Sponosored Visa - what tie in is there?

Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

chequer is on a distinguished road
Default Sponosored Visa - what tie in is there?

If accepted for visa via the sponsored route, how long do you get tied into that hospital before you get to alter the parameters?

I don't really want to work full time as my boys are still young but my husband, a primary school teacher, knows the beginning of his Australian career will only be supply teaching and not permanent. A year would give him a chance get his foot in the door and then we could swap roles again. I'd quite happily go back to part time.

What're my chances? Any ideas?
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponosored Visa - what tie in is there?

Originally Posted by chequer
If accepted for visa via the sponsored route, how long do you get tied into that hospital before you get to alter the parameters?
Depends on the type of "sponsored visa":

- 457 visa (temporary)
- RSMS (permanent)
- ENS (permanent).

The answer is different in all three cases.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
Depends on the type of "sponsored visa":

- 457 visa (temporary)
- RSMS (permanent)
- ENS (permanent).

The answer is different in all three cases.
Ah, it's through a nursing agency in Brisbane. They get the hospital to offer you a job then help you through the visa process.

I guess it's ENS since the hospital is in Brisbane and not out in the country.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:56 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chequer
Ah, it's through a nursing agency in Brisbane. They get the hospital to offer you a job then help you through the visa process.

I guess it's ENS since the hospital is in Brisbane and not out in the country.
The fact you mention an "agency" suggests it may be a 457 temporary visa and not a permanent ENS visa. Agencies don't usually sponsor for permanent residence - is the hospital going to sponsor you?

457 is nothing to do with ENS, although many people get confused.

You should clarify this point first.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 6:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JAJ
The fact you mention an "agency" suggests it may be a 457 temporary visa and not a permanent ENS visa. Agencies don't usually sponsor for permanent residence - is the hospital going to sponsor you?

457 is nothing to do with ENS, although many people get confused.

You should clarify this point first.
Thanks.

I've just re-read the information and the agency will support you through different types of visa application. Their role in the first instance is to get a sponsorship number from the hospital attached to the job they are brokering.

We would be going for permanent residency so I guess it's still ENS.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hi chequer

From what i know if you are offered a sponsorship visa then you are tied to working for them for two years. You are unable to break your contract as if you do you can then be deported out of the country unless you find someone else to sponsor you I myself am a community staff nurse and have had two phone interviews and a face to face interview and was told they would be willing to sponsor me but when I found out the conditions I declined the offer as I only am interested in part time work. My Oh is the main applicant and we are nearly at the stage when we should fingers crossed be granted a visa so have no need to be sponsored as we have already paid out for our application.
Hope that helps

Janetx
Old Feb 6th 2007, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
Hi chequer

From what i know if you are offered a sponsorship visa then you are tied to working for them for two years. You are unable to break your contract as if you do you can then be deported out of the country unless you find someone else to sponsor you I myself am a community staff nurse and have had two phone interviews and a face to face interview and was told they would be willing to sponsor me but when I found out the conditions I declined the offer as I only am interested in part time work. My Oh is the main applicant and we are nearly at the stage when we should fingers crossed be granted a visa so have no need to be sponsored as we have already paid out for our application.
Hope that helps

Janetx
Thanks Janet. I guessed that would be the answer.

I want to work part time only so I think we'll see, via an agency, whether I or my husband should apply.

Did you use an agency? What did you think of the service and the price?
Old Feb 6th 2007, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Janet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud ofJanet Rutledge has much to be proud of

Hello Chequers

Yes we are using an agency which is based in Sydney. So far they have been very good. It has cost us about $4000.00 approx which includes our TRA assessment. It is much easier unless you are a very organised person I feel to go with an agent as there is so much that can go wrong and the whole idea of an agent is to check that no slip ups occur.

Good luck with whatever you decide. If you are going to be the main applicant for the visa you have to work a minimum of twenty hours to be eligible to go for the skills assessment. If you only work part-time then you may not have enough hours. Something to look into!!

Janet
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:30 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

If it is a 457 visa you are tied to the employer for as long as they choose to sponsor you.....you have no choice but to work for them....if you leave the job then you have to leave the country unless you can find someone else to take on the sponsorship.

Make sure you know which visa you are being sponsored for....get it in writing....you would not be the first to come unstuck on a temporary visa.

G
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:49 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Sponosored Visa - what tie in is there?

Hiya,
I am being sponsored on an ENS visa and am expected to work for the QLD health authority for 2 years.The visa is permanent and I have researched the hospital thoroughly.I have work collegues presently at the hospital who are happy there.This route is not great for everyone but due to time out having the kids I couldnt meet the recent work experience criteria required for the other visa.I am willing to work full time as I o here and my hubby looks after the kids.For us it is a means to an end an works well here.I would think carefully about using an agent as I found work by posting my CV on the QLD health authority website and they contacted me direct.You may be able to find work yourself.PM me if you need any more info.
Andy
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:08 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Janet Rutledge
Hi chequer

From what i know if you are offered a sponsorship visa then you are tied to working for them for two years. You are unable to break your contract as if you do you can then be deported out of the country unless you find someone else to sponsor you
Depends on the type of sponsorship visa! The temporary sponsorship visa ties you to your employer indefinitely!
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:12 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
Hiya,
I am being sponsored on an ENS visa and am expected to work for the QLD health authority for 2 years.The visa is permanent and I have researched the hospital thoroughly.
If it's ENS you are supposed to be offered a 3 year contract. There is no minimum "tie-in" period on ENS, except that:

- DIMA would take a dim view of cases where people never took up the sponsoring job, or left almost immediately (visas could be revoked for fraud).

- HOWEVER, if you genuinely join the employer and work for a reasonable period, that's basically your commitment. You can leave later on as far as DIMA are concerned,although you may have contractual issues with your employer. Also, the employment market in most Australian states is small and it would not be a good idea in career terms to leave an employer in such a way (after they made the effort to sponsor you).

If your visa is RSMS rather than ENS then rules are stricter. You do have to make a "genuine effort" to work for your employer for 2 years and your visa can be cancelled if you don't under a special law introduced a few years ago. DIMA could of course extend this to ENS anytime.
Old Feb 8th 2007, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

Hello everyone!

I am on an ENS visa, 3 year tie in, however my understanding is as JAJ has outlined above.

I was told also that I could move jobs within the hospital if I wanted or within NSW Health, as it is NSW Health as opposed to the hospital that has sponsored me.

Having said that, I am employed full time but am not far off maternity leave and am returning part time for 2 days a week. At no stage has anyone had an issue with this - once employed you have the same entitlements as everyone else.

In the first instance though I was offered a 457, which is usual I think. I refused to accept post unless they sponsored me for PR and they did, so even if you get offered a 457, ask for PR, you might get lucky!

All the best,

Jo x
Old Feb 8th 2007, 3:31 am
JAJ
Retired

Originally Posted by SenoraJo
Hello everyone!

I am on an ENS visa, 3 year tie in, however my understanding is as JAJ has outlined above.

I was told also that I could move jobs within the hospital if I wanted or within NSW Health, as it is NSW Health as opposed to the hospital that has sponsored me.

Having said that, I am employed full time but am not far off maternity leave and am returning part time for 2 days a week. At no stage has anyone had an issue with this - once employed you have the same entitlements as everyone else.

In the first instance though I was offered a 457, which is usual I think. I refused to accept post unless they sponsored me for PR and they did, so even if you get offered a 457, ask for PR, you might get lucky!
You made a wise decision. With your ENS visa there is no problem reducing to part time status in the way you describe. There would be problems doing this if you had a 457.

It also means your Australia born child will be an Australian citizen by birth (not the case on a 457) and you will get full medicare coverage, baby bonus etc (again - not available on 457).
Old Feb 8th 2007, 9:16 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hiya,
I was offered a 457 at first too but really wanted medicare ,child benefit etc.I said I couldnt come out without PR and they offered me ENS with no problems.