Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

Old Sep 26th 2004, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

has anyone got a job offer or managed to actually get to oz with the regional sponsored visa? If so, id love to hear how it went and what not to do!!

cheers!
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

pclrock is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

Hi jimtrish
got my visa (RSMS) in May and have now been in OZ for 6 weeks. The sponsorship process took the longest (see timeline site). The visa application took only five weeks. You need to be flexable in your choice of location. After 2 years you then may go where ever you choose.

Originally Posted by jimtrish
has anyone got a job offer or managed to actually get to oz with the regional sponsored visa? If so, id love to hear how it went and what not to do!!

cheers!
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 3:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme

Originally Posted by pclrock
Hi jimtrish
got my visa (RSMS) in May and have now been in OZ for 6 weeks. The sponsorship process took the longest (see timeline site). The visa application took only five weeks. You need to be flexable in your choice of location. After 2 years you then may go where ever you choose.
Hi there,

thanks for getting back to my message. Pretty new to this site and have no idea where to look for the timeline, and then finally got the aussie timeline page but couldnt find anything about the rsms visa.
Did you find an employer before you went over? how long did it take to get the sponsorship organised then? what is the process for the visa application and did your employer pay for it? sorry so many questions for you!
Did your employer offer a relocation package at all?
be great if you could give me all your advice! were hoping for queensland, ive got to finish my enrolled nurse conversion course ( 9th april...results day) and then hopefully will get work at townsville. Ive done application etc and theyve chased up refs so its a waiting game for me now. They seem pretty keen as ive been on scbu for over 9 years now.

many thanks

Trish
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

Hi there,

thanks for getting back to my message. Pretty new to this site and have no idea where to look for the timeline, and then finally got the aussie timeline page but couldnt find anything about the rsms visa.
Did you find an employer before you went over? how long did it take to get the sponsorship organised then? what is the process for the visa application and did your employer pay for it? sorry so many questions for you!
Did your employer offer a relocation package at all?
be great if you could give me all your advice! were hoping for queensland, ive got to finish my enrolled nurse conversion course ( 9th april...results day) and then hopefully will get work at townsville. Ive done application etc and theyve chased up refs so its a waiting game for me now. They seem pretty keen as ive been on scbu for over 9 years now.

many thanks

Trish

I have sent you PM
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 4:47 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Compared to general skilled, relatively few people use the RSMS, and an even smaller proportion would use Austimeline.

Jeremy
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 6:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
Compared to general skilled, relatively few people use the RSMS, and an even smaller proportion would use Austimeline.

Jeremy
Jeremy,

Any idea of rough time scale from start to finish for the RSMS? by the way thanks for the contact for george lombard, he was a great help.

Trish
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 8:17 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Jeremy,

Any idea of rough time scale from start to finish for the RSMS? by the way thanks for the contact for george lombard, he was a great help.

Trish
As someone else has posted, the visa process itself is usually quick - as long as there no complications with health, character (eg a police check from somwhere 'exotic' where they take ages), child custody, etc. Times vary but usually within a few months - in the near future this kind of visa is usually going to be processed onshore (even for offshore applicants).

It's less easy to predict the nomination approval process. A Regional Certifying Body must ok the nomination, and then DIMIA has to ok it. Normally they will do so if an RCB is happy, but they do their own checks and make sure it's at the right skill level. Timescales here can very.

If a job offer does come up I'd strongly advise using an agent to handle the visa process.

Jeremy
Old Oct 3rd 2004, 10:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ
As someone else has posted, the visa process itself is usually quick - as long as there no complications with health, character (eg a police check from somwhere 'exotic' where they take ages), child custody, etc. Times vary but usually within a few months - in the near future this kind of visa is usually going to be processed onshore (even for offshore applicants).

It's less easy to predict the nomination approval process. A Regional Certifying Body must ok the nomination, and then DIMIA has to ok it. Normally they will do so if an RCB is happy, but they do their own checks and make sure it's at the right skill level. Timescales here can very.

If a job offer does come up I'd strongly advise using an agent to handle the visa process.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

I remember you telling me that. I will definately seek out an agent if a job offer comes up, although, surely nothing can progress until ive finished my course at the end of march to be RGN?
Im also thinking on the lines that 'maybe' the employer does all the visa process too? but will prob need an agent as I dont want to risk messing things up!

you have been a great help.

Cheers

Trish