stupid question

Old Jan 16th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

kt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nice
Default stupid question

right im all set with the QNC1form in front of me, pen in hand (well, iv put it down to type this but u know what i mean!) confused - it says "if ur applicatin is approved between 1 April and 30 june you will recieve a licence untill 30 june of the next financial year" so my question is if i send my form tomorrow what will happen? will they still process it but it will expire 30th june this yr?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Re: stupid question

Originally Posted by kt_and_kris
right im all set with the QNC1form in front of me, pen in hand (well, iv put it down to type this but u know what i mean!) confused - it says "if ur applicatin is approved between 1 April and 30 june you will recieve a licence untill 30 june of the next financial year" so my question is if i send my form tomorrow what will happen? will they still process it but it will expire 30th june this yr?
Hi KT and Kris,
Basically the answer to your question is yes!

Unlike the NMC's annual fee that lasts for a full year from the date you renew it from, the QNC has a set date that everybody has to renew on. So in other words they want $90 for this year up to June and then another $90 for June this year up to June next.

There is some good news though - they give you a very nice looking badge when you register

Mark
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

kt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nice

well i think ill frame it then cos it will be the most expensive badge ill ever own ha ha! thanks mark, dont know how id cope without all ur advise!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

well i think ill frame it then cos it will be the most expensive badge ill ever own ha ha! thanks mark, dont know how id cope without all ur advise!
Just thought i'd give you a bit more information about applying to the QNC. When I applied they took payment off my credit card 13 days after posting the form to them. I got an acknowledgement letter with my Queensland nurse id number about a week later. You can check online at anytime to see if your name is on the online registration list - my name was on it about 4days after receiving the acknowledgement letter and I received a formal registration letter, certificate, the really nice badge and cd about a week after that.

The web address for checking your registration status with the QNC is:

https://secure.qnc.qld.gov.au/t1tbmain.asp

Mark
Old Jan 16th 2008, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

thats quick! is it usual to have a wee panic attack when u realise things might move quickly?! (do really want to go tho!) my next question however is about the evidence of inital registration - does this mean ur NMC pin card thingy?
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:51 pm
ab uno disce omnes

PJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nice

thats quick! is it usual to have a wee panic attack when u realise things might move quickly?! (do really want to go tho!) my next question however is about the evidence of inital registration - does this mean ur NMC pin card thingy?
Hi kt and kris,

Had to chuckle when I read the above, I had a bit of a wobble when I sent my application off, then I got an email back from them saying I hadn't sent all the info as per the form. I was a bit too keen to send it off and hadn't read it properly, panic over!! New panic, got to contact all the places I have worked over the past 5 years and get references from past supervisors. To date it has been 3 months since I sent letters off and still not got all the references in. We were hoping to get things moving and go in March (it felt like a long way off last October!!). Bigger panic, might be well into the latter half of the year before we go now.

Good luck with everything.
Paul

BTW: Inital registration is your NMC pin thingy.

Last edited by PJMA; Jan 16th 2008 at 10:54 pm. Reason: Addition
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi,
Actually no its not your NMC pin card thingy. Its a tatty A4 size of paper thingy that the NMC call the "Statement of Entry"

The NMC would have sent you this when you Qualified informing you that your registration is effective.

Mark
Old Jan 17th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

oh well i think i like pauls reply better cos i dont have an a4 sized bit of paper from NMC!

x
Old Jan 17th 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PJMA
Hi kt and kris,

Had to chuckle when I read the above, I had a bit of a wobble when I sent my application off, then I got an email back from them saying I hadn't sent all the info as per the form. I was a bit too keen to send it off and hadn't read it properly, panic over!! New panic, got to contact all the places I have worked over the past 5 years and get references from past supervisors. To date it has been 3 months since I sent letters off and still not got all the references in. We were hoping to get things moving and go in March (it felt like a long way off last October!!). Bigger panic, might be well into the latter half of the year before we go now.

Good luck with everything.
Paul

BTW: Inital registration is your NMC pin thingy.
so its not just me then! still its pants that yours keeps getting delayed. hope it comes thro for u soon
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh well i think i like pauls reply better cos i dont have an a4 sized bit of paper from NMC!

x
I've seen other people put posts on here saying that they can't find theirs either - apparently all you need to do is phone the NMC to send you a new one.

As for the length of time we need to wait for things - i did find both the QNC and the ANMC quite fast but the wait for other things is really dragging

Mark
Old Jan 17th 2008, 7:19 pm
ab uno disce omnes

PJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nice

x
You should have been sent one with you Pin thingy when you qualified.I don't have the A4 paper from the NMC either, I do have one from the UKCC, but that's now useless, cost me £10 and that was me Registered for life:curse: then it cost me some more a few years later and then even more some more years later. Now it cost lots more within a year, be paying monthly before my next one is due you wait and see

As Mark says, the NMC will send you a new one if you ask them nicely, they may even help you loose some pounds as well, that's £££ and not lbs
Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PJMA
You should have been sent one with you Pin thingy when you qualified.I don't have the A4 paper from the NMC either, I do have one from the UKCC, but that's now useless, cost me £10 and that was me Registered for life:curse: then it cost me some more a few years later and then even more some more years later. Now it cost lots more within a year, be paying monthly before my next one is due you wait and see

As Mark says, the NMC will send you a new one if you ask them nicely, they may even help you loose some pounds as well, that's £££ and not lbs
ha ha i think i would prefer it if they helped me loose lbs cos im skint enough as it is and i havent even started paying for all the visa stuff yet