the townsville hospital

Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

whitechapel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the townsville hospital

Hi
I am new to this site and hoping to emigrate to Townsville at the end of the year, Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of what Townsville and the hospital is like to work at? I am hoping to work in neonates.I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice.
Old Aug 31st 2006, 11:42 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the townsville hospital

Originally Posted by whitechapel
Hi
I am new to this site and hoping to emigrate to Townsville at the end of the year, Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of what Townsville and the hospital is like to work at? I am hoping to work in neonates.I would really appreciate any thoughts or advice.

Hi!

Sorry I can't help with your question about Townsville, but just wanted to say welcome to BE.

You could try asking on the Australia forum I know there are people already in Townsville who may be able to help about the hospital.

Have you already got your visa?

Jackie
Old Sep 1st 2006, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hi

My friend Trish works at townsville hosp on the neonates suite, im sure she will give you the info you need she loves it there you could look for her threads under her username jimtrish

hope this helps

good luck ireland

Last edited by ireland; Sep 1st 2006 at 7:57 pm. Reason: wrong spelling
Old Sep 7th 2006, 10:47 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ireland
Hi

My friend Trish works at townsville hosp on the neonates suite, im sure she will give you the info you need she loves it there you could look for her threads under her username jimtrish

hope this helps

good luck ireland
Know Trish well and helped her out before she got her. I've been there for 2.5 years as a Midwife but have been 'deployed' at one time or another to most areas so email me if you want more info.
P.S. IGNORE Trish who swears at me when i send her babies from Birth Suite as it's really NOT a conspiracy it's just that i get the high risk births
Old Sep 8th 2006, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
Know Trish well and helped her out before she got her. I've been there for 2.5 years as a Midwife but have been 'deployed' at one time or another to most areas so email me if you want more info.
P.S. IGNORE Trish who swears at me when i send her babies from Birth Suite as it's really NOT a conspiracy it's just that i get the high risk births
Hi, Just reading your thread and thought you might be able to offer some help. I am a neonatal nurse hopefully going to Queensland next July. ( waiting for son's GCSE'S first) Is neonatal nursing much different? Is the unit Large? Thanks for any advice, sorry that Ive butted in on this thread!!!!!!!!!
J
Old Sep 10th 2006, 10:51 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jackie barden
Hi, Just reading your thread and thought you might be able to offer some help. I am a neonatal nurse hopefully going to Queensland next July. ( waiting for son's GCSE'S first) Is neonatal nursing much different? Is the unit Large? Thanks for any advice, sorry that Ive butted in on this thread!!!!!!!!!
J
HI
Email JIMTRISH as she works in the unit and i just send her the babies!! Have a look at this website www.health.qld.gov.au/townsville/default.asp then you can navigate your way through.
Lucy
Old Sep 12th 2006, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

jackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nicejackie barden is just really nice

HI
Email JIMTRISH as she works in the unit and i just send her the babies!! Have a look at this website www.health.qld.gov.au/townsville/default.asp then you can navigate your way through.
Lucy
Thanks Lucy. What is the heat like in Townsville? Just wonder if it may be a little hot for us? j
Old Sep 12th 2006, 11:28 pm
So Happy We could Dance

Thanks Lucy. What is the heat like in Townsville? Just wonder if it may be a little hot for us? j
Honestly it does get hot with the average 28-30C and humid. However you do adapt really easily and there is air con . There are plenty of pools and the strand has a rock pool and water park all for free. Thuringowa has a big free lagoon to swim in too. All in all you'll be fine. It's a better temp than Darwin and not like a desert heat which is nice. There's so much to do here that you notice it but don't if you know what i mean.
Lucy
Old Sep 13th 2006, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

Honestly it does get hot with the average 28-30C and humid. However you do adapt really easily and there is air con . There are plenty of pools and the strand has a rock pool and water park all for free. Thuringowa has a big free lagoon to swim in too. All in all you'll be fine. It's a better temp than Darwin and not like a desert heat which is nice. There's so much to do here that you notice it but don't if you know what i mean.
Lucy
Thanks for that. Will be in touch when weve heard! J
Old Sep 17th 2006, 7:03 am
So Happy We could Dance

Thanks for that. Will be in touch when weve heard! J
Nice one. Contact the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) on 0061 7 4796 1111 which is the main hospital switchboard number and ask for her in NICU. She's really nice and knows about the visa processes eg PR, State nominated etc. Tell her i made you call as we get on really well Any problems or questions PM me and i'll see what i can do
Lucy
Old Sep 17th 2006, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Nice one. Contact the Nurse Unit Manager (NUM) on 0061 7 4796 1111 which is the main hospital switchboard number and ask for her in NICU. She's really nice and knows about the visa processes eg PR, State nominated etc. Tell her i made you call as we get on really well Any problems or questions PM me and i'll see what i can do
Lucy
Thanks Lucy, will pm you when we have heard about the visa, should be very soon!!!!!! We are off to expo end of Oct to see about hubbys work (hes a bricklayer) so depends where his work is too. Thanks alot for your help J