what happens when you move to australia?

Old Jan 23rd 2007, 10:21 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default what happens when you move to australia?

my S-I-L is an Sister (S grade) in the UK. would she needs to re-train if she came to oz, and would she have to go back to the basic nurse grade and start at the bottom again?
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:37 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what happens when you move to australia?

I shouldnt think so SB They have two levels RN level one and RN level 2. Your sister would be a level 2 due to her role and experience.
I could be wrong but I think she would just apply for the equivelent position in Oz as she had back in the UK. Thats what I am doing anyway, although we are all now on the same banding in community so pay is rubbish at the moment in the UK for community nurses and no incentive to progress or move up the ladder for us.
I am hoping that the skills I have here are transferable, although I know I will have to have competences assessed during my first few weeks. Its the same here if you move from trust to trust regardless of the skills you have gained you have to prove you can do them again somewhere else. Which says nothing for the NMC guidelines (scope of practice and the like) we all work to to substanciate fitness to practice and autonomy and competencies! If we are competent in one place surely it should transfer skills learned otherwise whats the point in being an autonomous practitioner??
Sorry gone off on a tangent your sis will be fine