Theatre nursing in Oz

Old Apr 26th 2004, 8:21 pm
Just Joined

Dydickinson is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Theatre nursing in Oz

Hoping to get to Oz soon, would like to hear from any theatre nurses who work over there or have. How easy is it to get a job, how much experience do I need etc...
Old May 1st 2004, 1:02 pm
ozduffs

Default Re: Theatre nursing in Oz

Hi there

We moved to Australia from England last April. My wife is a theatre nurse in a hospital in Perth.

She's not too good at replying to emails, so if you have any queries about theatre nursing, let me know, and I'll ask her and reply to you.

She was lucky- she knew an ex-colleage from the UK who recommended her to the Australian nursing manager that she now worked for, so that was a way in for us.

Cheers,

Mike

Old Oct 27th 2004, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Smile Re: Theatre nursing in Oz

Originally Posted by Dydickinson
Hoping to get to Oz soon, would like to hear from any theatre nurses who work over there or have. How easy is it to get a job, how much experience do I need etc...

Hello,

I am a theatre nurse in the UK and moving to Sydney in 10 weeks. I am only newly qualified (11 months) but to be honest I have had a lot of interest from both agencies and hospitals. I think if you are eager and willing to learn they will snap you up.

I presume you have more experience than me? Where are you thinking of moving to?

cheers
Old Oct 28th 2004, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

bunny feet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Hello,

I am a theatre nurse in the UK and moving to Sydney in 10 weeks. I am only newly qualified (11 months) but to be honest I have had a lot of interest from both agencies and hospitals. I think if you are eager and willing to learn they will snap you up.

I presume you have more experience than me? Where are you thinking of moving to?

cheers
Off To Brisbane, going there on holiday in December and hoping to speak to some hospitals then, I have got three years experiance in recovery and want to work in recovery over there
Old Oct 29th 2004, 8:39 am
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Hi,
Im also a recovery nurse with 3 years experience, I have found it very easy to get work in Sydney, if your after a permanent position I think you will have a lot of choice, they seem quite desperate in all areas of theatre, especially anaesthetics.Where abouts in Australia are you heading?
Old Oct 29th 2004, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

bunny feet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by igual
Hi,
Im also a recovery nurse with 3 years experience, I have found it very easy to get work in Sydney, if your after a permanent position I think you will have a lot of choice, they seem quite desperate in all areas of theatre, especially anaesthetics.Where abouts in Australia are you heading?

Heading to Brisbane, I haven't got any anaesthetics experiance as only ODP's can do anaesthetics where I work. Would like to do anaesthetics over there if I can. Have you contacted hospitals directly???
Old Oct 29th 2004, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

igual will become famous soon enoughigual will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by bunny feet
Heading to Brisbane, I haven't got any anaesthetics experiance as only ODP's can do anaesthetics where I work. Would like to do anaesthetics over there if I can. Have you contacted hospitals directly???
Hi bunny feet,
yes I contacted hospitals directly, don't know about hospitals in Brisbane though.
Good luck