Royal childrens Brisbane

Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold
Default Royal childrens Brisbane

Anyone on induction on monday 11th ?
Old Feb 8th 2008, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

exhaused1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Royal childrens Brisbane

Hi tillysmum, im replying to your thread, although its not regarding any induction on the 11th and I hope you dont mind! The title of Royal childrens in Brisbane caught my eye for the reason of where i would love to work when we arrive in Aus. May i be cheeky enough to ask you if you contacted the hospital directly for your job or did you go through one of the many recruitment agencys? I really keen to get started but not to sure where to start and any advise would be extreamly welcome! Claire
Old Feb 9th 2008, 3:17 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi Claire
I was interviewed by queensland health when they where recruiting last year I was a health visitor in uk and will be doing something similar here but you are employed by hosp.

Go on www.health.qld.gov.au and have a look at work for us then go into nursing bit always jobs coming up

any probs pm me
Old Feb 11th 2008, 12:50 pm
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by tillysmum
Hi Claire
I was interviewed by queensland health when they where recruiting last year I was a health visitor in uk and will be doing something similar here but you are employed by hosp.

Go on www.health.qld.gov.au and have a look at work for us then go into nursing bit always jobs coming up

any probs pm me

Hi

Just out of interest !!! Are you general or mental health nurse? i have an orientation on 10th March.... I am mental health nurse... would be good to hear how it went

cheers

Mark
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mark its going ok loads of uk nurses on it big surprises have to do a test on basic life support and medication calculations even if you work in the community and not using any drugs
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark its going ok loads of uk nurses on it big surprises have to do a test on basic life support and medication calculations even if you work in the community and not using any drugs
Hi Tillysmum

Just reading through all the threads and noticed this one. I have a job offer from RBWH due to start mid july. Can I ask what visa you went out on? I. have my QNC registration but have not done an ANMC skills assessment as I am Going on 457 visa. Originally offered perm visa by nurse manager that interviewed me which I thought at the time highly unlikely as I am now 47.
Nurse recruitment dept only offer 457 and they originally said contract for 4YRS. My agent has received contract and is questioning the fact that they are now stating 12months with a view to extension. I'm feeling very disheartened at the moment. I am a neonatal intensive care nurse with 5 years experience in this speciality, Qualified SRN since 1982.

I suppose my Question is:- can I expect to be messed about because of my age and should I be grateful at whatever I get offered?

Sorry not really about induction, just after reassurance.
Thanks, Jill
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:18 am
BE Enthusiast

I was initially offered temp visa but when they started processing my application a woman from childrens rang and asked what visa I wantedpermanent of course! so was sponsored for ENS subclass 121 took a little longer but worth it.some have come over on temp visa and hope to get 121 when here at least one other person has come over on 121 like me with age exception. I felt like you that i was being messed about at times but they do things a bit diff here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 16th 2008, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

BrynJill is an unknown quantity at this point

I was initially offered temp visa but when they started processing my application a woman from childrens rang and asked what visa I wantedpermanent of course! so was sponsored for ENS subclass 121 took a little longer but worth it.some have come over on temp visa and hope to get 121 when here at least one other person has come over on 121 like me with age exception. I felt like you that i was being messed about at times but they do things a bit diff here!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for that.
How great to be offered a permanent visa from the start. Quite a rarity in Queensland I have been led to believe. I have been informed i can apply for the ENS when I am in OZ and working for RBWH.
Anyway for now 457 nomination for 4 years and contract being amended for 4 years on monday.

Jill