Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Malaysia > Nusajaya - Iskandar - Johor
Reload this Page >

anyone live in Nusajaya/Iskandar can advise?

anyone live in Nusajaya/Iskandar can advise?

Old Nov 12th 2014, 12:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone live in Nusajaya/Iskandar can advise?

Originally Posted by bakedbean
Seem to remember reading that there was a leisurely ferry that goes from Puteri harbour to the terminal near Sentosa on Singapore. Is that correct? That sounds like an interesting journey to Singapore, then pick up a cab to Changi?
That does sound interesting BB...I'm guessing there must be an Immigration point in Sentosa?

I'm googling right now but appreciate if anyone else has more info please.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 12:47 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it's actually across the way from Sentosa Island. Harbour Front I think. Those in Singapore will know more. Must be Immigration, as there are ferries that go out from Harbour Front to Indonesian islands...Batam I think. Probably other places too.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Davita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond reputeDavita has a reputation beyond repute

I googled and found it was supposed to be....but nothing that it has happened. Same as all the pics of Puteri...looks absolutely terrific but.... 'I'm not expecting a rose garden'
Old Nov 12th 2014, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

ex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond reputeex reg has a reputation beyond repute

When I worked in the shipyards here the MD of Gul said he'd arrange a fast boat to take us from Gul in the west if Singapore to the Sisters Island just south of Sentosa.
Drop us off and pick us up two days later, so we could 'get back to nature'.
We bought all this food and cold boxes and beer and fishing rods etc.

We waited on the jetty at Gul from 8-30 in the morning when we were supposed to be picked up until noon, it was a long weekend and no one in the offices to check on the arrival of what we thought would be some glamerous super duper fast cruiser.

At last this 4 meter long hollowed out tree trunk with a small seagull outboard, 1 HP, arrived.
Not to be put off the three of us piled on board and with all our gear there was about one inch of freeboard before the sea flooded the boat.
Four hours later in the blazing sun with no sun cream we arrived at Sister Island.
We put up our tent and asked the boatman to stay for some food.
We lighted a fire and then realised we only had bacon, pork sausages, pork chops and even smoky bacon crisps and the guy was a Malay.
Luckily we had the sense to pay him S$50 to pick us up the next day instead of 2 days time.
We quickly finished all the beer, ate some awful food and then were awake for the rest of the night because of the mossies and rats scurrying all round the place.
The photos I have of the three of us show us scowling and never smiling.
We never bothered with getting back to nature again.

I hope you guys ferry trip from Puteri to Sentosa turns out better than ours.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 2:19 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: anyone live in Nusajaya/Iskandar can advise?

Originally Posted by ex reg
When I worked in the shipyards here the MD of Gul said he'd arrange a fast boat to take us from Gul in the west if Singapore to the Sisters Island just south of Sentosa.
Drop us off and pick us up two days later, so we could 'get back to nature'.
We bought all this food and cold boxes and beer and fishing rods etc.

We waited on the jetty at Gul from 8-30 in the morning when we were supposed to be picked up until noon, it was a long weekend and no one in the offices to check on the arrival of what we thought would be some glamerous super duper fast cruiser.

At last this 4 meter long hollowed out tree trunk with a small seagull outboard, 1 HP, arrived.
Not to be put off the three of us piled on board and with all our gear there was about one inch of freeboard before the sea flooded the boat.
Four hours later in the blazing sun with no sun cream we arrived at Sister Island.
We put up our tent and asked the boatman to stay for some food.
We lighted a fire and then realised we only had bacon, pork sausages, pork chops and even smoky bacon crisps and the guy was a Malay.
Luckily we had the sense to pay him S$50 to pick us up the next day instead of 2 days time.
We quickly finished all the beer, ate some awful food and then were awake for the rest of the night because of the mossies and rats scurrying all round the place.
The photos I have of the three of us show us scowling and never smiling.
We never bothered with getting back to nature again.

I hope you guys ferry trip from Puteri to Sentosa turns out better than ours.
Old Nov 12th 2014, 2:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sounds worse than the jungle survival course I endured in Johor State, when based as aircrew at RAF Changi.
I've never, ever again, wanted to 'get back to nature'.
Nature sucks the life out of homo sapiens. We are supposed to live elegantly in air-conditioned comfort...not fart around trees finding a place to poop, climbing hills and trusting an idiot senior officer who couldn't read a map....all the while looking-out for snakes.
The only good part was at the end when a 'copter air-supplied cases of Naafi Tiger Beer on a long string...we prayed, including even this atheist, the string wouldn't break.......

The whole concept belied the first principle of rescue....we should have been picked-up to the chopper and given the beer in a cold glass with a napkin and maybe some peanuts.....
Old Nov 15th 2014, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

teejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond reputeteejaydee has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone considering purchasing a property in Nusajaya/Iskandar should be careful about potential oversupply, which will undoubtedly affect prices. This week's copy of "The Edge" includes a special report on the area, comparing it to Dubai a few years ago. In that case, Dubai prices fell by around 50% (although they have recovered to some extent since). My fear for Nusajaya/Iskandar is that the supply of properties far outstrips the demand. Many of the properties are being bought by Singaporeans. They are apparently buying landed properties for their own use, and strata ones for investment (i.e. to let). But will there be a demand for so many strata properties? They are being built in vast numbers. According to the report in "The Edge", prices have already "softened", and new releases are more difficult to sell compared with earlier releases.

I would like to consider purchasing an apartment in Nusajaya/Iskandar, and will be taking note of developments with regard to prices.