re: No longer a dream!

Happy landings to you both, glad the flight was uneventful.
I'm new to the sight. Live in north Canterbury. I am at home for one week from the 10th Feb onwards so if your are passing this way let me Know.
Jo Seagar does lovely lunches in Oxford and to get there you pass the end of our street!!
Enjoy your tour of the South.
Dei.
Old Feb 6th 2010, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light127luton is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MnB
Air NZ flights were as good as long haul can be, def worth flying premium economy (splashed out because this journey a bit special for us) Arrived in damp humid Auckland where OH was welcomed home by immigration bloke and air nz domestic check in staff insisted on our cabin bags being checked in as hold luggage for the 1 hour flight down to Wellington, not a problem till I realised to late that the bags were unlocked and contained my jewellery & our important docs....bit of an anxious wait at cold grey Wellington but luckily all 6 bags had made the 39 hour journey safely.
The last 5 days have been a bit of a blur, but the weather has been lovely...warm & sunny. Spent Tuesday walking around the city sorting bank a/c, sim card etc, later to be reminded of how viscious the sun is .....now got a lovely pink neck!
Wednesday & Thursday spent looking for a car......totally different experience from buying a car in UK! Left a deposit on a car and have been loaned one until ours has been prepared....all part of the service

Its early days and still feels a bit unreal for me, probably because we are having a holiday before settling down and the last week in UK was an emotional roller coaster where I began to feel that I was at my own funeral!!

Our friends here in Wellington have been brilliant and have made us so welcome, we've been reminded of the kindness, generosity and sunny nature of Kiwi's & expats and we now have a car + 6 suitcases to our name!!

Heading over to the South Island next week, date depends on when car is ready & insurance sorted but hopefully will be on the ferry on Monday, hope to catch up real time with some of you then.

See you later
B x
Hiya B! i am just sooo pleased that u have arrived !!! the whole experience must be a little fraught! but u have been so good at supporting us andothers - so the very best of luck for your journeys and new life! i am sure you have the attitude and strength to enjoy all! - we shall be joining you soon.. and want to reallly meet up!
love
Berni
xxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 10th 2010, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Psychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to beholdPsychopandy is a splendid one to behold

Hi honey,
just wanted to say welcome and well done in your efforts to get here and to jolly us all along on the way.
I hope your new life is everything you hope it will be and deserve.
Remember us if you are passing through Cambridge.

All the best
Psycho x
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Hey you two, sorry I missed this post, been doing parent evenings ...yeuk.
So glad to hear you're safe and happy, missing your posts
Take care and catch you again soon, Fi x
Old Feb 10th 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB

See you later
B x
Great innit?? I remeber the halcyon days back in late April 2005 juat after we arrived..how exciting it all was..it still is in a way. If you would like to come over for a brew or a beer if you are passing thru' Palmy I will PM you our details, best of luck!! Dom et al
Old Feb 10th 2010, 9:17 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

MnB have now given Nelson the once over and are now on their way to Golden Bay for a week of R&R.
they get good weather.
Old Feb 11th 2010, 4:25 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Glad you are here safe and sound. enjoy NZ!

Phyl x
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:24 am
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick update now we are 3 weeks in....... Wellington has been our base except for the 9 nights we spent on the South Is, enjoyed every minute, every view and every bottle of wine we managed to sample, made some lovely new friends who were unstinting with generosity & hospitality Crossing the Cook Straights was thankfully uneventful except fo the Dolphins (on both trips!!)
Now in Whakatane with the lovely Numptyhead & family and having decided that the BoP is the area where we will settle we are currently looking for a rental property we can call home....not sure yet whether it'll be east or west tho!
We now own a car & 6 mugs in addition to the suitcases & bags we arrived with ..... we have bought some food in addition to the wine and whilst the wine is cheaper (NZ wine on offer $9 a bottle) most other food costs seem to balance out to be similar to UK, Pharmacy prices seem to be almost double here....ashamed to say that even tho I'm a nurse I forgot to bring 'sealegs' with me so had to buy some for the ferry crossing.....expensive mistake!!
Thanks to all you lovely people for the offers of coffee, drinks etc ...sorry didn't get to meet more of you but once we settle I'll get the jug on and post an invite to you all
Catch you soon
B x
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

louloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to alllouloumama is a name known to all

Lovely to read your update MnB - sounds as though your nomadic wanderings have been fab - We very much enjoyed Whakatane when we visited last year - am interested on your thoughts of Nelson ..... for us at the mo it looks like it could go either way between there or BoP - all depends really where job offer comes in .xx Continue to enjoy yourselves and look forward to more updates
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnB
Just a quick update now we are 3 weeks in....... Wellington has been our base except for the 9 nights we spent on the South Is, enjoyed every minute, every view and every bottle of wine we managed to sample, made some lovely new friends who were unstinting with generosity & hospitality Crossing the Cook Straights was thankfully uneventful except fo the Dolphins (on both trips!!)
Now in Whakatane with the lovely Numptyhead & family and having decided that the BoP is the area where we will settle we are currently looking for a rental property we can call home....not sure yet whether it'll be east or west tho!
We now own a car & 6 mugs in addition to the suitcases & bags we arrived with ..... we have bought some food in addition to the wine and whilst the wine is cheaper (NZ wine on offer $9 a bottle) most other food costs seem to balance out to be similar to UK, Pharmacy prices seem to be almost double here....ashamed to say that even tho I'm a nurse I forgot to bring 'sealegs' with me so had to buy some for the ferry crossing.....expensive mistake!!
Thanks to all you lovely people for the offers of coffee, drinks etc ...sorry didn't get to meet more of you but once we settle I'll get the jug on and post an invite to you all
Catch you soon
B x
Hi MnB glad to hear you're having fun don't forget to get a rental with plenty spare bedrooms.......
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi MnB, Nice update
Glad you are enjoying NZ so far.
BoP is a lovely place to live but then we are a little biased!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.