Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor
Reload this Page >

Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Old Sep 24th 2014, 9:01 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice on International Schools near Nusajaya

Hi there and welcome to the forum

I am sure you will get some help from others around Nusajaya about schools in this topic.

May I suggest that you have a good browse through the Nusajaya section as there are quite a few topics that you may be interested in.

Re the commute, you can try this topic (it's a bit long I'm afraid) and maybe add to that:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/nusaj...border-814953/
Old Nov 15th 2014, 3:54 am
Just Joined

bcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud ofbcml has much to be proud of

hi britdocmum,

welcome to the forum!

well, my 1st grader is currently in Fairview since august 2014. he seems happy and the teachers are great. no complaints so far. currently the primary years students are still housed in the existing campus whilst the middle years have gone on to the new campus. they will only move to the new campus next academic year.

yes, fairview is more affordable as compared to MMC, which is not in our budget. we chose the school because it is an IB school and the proximity to our home. my hubby commutes daily to sg as well, using the 2nd link and so far traffic has reduced considerably due to the increase in toll prices.

i also like that school ends at 1:20pm leaving time for a short power nap and other activities.
Old Nov 24th 2014, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britdocmum
Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum.
I can see that several people have already undertaken the move we are currently considering.
I was wondering how people are getting on with their new lives in the Nusajaya area?
We are British but currently living near Miami.
We have 3 kids (3,7,9) For the eldest two; I am looking at Fairview (or possibly Marlborough if we can cobble together the set up fees and they have places) Does anyone have an opinion of these schools now that you have been using them for a while? I'm thinking that Fairview is so much cheaper a lot of it's deficiencies could be made up for with extracurricular activities, tutors etc if need be. Is this assumption correct?My main priority is that they're in a happy, supported environment where they are adequately challenged.
How are people finding the commute to Singapore across the 2nd causeway? My husband will be commuting most days. Not sure how yet!
I've been a SAHM for a couple of years but I'm a Junior Doctor and have no clue yet which side of the border i will be working on when i start back at work.
Apologies if i am asking things that other people have asked before but we are making major decisions based on these details and i want to make sure the information is up to ate and accurate.
Many Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Hi BDM

Our kids go to MCM and we're really happy with the school, but it is expensive, but not as expensive as the "Mother" in Wiltshire! No idea about Fairview.

I commute to S'pore and it can be awful... you have to get the timing right, but some days jams appear for no good reason.Be prepared to get stuck in traffic for a couple of hours a day. The S'poreans are very efficient at the airport, but absolutely clueless at the land borders.

If your husband has a 9-5 job, with no flexibility, I would advise going to S'pore. The land crossing does not work efficiently enough to allow daily commuting to meet fixed times. It's a shambles.

Good luck with your move. GD.
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 4:07 am
Just Joined

Vickyshoban is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Fellow buddies,

I'm planning to enrol my 3-4yrs old kid in Tenby Int school, Johor next year. I understand that they do have an assesment test. Do any parent know what the test/assessment comprise of?
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 9:34 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Just to say....... Welcome to the forum
Old Aug 5th 2015, 10:59 am
BE Forum Addict

geedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond reputegeedee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vickyshoban
Hi Fellow buddies,

I'm planning to enrol my 3-4yrs old kid in Tenby Int school, Johor next year. I understand that they do have an assesment test. Do any parent know what the test/assessment comprise of?
Hi Vicky,

There's a bit about the assessments here, but not much. Welcome to the forum.

Tenby Schools Malaysia