Australian State Health Information Links

Old Jun 20th 2007, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Exclamation Australian State Health Information Links

G'day Mates !
How are ya ?!?
The answer to this, and you will need to learn it as you are moving to Oz ,is "good thanks"
Last year, in response to many posts and Pms, I posted links to all the Australian nursing registration boards. Recently, reading thru posts , people seem to be asking a lot about pay and conditions etc. It is important to realise that the grades , (in Oz , "awards") and the way they are payed is different between states.Sorry for stating obvious to some.
As an RN with 13 years experience, I am payed at RN8 thereafter level in NSW.I had to prove 1982 hours for every increment and you are not awarded it automatically.
Also, unless all your experience is university based and maybe only then , you will not have any of your clinical skills or previous experience recognised.Well , you might , depending where you are and how desperate they are. Be prepared to re-sit all your clinical post grad certificates again, so you have Australian pieces of paper ,or be ready to battle for your RPL.Once you have accepted that this is the way it is , you'll be fine. (p*ssed off, angry and annoyed but fine )
Hope this helps,
All the best,
Tass.

www.health.nsw.gov.au - NSW Health .
www.health.qld.gov.au - Queensland Health .
www.health.nt.gov.au - Northern Territories
www.health.sa.gov.au - southern Australia.
www.health.wa.gov.au - western Australia.
www.dhhs.tas.gov.au - Tasmania.
www.health.vic.gov.au - Victoria.

Also , will just chuck in the government and modl list websites & registration boards again, just incase !

http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration.htm - Australian Government ImmigrationWebsite

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-in-demand.htm - Current MODL list.

http://www.anmc.org.au/ - Australian Nursing &Midwifery Council

http://www.nmb.nsw.gov.au/ - Registration board NSW.

http://www.qnc.qld.gov.au/home/index.aspx - Registration board Queensland.

http://www.nbv.org.au/ - Registration board Victoria.

http://www.nt.gov.au/health/org_supp...tml#membership - Northern Territories Registration Board.

http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/perl/nbsa?event_id=5 - Southern Australia Registration Board.

http://www.nbwa.org.au/ - Western Australia Registration Board.

http://www.nursingboardtas.org.au/ - Tasmanian Registration Board.
Old Jun 20th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Red face Re: Australian State Health Information Links

Maybe I should re-title this as pay rates and conditions ? or maybe , nobody's really that interested.......
Old Jun 20th 2007, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Carole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to all
Default Re: Australian State Health Information Links

Thanks Tass,

I have put this very useful information in my favourites, really appreciate the time & effort you have put in, to collate it all together.

Carole
Old Jun 21st 2007, 12:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Thumbs up Re: Australian State Health Information Links

Originally Posted by Carole & Keith
Thanks Tass,

I have put this very useful information in my favourites, really appreciate the time & effort you have put in, to collate it all together.

Carole
Thanks Carole !
It has made it worth while knowing someone used it. I don't feel like such a tube now.
Regards and all the best,
Tass.
Old Jun 25th 2007, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Hi Tass,
Thanks for that. Does it mean that if you start on NO1 level 1 you have to prove 1982 hours work to get up to NO1 level 2 etc ?

Sarah
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Australian State Health Information Links

Originally Posted by mooncat
Hi Tass,
Thanks for that. Does it mean that if you start on NO1 level 1 you have to prove 1982 hours work to get up to NO1 level 2 etc ?

Sarah
Hi Sarah !
I'm in Sydney.Levels work different from Queensland.In NSW , it's pretty straight forward. If you are just going in as an RN , then you are paid from RN1 thru to RN 8 thereafter.Each increment is approved after you can prove you worked 1982 hours, therefore in my case, I had been qualified for 11years so, I got RN 8 thereafter. Down side is , unless I apply for management now, I'll never go up another increment as there is no more after that. ! .Make sense ?
Here's another link for you, it's the handbook for the pay and awards system in NSW. Have fun, the interesting bits- the actual pay rates is at the very end !!!!

http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/jobs/em...ses/Nurses.pdf

All the best, Happy reading,
Tass.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mooncat
Hi Tass,

Sarah
Sorry , have just read your post again and think the answer to your question is "yes".
Tass.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:47 am
Just Joined

mpkadudes is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, does the same 'hours theory ' apply in QLD too.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 6:50 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Tass
Sorry , have just read your post again and think the answer to your question is "yes".
Tass.
just got a job in a private hospital in QLD an they said I had to prove 1000 hours per year. have they got it wrong or have i miss heard them. thanks, panicking now as have just written to my UK employer an asked them to put down in writing that i was working at least 1000 hrs per year, sh*t , might need to write to them again.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Exclamation Re: Australian State Health Information Links

Originally Posted by mpkadudes
just got a job in a private hospital in QLD an they said I had to prove 1000 hours per year. have they got it wrong or have i miss heard them. thanks, panicking now as have just written to my UK employer an asked them to put down in writing that i was working at least 1000 hrs per year, sh*t , might need to write to them again.
STOP !!!
Don't panic !!!
As I said, Queensland works differently from NSW !!!!
Either , go and ask them again or, read thru these links and see what you find ! 1000hrs might be all they want !

http://www.wageline.qld.gov.au/award...ards&_id=N0130

http://www.health.qld.gov.au/nursing/default.asp

Remember , you knew what level you'd be paid in the UK. Stand by what you deserve and fight for what you can prove. They need you desperatley, that's why we're on the MODL.

Good luck and all the best !

Tass.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 10:47 am
Just Joined

thanks, will have a read of the sites you have recommended. Got 17 yrs of experience in the UK so dont really want to start at the bottom again !!
Old Jul 4th 2007, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

Amanda Jayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Australian State Health Information Links

Tass, Thank You for posting this. I have found your links really helpful. My husband is due to qualify as a mental health nurse next month and we are looking to emigrate to WA. Amanda
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Talking Re: Australian State Health Information Links

Originally Posted by Amanda Jayne
Tass, Thank You for posting this. I have found your links really helpful. My husband is due to qualify as a mental health nurse next month and we are looking to emigrate to WA. Amanda
WELCOME TO THE MADNESS !!!!!
Good luck with the move, nursing is the same EVERYWHERE in the world, except in Oz, you get to do it in the sun !
Glad to be of help.
All the best,
Tass.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 9:29 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this Tass, very helpful indeed
Old Jul 5th 2007, 5:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Australian State Health Information Links

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Thanks for this Tass, very helpful indeed
You're welcome !
All the best,
Tass.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.