Visa and ASCO codes

Old Feb 5th 2007, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

nirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nice
Smile Visa and ASCO codes

Dear All,

Hope this finds everyone well.

Needing some advice, if anyone can help.

I recently applied for a full skills assessment for my Paediatric qualification under the 2323-11 ASCO registered nurse code at the ANMC.
However i was briefly contacted and informed that this is a Registered General Nurse code and i couldn't apply under this. Which i must admit has Knocked the wind out of me a bit.

I then read that you can register under the Nurses Board of Victoria as a Paediatric Nurse seperate from the General Nurse Part of their role.Which would allow me to register as a Division One Nurse paediatric (if i am reading the information correctly). If this is correct then does anyone Know if i get registered first with the NBV as a division One Nurse, can i then apply under the Registered Nurse 2323-11 ASCO code for a modified assessment???

I do have my other qualification i can apply under Registered nurse mental handicap ( they have this as Developmental Disability Nurse in Australia ) however this is on the SOL AND ENSOL list but not the MODL.I can reach 110 points or 115 points (if i use the capital for a new house to invest the $100,000 for a year in Aus). but i just cannot see how i can get another 5 or 10 points???? without being on the MODL list??

Anyone got any suggestions??? as i am going crazy trying to think of other things i can do. I will also post this on the visa forum to see if anyone there Knows.

Regards and thanks,

nirrade
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:46 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa and ASCO codes

Don't think I can be of much help only to say that I imagine applying under the develpomental disability will be difficult if you've been working in a peadiatric role as you would need 12 out of the last 18 months work experience in the ASCO code for which your applying.
Sorry not much help, no doubt others will be along with more knowledge than me, you could always contact hospitals and try and get an ENS PR visa...just a thought
Good luck
Old Feb 5th 2007, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

nirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nice
Smile Re: Visa and ASCO codes

Thank you for your reply and sorry should have been more specific.
My experience is that i manage a respite care unit for children/young adults with a learning disability and complex medical/health care need.So i use both my qualifications.
Regards
nirrade
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:04 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Visa and ASCO codes

Originally Posted by nirrade
Thank you for your reply and sorry should have been more specific.
My experience is that i manage a respite care unit for children/young adults with a learning disability and complex medical/health care need.So i use both my qualifications.
Regards
nirrade
No problem...hope you get some useful answers soon