3 years update...

Old Aug 19th 2013, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute
Default 3 years update...

Yesterday was my 3 year anniversary of stepping off of a very small plane in Rotorua with my 3 suitcases (which probably took up the whole luggage hold) and wondering what the hell I had done and what the hell that smell was!

Well 3 years on and I'm still here, well still in NZ at least but there's been a few moves and changes along the way.

Three house moves, Rotorua to Mt Eden (Auckland) to Beach Haven (North Shore) This is soon to be 4 moves as I've just bought a house 5 mins from where I live now, proving that it is possible for a single person with an average job to own property here! I love living in Auckland, I'm very much a city girl so doubt I'd ever live anywhere else in NZ (living in Rotorua almost drove me stir crazy!)

Four job moves, well 3 really as one was returning back to a job I'd had previously. I'm very lucky that my profession means I can pretty easily find a job anywhere in NZ so I can chop and change as the need arises (for the moment at least)

Still single but not really doing anything to change that. I've made lots of kiwi friends, in fact its my expat friends that seem to have disappeared over time.

I'm pretty settled here, never say never and all that but I've no plans to return to the UK. Yep some thing here do get on my wick a bit, stupidly high prices (luckily my internet shopping skills are awesome!) terrible driving standards, rubbish shopping to name but a few but nothing that annoys me enough to make me want to return to the UK.

Lets see what the next 3 years brings...
Old Aug 19th 2013, 9:39 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 3 years update...

Wow, has it been 3 years already! It's nice to hear something positive about Auckland for a change. I think it's a great place to live, but then I don't really like small town living, here or anywhere else.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

dannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond reputedannigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Great update!
Old Aug 20th 2013, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

kazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to allkazandav is a name known to all

Great to see you've settled well! Hope it continues. We arrive in September and I'm getting a bit nervous reading all the negative posts so this is good to read.
Old Aug 20th 2013, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

jodaid is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like you are really enjoying your stay. I do like reading these threads. Even not knowing people it's great to find how they have found living there.

Originally Posted by lisamct
stupidly high prices (luckily my internet shopping skills are awesome!) terrible driving standards, rubbish shopping to name but a few but nothing that annoys me enough to make me want to return to the UK.

Lets see what the next 3 years brings...
High prices AND rubbish shopping... not the best combination. Is this in Auckland too? I figured it would be pretty good there, if anywhere (just an assumption).

Good luck with your next 3 yrs
Old Aug 20th 2013, 11:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jodaid
High prices AND rubbish shopping... not the best combination. Is this in Auckland too? I figured it would be pretty good there, if anywhere (just an assumption).
Auckland shopping is certainly better than most other places (in my opinion) but yeah, prices for most things are still way higher than you'd think and the range of products is low.
Old Aug 22nd 2013, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Nice update Lisa. Good luck in your new home. Only another 2 years till you can become a citizen.