Timescales for registering with Nursing boards

Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:03 pm
Chocolatemonstersmum

Default Timescales for registering with Nursing boards

Hi
I am a newly qualified Midwife (finished Feb 07) and awaiting registration in UK.

Can anyone tell me what the present timescales are with the various Nursing Boards in Oz. I have a job which i start in July in Brisbane so am looking for the quickest option as i will do the mutual agreement with QNC when i arrive in Australia.

Any info would be great, thanks
Lynne

Last edited by Chocolatemonstersmum; Mar 1st 2007 at 3:42 pm. Reason: Spelling

Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:09 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Timescales for registering with Nursing boards

Originally Posted by Chocolatemonstersmum
Hi
I am a newly qualified Midwife (finished Feb 07) and awaiting registration in UK.

Can anyone tell me what the present timescales are will the various Nursing Boards in Oz. I have a job which i start in July in Brisbane so am looking for the quickest option as i will do the mutual agreement with QNC when i arrive in Australia.

Any info would be great, thanks
Lynne
I have been waiting 4 weeks so far to hear about my NBWA registration. I think they are worse than the NMC for communication and that is saying something!
Old Mar 1st 2007, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Can anyone tell me what the present timescales are with the various Nursing Boards in Oz. I have a job which i start in July in Brisbane so am looking for the quickest option as i will do the mutual agreement with QNC when i arrive in Australia.
Nurses board of South Australia

Acknowledgement of application recieved: 16th November

Assesment completed :17 Janurary 2007

Registered: 14th Feburary 2007 (however, one slight delay in paperwork, after the assessment, and would probably have been 10days quicker without this!)

This was for the full assessment, prior to ANMC modified.

They were top-class

Link below

http://www.nursesboard.sa.gov.au/

Hope this is useful.

Ade S
Old Mar 1st 2007, 8:35 pm
Forum Regular

parsonsjonny is an unknown quantity at this point

Approximately 3 months for Nursing Board of Victoria as I've been told.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:34 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,
My skills assessment(full) took 12 weeks.I applied with QNC and it was painfully slow with a long backlog!
Sorry
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:40 pm
Chocolatemonstersmum

Smile Re: Timescales for registering with Nursing boards

Thanks for the replies.

Was thinking of registring with two boards possibly Victoria and another.

Has anyone registered with Northern Territory?

Lynne

Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:51 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by parsonsjonny
Approximately 3 months for Nursing Board of Victoria as I've been told.
I hope it's not that long
I am submitting my skills assessment to them next week.
If it takes 3 months -then I have to do the modified with ANMC -then apply for a visa ,then my aim of being in Melbourne by November is not looking likely
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

chin-chin will become famous soon enoughchin-chin will become famous soon enough

mine took only almost 4 weeks with Nurses Board of Victoria
Old Mar 5th 2007, 9:39 am
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chin-chin
mine took only almost 4 weeks with Nurses Board of Victoria
YAY! Was that recently?
Old Mar 5th 2007, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

chin-chin will become famous soon enoughchin-chin will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Kapri
YAY! Was that recently?

yup! it was actually 1 month to be exact. Mailed my application on January 19 and received the registration thru post on Feb. 19 (my certificate of registration was dated Feb 14). Just make sure you send a complete one as they send it back everytime there's something wrong or missing which gives much of the delays as what happened with some people i know. goodluck!