How to contact DIMIA if you hear nothing?

Old Jan 17th 2005, 11:26 am
ad4ozz

Question How to contact DIMIA if you hear nothing?

Anyone know easy way to contact DIMIA if you have heard nothing at all back from them since submitting VIsa application and have no case number???

Thought I would have had something back by now neally a month after submission... .

Old Jan 17th 2005, 12:21 pm
ad4ozz

Default Re: How to contact DIMIA if you hear nothing?

Have tracked down this address and emailed it to see what happens... [email protected] ...fingers crossed.

Old Jan 17th 2005, 2:07 pm
ad4ozz

Exclamation Re: How to contact DIMIA if you hear nothing?

Very sad as i'm having this conversation with myself at the moment... .

Have had email back from Adelaide already which states they should contact me again within 5 days unless my query is covered in booklet 6. Which it is not... :scared: ...no mention there at all of them taking your dosh then never contacting you...so much for fast tracking of nurses.

So I will continue my wait and see what happens in the next 5 days.

Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:33 pm
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Very sad as i'm having this conversation with myself at the moment... .

Have had email back from Adelaide already which states they should contact me again within 5 days unless my query is covered in booklet 6. Which it is not... :scared: ...no mention there at all of them taking your dosh then never contacting you...so much for fast tracking of nurses.

So I will continue my wait and see what happens in the next 5 days.
Patience is required I think. We sent our app in October and the cash was taken on the 19th Oct. We got a acknowledgement letter on the 5th of Decemebt with a receipt and case number. They aren't fast that's for sure. Had no word since then but I emailed them last week and the C/O replied back saying "all requirements have been met, visas will be granted within a month or to" and that was all. So I'm assuming the visa's are just going through a final finalising sausage machine and they'll turn up Februarish.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 3:55 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Anyone know easy way to contact DIMIA if you have heard nothing at all back from them since submitting VIsa application and have no case number???

Thought I would have had something back by now neally a month after submission... .
The Chrstmas and New Year period is not a good time as it is the main Summer holiday period in much of Australia.

Wait a while

G
Old Jan 17th 2005, 4:44 pm
ad4ozz

45 days ish Mongrol 'my g*d' i'll be to take away by then...we still need our medicals... :scared: .

Never mind there holidays Grayling i've had mine and back at work xmas is over and that's official.

Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:16 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel for you Ann but don't think you have waited too long yet. They should improve that system though and at the very least give you a reciept for the money they have withdrawn. Maybe this would slow everything down though - they might process visa faster if they don't waste time sending letters out . Be patient and it will happen for you.

How many points do you reckon you have as primary applicant - are you above the 120 pass mark?
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

txmogga is an unknown quantity at this point

ad4ozz,
Here's hoping you hear something very soon!

Speaking of waiting, the fastest I have heard is 28 days for a nurse (midwife) to get PR visa. Has anyone else heard of any faster than that?
txmogga
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Night Nurse
They are definitley NOT fast and our agent said not to nag them too much as, allegedly, applications have been known to slip down the pile. Our application was received on 22 Jun and the money taken out only a few days later. It was September before they acknowledged receipt of the application and then October before they requested medicals.

The waiting is horrible. I wish I could invent a pill that cures the anxiety while someone sifts through what, for us, is a life-changing move. Our friends say get used to it 'cos it happens a lot in Oz. Government and fast are not synonymous
7 months was a long time to wait NN - do you have any idea why you would of been different to anyone else? Is age a factor or your hubbies occupation?
Just wondering why some are so quick. The 28 day application MUST of frontloaded meds and police checks - no way they could of got it any other way so fast.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 5:56 pm
Forum Regular

I was wondering the same thing too....was there anything at all that could have slowed it down? Maybe something that required further investigation?

I've noticed those of you in the UK are saying the drs won't give you the medicals so you can't frontload them anymore. I am still optimistic that I could do that from USA though...if frontloading is still legal after the next set of rule changes. Maybe there is a chance I could meet or beat the 28 day record then?
txmogga
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by txmogga
I was wondering the same thing too....was there anything at all that could have slowed it down? Maybe something that required further investigation?

I've noticed those of you in the UK are saying the drs won't give you the medicals so you can't frontload them anymore. I am still optimistic that I could do that from USA though...if frontloading is still legal after the next set of rule changes. Maybe there is a chance I could meet or beat the 28 day record then?
txmogga
When do the new set of rule changes come out?

Nothing to stop frontloading as far as i'm aware, just no case no to match medicals up with - Somebody else suggested that DIMIA can match medicals up with your passport no.

Can anyone clarify - does it say anywhere that frontloading is prohibited??? Ie. on DIMIA site or anything?
I would be very interested to know because NN is scaring the hell out of me and I am almost back to frontloading meds now!!!
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

As far as I know, frontloading is allowed. As long as it is allowed, and keeping the expiration dates in mind as well, I think for nurses (that should go through faster) it is a good idea to do it if you can.
I just meant that I had seen a few recent comments that the UK drs wouldn't hand over the sealed envelopes anymore, saying they had to post them directly.
I think "the rules" change at least a couple times a year, for example, the changes in July affected a lot of people. I vaguely recall reading that the rules also changed in March maybe??? and that affected a lot of people too, I think it was due to points. I guess the best bet is to check the DIMIA website frequently to keep abreast of current rules.
txmogga
Old Jan 17th 2005, 6:56 pm
Not two zombies

Mongrol will become famous soon enough

Aaahhhh, I don't want to scare anyone, especially not Lynn

I think it took longer because of the extra report. DIMIA got our medicals back around about the 20th Nov. If you take out their Xmas hols then it's taken them 2 weeks from receiving the extra report. Now, if you transfer that to the original medicals then we would probably have heard at the beginning of December had the extra report not been required. That would have been a little over 5 months!!!

As I've said previously, my friend who is a nurse took 6 weeks from DIMIA receiving the application to them getting the letter :scared:

Love from the UNscary NN
I think those nurses who have really quick turnarounds are ones who are sole applicants. I'm on my girlfriends app as a spouse so they have to verify this half polish half scottish bloke who's dad has a weird name. Forgot to mention we frontloaded too and the acknowledgement letter said the medicals had been received and forwarded onto the appropriate office for processing.
Old Jan 17th 2005, 10:02 pm
ad4ozz

Smile Re: How to contact DIMIA if you hear nothing?

I'm on a roll....the email worked. I have a case number at last and just need to await further info from them.... . My case has not been assessed yet though... . But at least one more small step.

Old Jan 18th 2005, 11:07 am

Aaahhhh, I don't want to scare anyone, especially not Lynn

I think it took longer because of the extra report. DIMIA got our medicals back around about the 20th Nov. If you take out their Xmas hols then it's taken them 2 weeks from receiving the extra report. Now, if you transfer that to the original medicals then we would probably have heard at the beginning of December had the extra report not been required. That would have been a little over 5 months!!!

As I've said previously, my friend who is a nurse took 6 weeks from DIMIA receiving the application to them getting the letter :scared:

Love from the UNscary NN
Ok I suppose you are not too scary !!!
Think I will def frontload, its a shame if meds have to be sent directly by doc now but will just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best that they all get joined up!
5-7 months isn't too long to wait - i'm not wanting to go until November anyhow. I think it will just be the waiting game that will kill me the most.

Ann - thats good you have a case no, now get those meds in quick.
I hope you move into the 'oh I suppose we will start processing this bundle' pile

Lynn x