Gelang Patah restaurant

Old Oct 6th 2012, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Gelang Patah restaurant

Any of you guys tried this restaurant???
Tian Lai Seafood Garden
158, Jln Leong Bee, Gelang Patah, 81550 Johor Bahru

We're going to have a drive around Nusajaya next week and want somewhere to have lunch and maybe an evening meal.

Any suggestions?
Old Oct 7th 2012, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Bocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond reputeBocat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gelang Patah restaurant

I'm not a huge seafood fan so haven't been here but it seems to get good reviews.

There's another restaurant commonly known as Stilts (not it's real name and I don't know the real name!) It's kind of hard to explain how to get there though.

You would turn left out of Leisure Farm and keep driving (passing the crossroads where you'd turn to get to the border control). You'll eventually see a faded out signboard on the right hand side for the restaurant. You turn down this road (it's very narrow) and you'll eventually come to two restaurants out on the water (hence the Stilts name). We went to the second restaurant as you drive in. The food was lovely (lots of sea food but lots of other stuff too). Very cheap too. But very basic restaurant - don't expect fancy tablecloths!

Enjoy your visit to the area.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 2:48 am
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Bocat.
I can't find a map on the internet which shows Leisure Farm. Any ideas?
I've got a Map Book in the car but it's also a few years old and probably doesn't have enough up to date info on it.

There're quite a few sea food restaurants along that stretch of coast.
We've seen 2 or 3 but only ate in the one at the end of road J4 which loops back past Perlapas Port and under the 2nd link road. I wonder if that's the one you are reffering to?????
Won't say the food was great then, maybe 3 or 4 years ago but worth a drive on a Sunday afternoon if you're stuck for something to do.

Malaysian sea food isn't as nice as Singapore seafood especially if it's a Malay restaurant. Same ingredients but the end result is so different.
Old Oct 7th 2012, 9:51 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ex reg

Malaysian sea food isn't as nice as Singapore seafood
Gosh.... must segregate the little prawns and sotong somewhere across the causeway I guess