medicals

Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

blackdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default medicals

Hi

With regard to the medicals and blood tests for a permanent res visa....

My wife is a nurse and the medical form 26 asks for hepatitis blood tests to be undertaken for 'temporary entrants' (intending to work as nurses)... so can she pass on this one - we've have been quoted £50 for hep b&c, £20 for a blood test.

I've got a tattoo so do I come under 'persons with clinical indications' and need hep b&c?

Dr is quite happy to have the £100 but as it's costing in the region of £950 in total I'd really appreciate your views.

Many thanks. Steve
Old Feb 12th 2007, 1:40 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: medicals

Originally Posted by blackdog
Hi

With regard to the medicals and blood tests for a permanent res visa....

My wife is a nurse and the medical form 26 asks for hepatitis blood tests to be undertaken for 'temporary entrants' (intending to work as nurses)... so can she pass on this one - we've have been quoted £50 for hep b&c, £20 for a blood test.

I've got a tattoo so do I come under 'persons with clinical indications' and need hep b&c?

Dr is quite happy to have the £100 but as it's costing in the region of £950 in total I'd really appreciate your views.

Many thanks. Steve
Your wife will need hep b and c blood tests as she is a nurse and you will need them as you have tatoos. Is the £950 just for the cost of your medicals? if so that is very expensive, how many of you having medicals?

jackie
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

That's the bit I can't understand...
She's applied for a permanent visa...
and they're asking for hepatitis blood tests for 'temporary entrants'?

I was thinking she could have them done when starting work but guess they may be the same if not more expensive in Australia.

£950 is for two adults/5children.... £95 xfour over 11 yrs, £55 x three under, £55 for four x-rays, £20 for three bloods and £100 for hep.
Oh, and £40 courier just so they can make a bit of profit on that too!

Nevermind!
cheers jackie.

steve.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Or we can save £60 if we go to Clarendon Surgery in Salford rather than Manchester Medical Examination Centre?... total £884

What do you reckon?... not heard much about Clarendon.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 3:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

if in the UK your wife should be able to have the test done for free as it is occupational, Even can get it done by OH and they will also be able to give her the results.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

Never thought of that...!! I'll ask her when I get home.(We're in Manchester)

Wonder if they'll do some x-rays too?

Cheers.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Never thought of that...!! I'll ask her when I get home.(We're in Manchester)

Wonder if they'll do some x-rays too?

Cheers.
Doubt it, but no harm in asking, you may even be able to get your GP to do your blood test. I worked in GP and remember giving hep B for a family emigrating to NZ and their injections was free

Last edited by Silverdragon102; Feb 12th 2007 at 6:31 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 12th 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

just re read original post didn't think there was injections for Hep C
Old Feb 12th 2007, 7:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Nurses applying for PR will have to have a Hepatitis test as part of the medical.

G
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Yeah, I also enquired about needing them, as I had already a set of test results from work (nurse), but alas, they said no, so I paid to have them done again.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:20 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Or we can save £60 if we go to Clarendon Surgery in Salford rather than Manchester Medical Examination Centre?... total £884

Where is the Manchester Medical Examination Centre? is that the one just off Deansgate?

We went to this one and saw Dr Brendan Smith meds and xrays done is same place.

jackie x
Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

We had ours done there no problems. They dont do the xrays though so you have to go to St Johns for them and then the send them to Clarendon Surgery. We saved £80 doing it this way.
Tracie
Old Feb 13th 2007, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

....Think we've just about got over the shock of forking out £950 - thanks for clarifying a couple of things...

have decided on M/cr Medical Centre off Deansgate, most xpensive but xrays done in the same building and an appt is available soon.
We'll park at Gmex and go for our lunch at the dutch pancake house to placate the two teenagers.

Salford was £60 cheaper & xrays now done just up the road at oaklands hospital... but unfortnatly no appts for several weeks -

huddrsfield was £90 cheaper but then we'd have 3 hour drive there & back.

Cheers