Wynnum/Manly/Lota Area Good or Alright?

Old Jan 18th 2008, 6:45 pm
Banned

forkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the roughforkandknife is a jewel in the rough
Default Wynnum/Manly/Lota Area Good or Alright?

Hello Folks,

Just glancing over the map of Queensland, starting to get to grips with the sheer size of the place. At the beginning i used to think, hey Sunshine Coast just a 10 minute trip up from Brisbane, and the Gold Coast just 10 minutes down the road etc? Maybe not so local?

So, the better looking half would be working in CBD (Nursing Community), while i fish, lay on the beach and just take it easy, life is too short to over do things too early? So i need an area close to CBD, but near the beach, the ocean, a few pubs, with good transport links etc?

Was looking at the Redcliffe Peninsula, Scarborough, but if you had the choice and took into consideration what i have mentioned above, would you choose either;

Scarborough (Redcliffe Peninsula)

OR

Wynnum/Manly/Lota Area

If so any chance of citing why, also is there much rental in the Wynnum/Manly/Lota Area, i know i have looked on the net, but what is it like on the ground, what would you get for say $300.00 aweek, a two bed unit or townhouse maybe?

Cheers for any replies!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 1:28 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wynnum/Manly/Lota Area Good or Alright?

dont live there so cant give any first hand rental experience, but just wanted to say that on our last day in brisbane last june we spent the day in and around wynnum and manly, and it is a lovely place.
we parked up at a small marina at a place i think was called mangrove walk(?), then walked down the coast to manly - there is a big marina there with some lovely shops/ fishn chip shop! every half a mile there are kids play areas, and coastal walk was awesome; lovely houses and everyone seemed really friendly - chatted to some mums in a playground, couple of folks who were walking and stopped nearby us ... very nice. went for a drive around after we walked back to the car (took us just over an hour to walk wynnum-manly) and saw some nice properties ... some dodgy looking ones too on the outskirts
we would certainly consider living there