Telephone interview at KEMH Perth....Yeeha!!!

Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

CamandDanielle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Telephone interview at KEMH Perth....Yeeha!!!

That is such great news, well done you!!! I just logged on to see how you did and i know i sound a bit dim but i had a little tear when i told my husband, is soooo exciting!!! So nice that you two have met too and will be working together... I am soooo jealous!! (in a nice way).
Hopefully you will be both be there in 2 years when i hope to be as you both sound lovely!
Well done a hundred times more..
Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.
Danielle X
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:40 pm
yorkshire born & bred

warren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to allwarren thomas is a name known to all

WELL DONE LUCY,
my wife to as just got a job offer last week from perth childrens hospital, i ear visa are taking about 6 week+.
were buzzing too,
we are from halifax west yorkshire, now we are looking at rental in perth, i thing long term holiday apartments are cheaper than the house rental thing,
good look and keep us up to date how you get on.
warren and lisa.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

yc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really niceyc2m is just really nice

Oh My God, Oh my God!! I got the job!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, hey, well done Lucy!!
'Been keeping an eye on your post to see how you got on; that's just brilliant news!!
I'm due to finish in January, so am still trying to decide which hospitals in WA to try and approach

Best of luck with everything
yc2m
Old Jun 13th 2009, 4:22 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Congratulations. I'm well chuffed for you and the interview seemed nice.
Good luck in your new job and your new life.
Old Jun 13th 2009, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Lissa is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Telephone interview at KEMH Perth....Yeeha!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I have secured (yippeee!!!) a job at KEMH but am not able to go out til January 2010 I cannot wait!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lulabell
Oh My God, Oh my God!! I got the job!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stunned, and very tired cause didn't sleep at all last night, was so nervous! I was bricking it this a.m waiting for the phone call.........I can't believe they offered me job! Wooohooo!

Gill was so nice vicki you were right......i'm coming to work on your ward....no way! The interview was just basic questions and not very many at all,

what did I think the role on an RN was?

How would I care for a post-op patient? (immediate post-op care)

How would you keep your pt's safe (i just talked about enviromental stuff,
health and safety as well as a bit of post-op care stuff, following policies, nmc code and evidence based practice, blah blah)

What is my understanding of team work?

I think that was it. Then we just chated.

Vicki, you must tell me what the usual nurse/pt load is as i was a bit confused, she mentioned 4-5 pts which is similar to what i take now which is fine most of the time. But then mentioned that about 7 nurses on in the a.m (the ward is 27 beds right?) If you could give me a better idea that would be great.

Thanks so much for your support everyone.....I'm just still stunned I think

Haha, Lucy
Congratulations Lucy

As I said previously, I am sure that you will love your work at KEMH, I certainly did. Is Gill R-H the manager again on ward 6? They were advertising for a manager when I left in Feb 2008. She was the manager when I arrived at KEMH in Feb 2003, but resigned to go on to nights. She always seemed like an excellent manager.

I still miss KEMH very much, some days are better than others though.

Good luck with the big move.

Kathryn
Old Jun 15th 2009, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice
Talking Re: Telephone interview at KEMH Perth....Yeeha!!!

Hey everyone! Thankyou so much for all your kind messages, you're all lovely!

Cam&Danielle- Haha, I don't think your dim...just sweet thanks very much! I know exactly what you mean too. I've been reading peoples updates and following their posts on here for a few years now. You do feel like you get to know people and want everything to work out for everyone This website has relly kept me going!

Warren- Fantastic, well done you two- I bet you're excited... its great isn't it Thankyou too, advice is good ta, anything to save a bit of money is fine by me!

Yc2m- Thanyou so much! Just apply to them all haha. I lost count of how many emails I sent to loads of hospitals (not just in Perth) before i got an offer- keep plugging away.

Lyx- Thanks a lot Lyx! Good luvk to you too, keep us posted on your progress . I hope to see you in Perth!

Lissa- Thanks Lissa and well done to you too! I bet you can't wait, not too long though, i'm sure it'll fly by. Keep in touch, and hope to see you in Perth!

Kathryn- Thanks very much Kathryn- I hope so! Just hearing about the staffing levels it can't be any worse than my job here. They have more staff on nights than we do on a day shift! So Gill was leaving......I wonder if she changed her mind ? She defo said she is manager of ward 6 gynae oncology/urogynae ward. Thanks again.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Kathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to allKathryn V is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lulabell
Hey everyone! Thankyou so much for all your kind messages, you're all lovely!

Cam&Danielle- Haha, I don't think your dim...just sweet thanks very much! I know exactly what you mean too. I've been reading peoples updates and following their posts on here for a few years now. You do feel like you get to know people and want everything to work out for everyone This website has relly kept me going!

Warren- Fantastic, well done you two- I bet you're excited... its great isn't it Thankyou too, advice is good ta, anything to save a bit of money is fine by me!

Yc2m- Thanyou so much! Just apply to them all haha. I lost count of how many emails I sent to loads of hospitals (not just in Perth) before i got an offer- keep plugging away.

Lyx- Thanks a lot Lyx! Good luvk to you too, keep us posted on your progress . I hope to see you in Perth!

Lissa- Thanks Lissa and well done to you too! I bet you can't wait, not too long though, i'm sure it'll fly by. Keep in touch, and hope to see you in Perth!

Kathryn- Thanks very much Kathryn- I hope so! Just hearing about the staffing levels it can't be any worse than my job here. They have more staff on nights than we do on a day shift! So Gill was leaving......I wonder if she changed her mind ? She defo said she is manager of ward 6 gynae oncology/urogynae ward. Thanks again.
Hi Lucy

Gill R-H definitely resigned as the manager in 2004/2005, due to pay/grading issues, which was all very stupid anyway. They then went through several managers/acting managers. I assume that they sorted out the pay/grading issue and she has decided to take up the post once again.

Kathryn