We have our visa!!!

Old Apr 1st 2005, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough
Default Re: We have our visa!!!

congratulations,

have been away for a few days just catching up with all the news, am still waiting for my visa 9 weeks now!!

good luck Jackie
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 3:47 am
ad4ozz

Think meds went to Sydney as well...we thought Adelaide but he said form said Sydney so that was where they had to go....obviously worked where ever they went.

Your Doc sounded a nugget...hope the frank exchange was firmly frank...prat.

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:22 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jacs
congratulations,

have been away for a few days just catching up with all the news, am still waiting for my visa 9 weeks now!!

good luck Jackie
Hi Jackie - i'm 9 weeks on Thursday too - can't remember have you already sent your meds etc frontloaded? Is it a 136 visa you have applied for?

Its Brisbane you are aiming to go to isn't it?

Good luck and I will look out for your 'got it' post!!!!!

Lynn
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

Jacs will become famous soon enoughJacs will become famous soon enough

Hi lyn

no didnt front load, meds sent 2nd feb following request xmas time, thats why Im getting a little jarred off to put it politely and with having no viewings too the alcohol intake has increased and grey hair is getting more

good luck with yours too Jackie

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
Hi Jackie - i'm 9 weeks on Thursday too - can't remember have you already sent your meds etc frontloaded? Is it a 136 visa you have applied for?

Its Brisbane you are aiming to go to isn't it?

Good luck and I will look out for your 'got it' post!!!!!

Lynn
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 9:35 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jacs
Hi lyn

no didnt front load, meds sent 2nd feb following request xmas time, thats why Im getting a little jarred off to put it politely and with having no viewings too the alcohol intake has increased and grey hair is getting more

good luck with yours too Jackie
aaaaahhh sorry I misunderstood - you mean its 9 weeks since medicals were submitted! Have you checked that meds def arrived safely - did you use a courier?

Seems a long time to wait since meds put in? I would politely e-mail your case officer to ask if meds have been recieved. My meds ae only getting posted today due to Dr's complete ignorance and incompetancy.....but thats another story - I have not had an official request but didn't expect one as had put letter in with visa application explaning that meds would be following within 2 weeks of visa application - that was 2 months ago!!!!!!! so not sure they would request my meds if they think i'm sending them anyway!

Good luck Jackie
Lynn
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 10:20 pm
ad4ozz

We now also have our holiday booked...another £2,100 gone.... ...will we have any dosh when we get to Bris...well at least we get to go scouting around.

Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Ann

Can you direct me to your thread explaining what the docs did at the medical, and the cost.

Where are you going on hols?

Paul
Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:25 pm
ad4ozz

Oz of course for hols...just finding thread.

Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:34 pm
ad4ozz

Think it is this thread you are after Paul. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=medicals

Old Apr 5th 2005, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Oz of course for hols...just finding thread.
Why are you going for a holiday when you have just got PR? Seems costly.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

numbers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
We have our visa.....yipee....I think.........still in shock!!!

Have to enter oz by November 2005 then apparantly I can have unlimited travel to and from Australia until March 2010.

Also passports only need to go to London not Oz for visa to be put in.

Oh my G*d! I need a large or more .
Hi, Congrats from Claire and Tony (still early in our process), posts like yours keeps us positive
Old Apr 6th 2005, 4:29 pm
ad4ozz

Going on holiday as we have to have it stamped by the 21st Nov and seen as house isn't on market yet it makes sure it is stamped if house not sold and allows us to do recky of Brisbane to Cairns area before we book container.

Then we may know where we are heading otherwise will just stick pin in map.... .

But you are right lots more money down drain....but once in Oz real life will kick in and this will be holiday.

Old Apr 6th 2005, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

PianoJB is on a distinguished road

Just to add congrats and hopefully give inspiration to others.

I didn't discover this site until well into our application and have lurked since in the nursing section as we applied using that category!

Anyway, we applied for a visa on 15 Nov 2004. We're a couple, and although we could have got more points (individually - wife is nurse, I'm accountant) than the necessary 120, we just filled it in using my wife's details as opposed to putting my "points" details as well - the idea being that the less points you apply for, the less things there are to check and the less things can go wrong. Didn't use an agent as we thought we'd do it ourselves.

Sent our meds off around 11th Feb ( you never know when the doctor sends it as Lynn's found out). I emailed our CO on Sunday night, just to check that they had everything.

Opened our inbox this morning, and not only did he reply he also emailed a copy of the letter he'd done today granting us the visa - so we're happy! Just need to sell the house now and we're Perth-bound - must go update timeline.....

Jon
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:24 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by PianoJB
Just to add congrats and hopefully give inspiration to others.

I didn't discover this site until well into our application and have lurked since in the nursing section as we applied using that category!

Anyway, we applied for a visa on 15 Nov 2004. We're a couple, and although we could have got more points (individually - wife is nurse, I'm accountant) than the necessary 120, we just filled it in using my wife's details as opposed to putting my "points" details as well - the idea being that the less points you apply for, the less things there are to check and the less things can go wrong. Didn't use an agent as we thought we'd do it ourselves.

Sent our meds off around 11th Feb ( you never know when the doctor sends it as Lynn's found out). I emailed our CO on Sunday night, just to check that they had everything.

Opened our inbox this morning, and not only did he reply he also emailed a copy of the letter he'd done today granting us the visa - so we're happy! Just need to sell the house now and we're Perth-bound - must go update timeline.....

Jon
Welcome to the forum Jon congratulations on getting your visas, they came through very quickly, how long did the AMNC take in assessing your wife's skills?
Mandi
Old Apr 7th 2005, 12:14 pm
ad4ozz

Well done Jon....ANMC only took a month to do mine Mandy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.