British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   We have our visa!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/we-have-our-visa-293266/)

ad4ozz Mar 30th 2005 12:04 pm

We have our visa!!!

We have our visa.....yipee....I think.........still in shock!!!

Have to enter oz by November 2005 then apparantly I can have unlimited travel to and from Australia until March 2010.

Also passports only need to go to London not Oz for visa to be put in.

Oh my G*d! I need a large :beer: or more :beer: :beer: :beer: .

CasG Mar 30th 2005 12:12 pm

Re: We have our visa!!!

Originally Posted by ad4ozz

Have to enter oz by November 2005 then apparantly I can have unlimited travel to and from Australia until March 2010.

Excellant :D

Have a great time celebrating :beer:

Where are you heading and when?

Cas x

ad4ozz Mar 30th 2005 12:27 pm

Cheers Caroline...Brisbane hopefully and looks like we are having summer holiday in oz as haven't got the house up yet.

Could be end of this year as want to get son settled in school as he is only 10 and they run Jan to Jan don't they? Unlike our September intakes.

Chris Mitchell Mar 30th 2005 12:30 pm

Congratulations, thats brill news

Chris

CasG Mar 30th 2005 12:32 pm

Cheers Caroline...Brisbane hopefully and looks like we are having summer holiday in oz as haven't got the house up yet.

Could be end of this year as want to get son settled in school as he is only 10 and they run Jan to Jan don't they? Unlike our September intakes.

Think so, but don't take my word for it as have no school-age kids.

Grant seemed damn quick from meds :)

Least you have plenty of time to get house sold etc.

Have you updated timeline?

Caroline

ad4ozz Mar 30th 2005 1:22 pm

Going to update timeline just needed to update my head first... :) .

Expected it to be next month or month after not this month... :scared: :scared: :scared: .

May have sunk in by end of the week...at least now my husband will finish all the jobs in the house that have needed doing for the last eight years... :D .

harveyhare Mar 30th 2005 3:00 pm

CONGRATULATIONS

Have a few :beer: to celebrate.

no longer excited, just panic stricken.

Di

Muiry Mar 30th 2005 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by harveyhare
CONGRATULATIONS

Have a few :beer: to celebrate.

no longer excited, just panic stricken.

Di

Congrats, we're about a week behind you and I've just had a heart attack! -Did they advise through e-mail? I'm not sure whether to check post or e-mail, so doing both and I'm going mad waiting! Big well done and enjoy the moment! :D

G&P Mar 30th 2005 3:06 pm

That is absolutely brilliant, congratulations to you and your family, your new life starts here and grab it with both hands. You are so lucky to be out of the waiting game, the waiting is still killing most of us!

best wishes for everything, I hope it is everything you wish for!
Regards
Gill

lynnlovessun Mar 30th 2005 4:48 pm

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! SO BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!

Just read your got it post tonight, thats great news - are you celebrating tonight?????????? Thats a short validation date, I presume its 1 year from when the police checks were submitted then?

So pleased for you - I reckon I will be another 2 months going by your timeline as my visa went in 2nd February - and meds are getting sent Sat - long story see other thread :(
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...75#post2198175

Lynn :beer: :D

primrose Mar 30th 2005 6:45 pm

Fantastic News

It's a great feeling isn't it?

:beer: :beer: :beer:

purple rain Mar 30th 2005 7:39 pm

yep school year is Jan to Jan, apparently school kids have their long summer holiday in our winter..december time...then the new year starts
Congratulations...enjoy your new life

jimtrish Mar 30th 2005 8:37 pm

congratulations to you, have fun celebrating and planning your new life :)
Trish

ad4ozz Mar 30th 2005 10:09 pm

Yes it was a totallllllly unexpected email, no yellow envelope says email is all the proof you need to go for visa evidence in passports.

Shocked myself I must admit.

Date of entry is one year from police checks as we had them just over 3 months before medicals.

Thank you for all your congrat's will not be long for the rest of you i'd take 1 -2 months off your expected visa dates at this rate.....ooohhhh Lynn get that house on the market....and Di may see you soon.

ad4ozz Mar 30th 2005 10:11 pm

Liked the chinese joke Di... :beer: :beer: :beer: .