Working as a nurse on A WHV Perth - please help

Old Jul 24th 2015, 9:22 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working as a nurse on A WHV Perth - please help

Originally Posted by Nurse Becky
Thank you, I keep speaking with people who say they know what is needed and when I receive the email it is the same document just amended very slightly, a transcript of hours spent on site and off site. I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall now. And very cheeky as I don't suppose they have any obligation to be helping me really.
Our Uni charged us both (I needed transcript as well), only £35 each but seeing as we were paying then they should provide a good service!

As i've said previously we do not intend to go over until next year so less pressure here, I would say there is no harm in being cheeky and pushing for specifics though, I know AHPRA do not make it too clear what they need with regards to exact details and format etc. but if you do not get the correct thing it is just going to waste a lot of time waiting to find out!
Old Jul 25th 2015, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

ZULU2000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, I keep speaking with people who say they know what is needed and when I receive the email it is the same document just amended very slightly, a transcript of hours spent on site and off site. I feel like I am banging my head against a brick wall now. And very cheeky as I don't suppose they have any obligation to be helping me really.
Hey don't stress all they need is something similar to a module guide which explains the modules in detail Aprah will know exactly what bit of the that guide covers pharmacology so as long as uni sends that thing ohh it's called module descriptor ...
Old Jul 29th 2015, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Here is what University provided:

Placement hours:
A simple letter on university head paper listing all placements...e.g. Royal Hallamshire Hospital - Ward L2 12 weeks (medical)
At the bottom of the letter it then states 1 week was 40 hours.

Pharmocology:
A letter addressed to AHPRA, in summary it states NMC set the standards for education and they follow these standards. It then says various modules cover pharmacology, discussing various medications in relation to various conditions, as well as sessions on polypharmacy and pharmacokinetics.
It talks around during placement students are assessed on administration of these as well as knowledge of the drugs tested, along with separate drug calculation tests.
It then goes on around EU directives that all students have to meet and study of mental health and psychology. and also includes a copy of these EU directives.

Hope this helps, sorry I took so long to reply as there were other replies I had forgot I said I would give you more detail! Sorry.
Old Jul 29th 2015, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, here is the email I sent to university:

am hoping that you could help me with the missing bits, therefore could you please supply me with:

1. Evidence the qualification lead to registration as a nurse - I have a letter from SHU with my nursing PIN but it is not signed or stamped so I am not sure if this is enough evidence

2. Evidence that I completed at least 800 hours placement - I have my transcript but this is not included on it
3. Evidence that the course covered pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, medication administration and calculation, quality use of medication (definitions of these requirements: AHPRA - Server error 404: Content not found)
Old Jul 29th 2015, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Oh, here is the email I sent to university:

am hoping that you could help me with the missing bits, therefore could you please supply me with:

1. Evidence the qualification lead to registration as a nurse - I have a letter from SHU with my nursing PIN but it is not signed or stamped so I am not sure if this is enough evidence

2. Evidence that I completed at least 800 hours placement - I have my transcript but this is not included on it
3. Evidence that the course covered pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, medication administration and calculation, quality use of medication (definitions of these requirements: AHPRA - Server error 404: Content not found)
Old Jul 30th 2015, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

hie Becky for criterion 5 the university can do a print out of all hour clinical placement hours over the thre three years,this is what my uni did so a simple print out from year till my last elective and if u ask them them to sign and stamp it .I submitted tired that and they accepted well university confirmed this to Aprah.
Old Jul 31st 2015, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Nurse Becky is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your replies sorry for delay I have just finished my run of nights for the week. I have just sent yet another email to the Uni will see what they say today. This last bit has been so disheartening! Might be time to consider a short career change while I am out there if there is still no joy.
Old Aug 1st 2015, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Thank you for your replies sorry for delay I have just finished my run of nights for the week. I have just sent yet another email to the Uni will see what they say today. This last bit has been so disheartening! Might be time to consider a short career change while I am out there if there is still no joy.
Becky do not be disheartened at all am sure it will be worth it in the end.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, Ive had a week to sort through things as they have had a week off so Ive been waiting for a reply.
So I have just heard back from my University they have compiled a transcript for me that seems to be ok and also completed the accreditation form. However they have sent this straight over to AHPRA, does anyone know if this is a problem?
Old Aug 11th 2015, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Thank you, Ive had a week to sort through things as they have had a week off so Ive been waiting for a reply.
So I have just heard back from my University they have compiled a transcript for me that seems to be ok and also completed the accreditation form. However they have sent this straight over to AHPRA, does anyone know if this is a problem?
Some things should be sent directly to AHPRA from university, however my initial email just asked for the parts which come to me first so I could consolidate everything before applying. They however sent this and also said they had sent some bits to AHPRA, but did not tell me what.

So far I have had no contact from AHPRA regarding additional information so I assume they sent the correct things, as to what they sent though I do not know!
Old Aug 11th 2015, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

That is good then no news is good news!
I just worried that I was supposed to have the Pharmacology etc part notarised but they have sent it all straight over :/
Old Aug 11th 2015, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

That is good then no news is good news!
I just worried that I was supposed to have the Pharmacology etc part notarised but they have sent it all straight over :/
In theory if they can see it has come directly from university and it is an original document then it would not need to be notarised and would therefore be ok.

However I do not think they use common sense and sometimes stick to the rules exactly as written.

Sorry I can't be of more help but all I can suggest is to ask uni for a copy of what they sent?
Old Aug 11th 2015, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Ill have to hope for the best the guy has just replied that he doesn't have any additional copies so he wont be sending me any! I think they have had enough of me pestering them at this point.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

jamesch is an unknown quantity at this point

My university have sent all the stuff direct to AHPRA too. I had an initial response from AHPRA on the 2nd August but havn't heard anything since. Fingers crossed this is good or are they just waiting to receive everything then say its not ok.
Old Aug 11th 2015, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jamesch
My university have sent all the stuff direct to AHPRA too. I had an initial response from AHPRA on the 2nd August but havn't heard anything since. Fingers crossed this is good or are they just waiting to receive everything then say its not ok.
I am in the same place Jamesch, they said they have received the application and taken payment on July 30th, but I've heard nothing since.

University, Fit2Work and NMC stuff was all done end of June early July so they should have received all of this before they got the application itself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.