References from the UK

Old Feb 28th 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice
Default References from the UK

Hi all, just thinking ahead here! I'm wondering if it would be acceptable to ask my managers to write me a reference here in the UK, sign it and take it to Oz ready for when potential employers ask for them? Or is that a no-no??

Thanks Mo x
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

kt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nicekt_and_kris is just really nice
Default Re: References from the UK

Originally Posted by mo33
Hi all, just thinking ahead here! I'm wondering if it would be acceptable to ask my managers to write me a reference here in the UK, sign it and take it to Oz ready for when potential employers ask for them? Or is that a no-no??

Thanks Mo x
i plan to do the same thing. i think if u arm yourself with all possible paper work u cant go wrong!
Old Feb 28th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Seems like a good idea to me to get everything ready and save the hassle of hosps having to contact the UK but not sure how things work over there?

Hopefully we'll both get some advice of peeps in the know
Old Feb 29th 2008, 11:07 pm
Forum Regular

TELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the roughTELLYADDICT1 is a jewel in the rough

Hi
I was planning to seek some "letters of introduction"/informal references from key professionals that I have worked with. I reckon it won't do any harm and are certainly easier to obtain here than in Oz, ie catch them on Fri afternoon?!.....

T
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Donna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to beholdDonna&Neil is a splendid one to behold

Hi we both brought up to date references with us along with our updated CV's. Come prepared and it can only help reduce the workload when you arrive.

Donna
Old Mar 1st 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies everyone but the burning question is......will employers accept a reference on the spot or will they still want to contact your manager??

Its just that i know my manager would take forever and a day getting back to anyone!! Don't want to be hanging around waiting forever!
Mo x
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

PIPPADEE will become famous soon enoughPIPPADEE will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mo33
Thanks for the replies everyone but the burning question is......will employers accept a reference on the spot or will they still want to contact your manager??

Its just that i know my manager would take forever and a day getting back to anyone!! Don't want to be hanging around waiting forever!
Mo x
I thought i could get a ref and take it with me , but also ask my nurse manager to keep the ref on her computer and then she can just email it off when she gets the request.
It might speed things up.
Pippadee