What is "Verification?"

Old Feb 13th 2007, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Rose12 is on a distinguished road
Default What is "Verification?"

Hi everyone,

I have a sister in Brazil who is a nurse and she and her hubby are planning to come to Australia. They both are highly experienced nurses (more than 10 years of experience) and they are at the beggining of the process for recognizing their profession. I was looking at the forms to assess the skills and they ask for a Verification. What is that? Where do we get this from?
thanks for any information.

cheers
rose
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What is "Verification?"

[QUOTE=Rose12;4395719]Hi everyone,

I have a sister in Brazil who is a nurse and she and her hubby are planning to come to Australia. They both are highly experienced nurses (more than 10 years of experience) and they are at the beggining of the process for recognizing their profession. I was looking at the forms to assess the skills and they ask for a Verification. What is that? Where do we get this from?
thanks for any information.

cheers
rose[/QUOTE
Get in touch with the NMC and they will send verification direct to the ANMC for you. They will also sent a verification to your nursing board of choice in Australia. Its up to 5 places they will sent it for one fee, from what I remember it's about £34. Have a look on the NMC website, I seem to remember that there is something on there explaining it all. good luck
Tracie
Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

SOrry if I seem stupid, it is just that I have no idea how it works. I still dont get what is the verification. She is a nurse in Brazil, she is registered there. She has no papers or anything here in Aus and still needs to recognize her profession.

Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rose12
SOrry if I seem stupid, it is just that I have no idea how it works. I still dont get what is the verification. She is a nurse in Brazil, she is registered there. She has no papers or anything here in Aus and still needs to recognize her profession.

Thanks
do they have some sort of registration in Brazil from when they did their nurse training? they may have some way of verifying their registration
Old Feb 13th 2007, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Hi Silver,
yes, they are registered at some sort of Federal body of the nurses (something like that) - it is an instituition which regulates the profession there.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rose12
Hi Silver,
yes, they are registered at some sort of Federal body of the nurses (something like that) - it is an instituition which regulates the profession there.
they have to send the verification. that is what happens in the uk