Where do i start

Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:27 pm
Just Joined

claypole is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Where do i start

Hi everyone am new on here and need some advice.Am thinking of upping stakes and moving to sydney with my partner and two children,currently living in the UK and have had enough.Have been qualified in adult nursing for 1 year and am currently working in cardiothoracics.Will have about £50,000 to bring with us,my partner is a qualified mechanical engineer and windscreen fitter.Do we have any chance of getting in? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as im confusing myself by trying to work the system out.
Old Jan 11th 2005, 8:50 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do i start

Originally Posted by claypole
Hi everyone am new on here and need some advice.Am thinking of upping stakes and moving to sydney with my partner and two children,currently living in the UK and have had enough.Have been qualified in adult nursing for 1 year and am currently working in cardiothoracics.Will have about £50,000 to bring with us,my partner is a qualified mechanical engineer and windscreen fitter.Do we have any chance of getting in? Any advice will be greatly appreciated as im confusing myself by trying to work the system out.
It really is pretty easy if you are under 45 (and not impossible above) to get PR in Australia.

Start here:

www.immi.gov.au

Before you get too carried away though (I note your comment about having had 'enough' in the UK) the system in Australia is not perfect,nor is the country.
Why do you think UK nurses are in such demand?

People who post on here have had mixed experiences (not all good).

Do your research carefully and don't rush into anything. Ask questions and they will be answered.

Good luck

G
Old Jan 11th 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Where do i start

Hi Claypole,
You will have a good chance like grayling said. If you are under 45 PR visa application is the best to go for.
I'm not sure though if you will have enough experience yet if you are only 1 year qualified. Check out the link grayling gave you and the ANMC ( AUSTRALIAN NURSING AND MIDWIFERY COUNCIL) for more guidance.
Good luck and all the best ,
Tass.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

don't suppose your name is anything to do with where you live is it thers's a claypole near me,
Chris
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

claypole is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Where do i start

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
don't suppose your name is anything to do with where you live is it thers's a claypole near me,
Chris
Hi chris no its not the claypole you think,claypole stems from my surname clay.Dont live that far away though Carlton in good old Nottingham
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Oh still not far from me i am down road from your namesake