Telephone interview at KEMH Perth....Yeeha!!!

Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice
Talking Telephone interview at KEMH Perth....Yeeha!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

I can't believe i've got an interview!!
I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time!! I hope its not really hard, I get so nervous in interviews!
Its this fri at 8am. I'll let everyone know about if anyone is interested. I know I was before I got an interview.

Lucy
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

exhaused1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Telephone interview at KEMH Perth....Yeeha!!!

Well Done Lucy!
Will keep fingers crossed for you
Let me know how you get on, remember to keep calm and remember that they need you as much as you need them!!
Good luck, let me know how you get on!
Claire
Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lulabell
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......

I can't believe i've got an interview!!
I'm so excited and so nervous at the same time!! I hope its not really hard, I get so nervous in interviews!
Its this fri at 8am. I'll let everyone know about if anyone is interested. I know I was before I got an interview.

Lucy

Hi,

I have just started working at KEMH and love it, it is a really nice hospital, once you work here, you never want to go back to the NHS.
Which ward or department you're having the interview with?

Let us know how you got on.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 7:11 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Well done you!!!
Sending you some karma for more good luck.
I'll be really interested to hear all about it. How did you get it arranged?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

CamandDanielle is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic!!!! How exciting!! Thats where I want to work, good luck babe, let me know how you get on...X
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice

Hi guys!

Thanks so much for the support! I'll keep everyone updated!

Vicki- Its so nice to hear from somebody that works there already....and even better than you like it! I'm sure you're right about not wanting to work in NHS again, so busy and short staffed. Its ward 6, Gynaecology/oncology surgical ward. How about you....what ward do you work on?

Lyx- Hey, I emailed a general recruitment address for the hospital (i'll see if i can find it) but I did this in Jan and heard nothing, so assumed it was dead. Then recieved an email only a few weeks ago asking if i was still interested. So you never know eh!?

Thanks again guys! Lucy.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

vicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant futurevicki78 has a brilliant future

Hi guys!

Thanks so much for the support! I'll keep everyone updated!

Vicki- Its so nice to hear from somebody that works there already....and even better than you like it! I'm sure you're right about not wanting to work in NHS again, so busy and short staffed. Its ward 6, Gynaecology/oncology surgical ward. How about you....what ward do you work on?

Lyx- Hey, I emailed a general recruitment address for the hospital (i'll see if i can find it) but I did this in Jan and heard nothing, so assumed it was dead. Then recieved an email only a few weeks ago asking if i was still interested. So you never know eh!?

Thanks again guys! Lucy.
Hi Lucy,

Oh my God, I work on Ward 6! What a co-incidence!
Don't worry about the interview at all, I had a telephone interview with them when I was still in the UK, and it was absolutely fine, the easiest interview I ever had. Will it be Gill who will interview you? She is the clinical manager on the ward and she is very-very nice.
I really like the ward, people are friendly and welcoming and it is a great ward to work on, like I said once you work here, you would never want to go and work for the NHS again. That's how I felt anyway.

So when you will be arriving to Perth? And when do you start working?
Good luck with the interview, you will be fine, let me know how it all went and hopefully will meet you soon on the ward!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Oh wow, i'm so excited now ...and i desperately want the job....god i better not fluff it now!!

Yes it is Gill that is doing it, great to know she is nice! So how long have you been there.....did they sponsor you or did you have PR? I have no idea when will will come over, but we'd be willing to come as soon as.....we don't have any ties as such. But i haven't sent off my nbwa reg yet as my crap uni are taking forever to send my transcripts

We'd have to be sponsored on a 457 too as I don't have much post reg experience, so i hope there would be the option to change to PR asap....will have to discuss this with them hopefully!

Would love to see you on the ward, i really hope so! We'd love to be over there this year if possible

Lucy
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:19 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

I know how you feel, I'm still waiting for my uni to finalise my transcripts and send them to the AMNC. Seems that absolutely noone is in any hurry at all.
Still it gives me longer to sell this house.
Good luck tomorrow. I'll pick your brains about the interview questions if thats ok.
Old Jun 11th 2009, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

Oh wow, i'm so excited now ...and i desperately want the job....god i better not fluff it now!!

Yes it is Gill that is doing it, great to know she is nice! So how long have you been there.....did they sponsor you or did you have PR? I have no idea when will will come over, but we'd be willing to come as soon as.....we don't have any ties as such. But i haven't sent off my nbwa reg yet as my crap uni are taking forever to send my transcripts

We'd have to be sponsored on a 457 too as I don't have much post reg experience, so i hope there would be the option to change to PR asap....will have to discuss this with them hopefully!

Would love to see you on the ward, i really hope so! We'd love to be over there this year if possible

Lucy
I only started two weeks ago, but we arrived in Australia in April, we travelled around the country for a few weeks. We came on PR.

I had the same trouble with my uni regarding the transcipt, but they will do it eventually, I had to keep ringing them to remind them! But once you have that, the NBWA is quite quick to do your registration, I think mine took about 2 months.

Vicki
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

Talking Re: Telephone interview at KEMH Perth....Yeeha!!!

Oh My God, Oh my God!! I got the job!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stunned, and very tired cause didn't sleep at all last night, was so nervous! I was bricking it this a.m waiting for the phone call.........I can't believe they offered me job! Wooohooo!

Gill was so nice vicki you were right......i'm coming to work on your ward....no way! The interview was just basic questions and not very many at all,

what did I think the role on an RN was?

How would I care for a post-op patient? (immediate post-op care)

How would you keep your pt's safe (i just talked about enviromental stuff,
health and safety as well as a bit of post-op care stuff, following policies, nmc code and evidence based practice, blah blah)

What is my understanding of team work?

I think that was it. Then we just chated.

Vicki, you must tell me what the usual nurse/pt load is as i was a bit confused, she mentioned 4-5 pts which is similar to what i take now which is fine most of the time. But then mentioned that about 7 nurses on in the a.m (the ward is 27 beds right?) If you could give me a better idea that would be great.

Thanks so much for your support everyone.....I'm just still stunned I think

Haha, Lucy
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

exhaused1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations Lucy !!
Another step closer!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

Oh My God, Oh my God!! I got the job!!!!!!!!!!

I'm stunned, and very tired cause didn't sleep at all last night, was so nervous! I was bricking it this a.m waiting for the phone call.........I can't believe they offered me job! Wooohooo!

Gill was so nice vicki you were right......i'm coming to work on your ward....no way! The interview was just basic questions and not very many at all,

what did I think the role on an RN was?

How would I care for a post-op patient? (immediate post-op care)

How would you keep your pt's safe (i just talked about enviromental stuff,
health and safety as well as a bit of post-op care stuff, following policies, nmc code and evidence based practice, blah blah)

What is my understanding of team work?

I think that was it. Then we just chated.

Vicki, you must tell me what the usual nurse/pt load is as i was a bit confused, she mentioned 4-5 pts which is similar to what i take now which is fine most of the time. But then mentioned that about 7 nurses on in the a.m (the ward is 27 beds right?) If you could give me a better idea that would be great.

Thanks so much for your support everyone.....I'm just still stunned I think

Haha, Lucy
Hi Lucy,

WELL DONE! Congratulations about getting the job.

Yes what you said about patient-nurse ratio is quite right, there are 27 individual rooms, but it's not always full up, sometimes we only have 10 patients, but it does change quite quickly as we do take emergency cases. There are normally 7 staff on an a.m and p.m shift (respectively) and if the ward is full then we each have roughly 4-5 patients. If there are less patients, then obviously we have less patient each. Sometimes when it is quiet, I only have 2 patients on my shift.
It is a lovely ward, I really like it, I wasn't going to do gynae as I previously worked on intensive care, but I'm glad I went for this one, there is a quick turnover of patients, you do a lot of post-op care (which I like) and I find it really interesting, because we do get patients with ectopic pregnancies and there are quite lot of patients who have had late miscarriages (e.g.: 15-20 weeks of pregnancy), so then you kind of become a mini midwife.
So well done, there is something to look forward to, let us know when you are going to start. Good luck with all the preparations to moving Down Under!
Old Jun 12th 2009, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Thanks very much exhausted1!

Thanks a lot too Vicki! Yeah that makes sense, sounds good.....so many more staff than we have, but a very similar ward. I think i'll prefer a quicker turnover, we have ectopics and ladys that come as urgencys, but the main bulk is major gynae/oncology surgery (which i love too ) but we seem to operate on quite a lot of elderly ladies and quite often very big ops, so we can have pts in for a very long time as it takes them a while to recover. I'm still new to gynae, so still learning......you've taken a big change too eh, i'm glad you like it! Thanks again for your advice, which suburb do live in by the way? Cheers Lucy.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much exhausted1!

Thanks a lot too Vicki! Yeah that makes sense, sounds good.....so many more staff than we have, but a very similar ward. I think i'll prefer a quicker turnover, we have ectopics and ladys that come as urgencys, but the main bulk is major gynae/oncology surgery (which i love too ) but we seem to operate on quite a lot of elderly ladies and quite often very big ops, so we can have pts in for a very long time as it takes them a while to recover. I'm still new to gynae, so still learning......you've taken a big change too eh, i'm glad you like it! Thanks again for your advice, which suburb do live in by the way? Cheers Lucy.
At the moment we're living in Quinns Rocks, but this is only a holiday rental, just as well as I find driving to work too much, it takes me an hour to get to work. We will be moving soon to a long term rental, somewhere closer like Scarborough or Hillary's as we want to stay close to the beach.

Vicki

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.