Upset Re: Employer :(

Old Feb 20th 2007, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upset Re: Employer :(

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Thanks for all your support with this..
I hope it is just a stupid procedural thing and not too heavy, although it may be the right time to bring up childcare issues and changing my shifts from days to evenings? Maybe something positive can come out of it?
I know if we all stuck to policy the wards would be empty of staff this time of year!!! As we aren't supposed to work with colds and flu, truth is we have no choice really if we want a nice easy life at work.
I had sinusitis last sickness and migraines previously and they almost dont believe you. How can I drive with a migraine? I am a community staff nurse! Do they want me to crash?
Anyway I wont get on my high horse I usually sit there and take what they have to dish out in these situations.
My last employer wasn't supportive either when I slipped a disc in my back during the last few months of my maternity leave and delayed me coming back to work for all of two months! She then reflected my sickness as a concern in my references to Australia! Coming from a ward manager who has had lots of time off sick herself I found that very unsupportive.
I guess I am just someone who gets sick alot more than other people or has bad luck, I generally love my job so there are no problems there, I get fed up of being tarred with a similar brush as those not so dedicated who do take the piss....Thank you all for your support it means alot to be able to sound off in here
Don't feel bad, we had this at the Trust I worked for in the UK. I never received that 'special letter' from my manager but my mates did and they well and truely used it to their advantage! One said she just felt fatigued all the time, saw Occy Health, came back on 'rehab hours' (11 hrs per week) but full pay!!! Another said the patient's 'stressed her out' they gave her reduced hours, and an audit post in A&E (clipboard and monitors job) for the same pay! Trust me girl, you can really use it if you need too. If everythings getting to you, plead stress, reduce your hours then spend some time with your littlens. Sod work, its you and your family that are important.
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:03 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Upset Re: Employer :(

Originally Posted by glittababe
Don't feel bad, we had this at the Trust I worked for in the UK. I never received that 'special letter' from my manager but my mates did and they well and truely used it to their advantage! One said she just felt fatigued all the time, saw Occy Health, came back on 'rehab hours' (11 hrs per week) but full pay!!! Another said the patient's 'stressed her out' they gave her reduced hours, and an audit post in A&E (clipboard and monitors job) for the same pay! Trust me girl, you can really use it if you need too. If everythings getting to you, plead stress, reduce your hours then spend some time with your littlens. Sod work, its you and your family that are important.
I am getting so stressed about going into work lately that I am going to end up having time off for stress!!
Old Feb 20th 2007, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

loubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really niceloubylou1 is just really nice
Smile Re: Upset Re: Employer :(

Hiya, hope you are ok................try not to get stressed, but i do understand how you feel...........keep focused on that magic visa, aka the light at the end of the tunnel..........work never seems quite so bad when you know it is not forever! if not go for the above! which i had thought of that! i have had a lot of dealings with occ health over the years and they have been nothing but brilliant! so chin up girl, and keep thinking about the sunshine.............btw just read your blog...are you going for the 457 job offer, or has all this scared you off being with one employer for 2 years? loux