Time limit to get job with 175 visa?

Old Feb 6th 2008, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

Pom Mummy of Twins - PMT- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Time limit to get job with 175 visa?

hello all,

i'm a newbie and just starting to gather documents for skills assessment via ANMC. I aim to then apply for 175 visa with me as the main applicant but wondered once we arrived in oz if i needed to start work within a set time limit and what would happen if i couldn't find childcare to allow me to take employment, would they send us home?
Also is there many part-time vacancies available, i currently work as an anaesthetic nurse.

loving BE, cheers
PMT xx
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

itsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura aboutitsmylife has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Time limit to get job with 175 visa?

The 175 visa is an independant permanent one, and although the idea with this is that you will use your skills as a nurse to take up employment in Australia, there is no conditions placed on it, so techincally you could move and never work as a nurse. Thats why its the one that most people go for - no conditions... its only the employer sponsored visas that have these conditions regarding work placed on them.

From what I can gather there are plenty of jobs going for nurses, and with a 175 visa you would be able to apply for part time jobs. Some of the other visas have conditions placed on them by the employer who is sponsoring you, such as full time hours for a certain period of time.

The 175 visa gives you a lot of freedom and is why I too am going with that one
Old Feb 6th 2008, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by itsmylife
The 175 visa is an independant permanent one, and although the idea with this is that you will use your skills as a nurse to take up employment in Australia, there is no conditions placed on it, so techincally you could move and never work as a nurse. Thats why its the one that most people go for - no conditions... its only the employer sponsored visas that have these conditions regarding work placed on them.

From what I can gather there are plenty of jobs going for nurses, and with a 175 visa you would be able to apply for part time jobs. Some of the other visas have conditions placed on them by the employer who is sponsoring you, such as full time hours for a certain period of time.

The 175 visa gives you a lot of freedom and is why I too am going with that one

Here here!!!
That's why I'm opting for the 175
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:54 pm
Just Joined

Pom Mummy of Twins - PMT- is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, now that problem sorted another one appears! From reading posts it seems unclear how the previous working hours are calculated for the visa requirements, Do we calculate whole of previous 2years hours minus sick and maternity leave then see if we have 520 hours (20hrsx52wks) ???
Is there any documentation/ guidelines where this information is ?

thanks in advance for any help

PMTxx
Old Feb 9th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pom Mummy of Twins - PMT-
Thanks for the replies, now that problem sorted another one appears! From reading posts it seems unclear how the previous working hours are calculated for the visa requirements, Do we calculate whole of previous 2years hours minus sick and maternity leave then see if we have 520 hours (20hrsx52wks) ???
Is there any documentation/ guidelines where this information is ?

thanks in advance for any help

PMTxx
I THINK you need HR to calculate your total hours worked then state in a letter that you have worked on average 20 hours a week - but don't qoute me. You could ask one of the very helpful agents who regularly frequent this site.
Old Feb 9th 2008, 8:19 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

theres a thread going at the moment discussing this ... you cant base it on 'averaged' hours, you have to have worked 20+ hours a week for at least 12 months out of the last 4(??is it 4??) years ... and dimia require you to have 20+ hours a week for at least 12 out of the previous 18 months (that is a requirement for the 175 visa).