How is life in Nusajaya?

Old Oct 21st 2012, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Singmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond repute
Default How is life in Nusajaya?

Hi. We are a family of Expats in Singapore interested to make the move to Nusajaya, particularly in Ledang Heights or Leisure Farm as we want to build our own bungalow. We recently visited Ledang Heights to see some land and really liked it. Now the question is how the life is really like there. Those of you who made the move and actually live there, I would appreciate insider's view of life in Nusajaya!

1. What are the pros and cons of living there in your own experience? Do pros exceed cons?
2. How is Ledang Heights different from Leisure Farm? my impression is Leisure Farm has more residents and community is bigger. Ledang Heights seemed a little empty at the moment , but it may be picking up?
3. If anyone is sending children to Marlborough College, I'd be interested to know what the school is like. (e.g. atmosphere, curriculum, faculties etc...) My kids are 3 & 5 and going to American school in Singapore.
4. How is the safety in general in LH or LF?
5. How is the commute to Singapore CBD? I'm especially interested to know the evening traffic situation.
6. Development in Nusajaya: I know it's picking up with Legoland and Puteri Harbor but felt that there should be more retail, big shopping malls etc. Is this in plan?
7. How is the internet speed? Is there a fiber optic cable?

Any insights or opinions would be most appreciated! Thank you!

Last edited by Singmom; Oct 21st 2012 at 4:38 am.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 4:31 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How is life in Nusajaya?

Hi Singmom. There are a ton of threads about Nusajaya on the Malaysia forum and the Singapore forum on here. I presume you have browsed through them? if not, take a look through. Ledang Heights and Leisure Farm comes up a lot in the threads. Happy planning
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 9:10 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katfish
posts for approval.
Err....come again?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Singmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond reputeSingmom has a reputation beyond repute

Hi bakedbean. I have looked and found other threads on Nusajaya. Indeed there are tons of it and they were helpful. Thank you for your suggestions.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 9:31 am
Just Joined

katfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Err....come again?
Hi Bakedbean. I was trying to post some useful link to Singmom but failed. All failed except that 'post for approval'. Haha!

Hi Singmom, you could try <snip> forum. There's lots of information about LF and EL. Happy browsing!

By the way, my husband and I just confirmed an unit in Nusajaya. Hope to move in soon! I'm Johorean, he is British.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:00 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by katfish
Hi Bakedbean. I was trying to post some useful link to Singmom but failed. All failed except that 'post for approval'. Haha!

Hi Singmom, you could try <snip> forum. There's lots of information about LF and EL. Happy browsing!

By the way, my husband and I just confirmed an unit in Nusajaya. Hope to move in soon! I'm Johorean, he is British.
Your posts where automatically placed in a moderation queue because they had a link in them. Eg if a new member's first post contains a link it's 99% spam. I'm not saying that was your intention, but hope you can understand we have no way of knowing if you are connected with the link you posted.

As such I've removed the reference to said site from your post above. It's not good netiquette to join a forum and in your first post direct one of our members to another forum

Anyway welcome to BE and if you have useful info that doesn't contain a link for the time being please feel free to share it
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sue
Your posts where automatically placed in a moderation queue because they had a link in them. Eg if a new member's first post contains a link it's 99% spam. I'm not saying that was your intention, but hope you can understand we have no way of knowing if you are connected with the link you posted.

As such I've removed the reference to said site from your post above. It's not good netiquette to join a forum and in your first post direct one of our members to another forum

Anyway welcome to BE and if you have useful info that doesn't contain a link for the time being please feel free to share it
My apologize Sue. thanks for allowing my posts.
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Katfish, thank you for the info for Sammyboy. I went and looked, and there were tons of information!

Sorry, I should have done my search first before posting a thread here...

But thank you again!
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Singmom
Hi Katfish, thank you for the info for Sammyboy. I went and looked, and there were tons of information!

But thank you again!
You're most welcome. Glad it helps. take care!
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 2:05 pm

But thank you again!
So what have you learnt? Do tell and help other folks on here won't you?
Old Oct 22nd 2012, 3:28 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

But thank you again!
Not at all, that's what this forum was created for. I hope you aren't disappearing on us
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 12:47 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Sue!

Hi bakedbean.

Based on reading threads I learned the following...

Leisure Farm seems to be bit further to highway and shopping, and you need to drive through country roads which could be a bit scary at night, but apparently they are building new road that connects to highway and this is in progress. Upon completion, access to Leisure Farm may get much better.

Commute to CBD in the morning via second link could be between 45 minutes to 1 hour dending on the day and traffic. This is doable as it usually takes 35-40 minutes door to door to commute to CBD from where we live. I couldn't really find out the evening traffic situation. I'm a working mom, so coming home early enough to spend time with family is important. I wonder if we can get home within an hour or less if leave CBD around 6 pm. Ideally I want to be home by 7pm at the latest, but if it's more like 8pm or later everyday, then we need to think carefully if it's worth the move...

Safety in Leisure Farm and Ledang Heights seem to be very good. LF has double gated security and LH has infrared sensor of some kind installed in the wall surrounding the community as well as surveillance camera every 50 meters. While Nusajaya has gated community as such and it is much safer, crime is still an issue in greater Johor Bharu and being vigilant is always important.

I couldn't find much information on broadband situation. I guess fiber optic is not in service at the moment? Anyone knows about this?

When we visited LH, sales lady in UEM said currenly 60plots out of 500 are occupied, half of the residents are Malaysians while the other half are foreigners, including Singaporeans. Most of the plots there are sold except five by the highway so you would need to find resellers, but plenty are still available, quite a few bungalows under construction.

Marlborough College has about 300 students enrolled upon opening. There is also Raffles American School, another boarding and day school with capacity or 1400 students set to open fully in 2014. The school is backed by Raffles Instituion in Singapore, and follows American curriculum.

That's all I found at the moment but plenty of information....!

If anyone has anything to add or comment, it is most welcomed!

Thanks!
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 2:55 am

Singmom. That's great info. There's obviously loads of folks looking to move to Nusajaya, so that's a big help.
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

Froggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond reputeFroggybarnacle2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Singmom!

Great you are thinking of moving to Nusajaya!
Check out "Moving to Nusajaya" started by Menish, on the 1st page (you may have seen it by now), and "We've Finally Made The Move," by Bocat, is on the 5th page.

After reading your concern about trying to leave Sgp CBD at 6pm to make it home by 7pm latest, i've cut and pasted a reply from another thread called "Moving to Nusajaya." This reply is from a poster called "Nusajaya," and I quote:

"We have a new tenant at Ledang Heights who works in the CBD. It takes him usually around 30min. The longest it took him was 50min and that was due to traffic on the Singapore side. The secret is to avoid the morning (between 7 and 8.30am) and evening rush hour (6 to 8pm), but even if you get into the rush hour it is not murderous. This is true for the Second Link, not sure about the Causeway - I think it is more congested..." End of quote.

My family and I will be moving this December to a house a further 15 minutes away from Nusajaya, enroute to the JB City Centre (aka Pusat Bandaraya). Because of this decision to live a bit further from the 2nd Link, we anticipate that more often than not, the morning and evening rush hour traffic will be a bit of a crawl. Making it home from the Sgp CBD in less than 60 minutes would be awesome, and making it in 90 minutes or less including the rush hour jam at the 2nd Link, well I suppose we will just have to grin and bear it... You are right, you might want to get more input from folks who are currently living in N'jaya and doing the work in Sgp/home to Nusajaya routine. Seems a fair number of these families have just moved to Nusajaya from Sgp within the past 4-5 months due to their children attending Marlborough. Hopefully they will see your thread soon and give you some insights into the traffic situation!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi Froggybarnacle2000!

Thanks so much for your post. I guess 6-8pm is the rush hour, but great to know that it's not murderous!

That's great you're moving there soon.

Today I saw an article in Straits Times about Ascendas announcement to build Tech Park in Nusajaya.
http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...johor-20121024

Things are really kicking off there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.