Advice from anyone in or going to brisbane?

Old Feb 28th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road
Cool Advice from anyone in or going to brisbane?

Hi there,

i qualify this october 2008 blimey thats scary! 7months away.

Anyway, we just sent our cheque off to agent as we are going on hubby's visa he's a bricklayer, so i dont have a job to go to yet. i sent an email to Mater and they were polite but basically wait til i have my pin then email them after i have 6 months experience.

i didnt really fancy an agency dont want to be tied in to any hidden clauses (not very trusting am i?)

so am i better off with or withou agency as i dont need them to do visa?

and...

what jobs do i apply for to get this relocation money i ve heard about?

and..
and.. well you get the idea i got loads of stupid questions for anyone that wants to keep in touch im a friendly happy chappy (99%sure i passed big practical exAM THATS WHY)

love to all

Marie xx
Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice from anyone in or going to brisbane?

If you have PR already then don't bother with an agency......just look for a job when you get there......there will be plenty.

You can also leave your registration until you arrive. Just make sure you have the right documents and go to the offices in Brisbane and register over the counter......the NMC will have to verify your registration in advance.

As you may already be aware.....if you already have your visa you do not have to apply to the ANMC.

Try here for jobs:

www.seek.com.au

www.health.qld.gov.au

G
Old Feb 29th 2008, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

geordies4life will become famous soon enoughgeordies4life will become famous soon enough

I have just started the whole process myself me and my family are going on a 136 awaiting my skills assessment back any day now. I started looking for jobs and emailed The Prince Charles Hospital in brisbane and asked them about a job with looking at being there hopefully nov/dec anyway to cut the story short i have a job and signed contract now so it is possible to get a job a long way in advance but as was said above you will find a job no problem when you arrive.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 11:36 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

You may already be aware but The Mater (and other hospitals) also offer graduate programmes for newly qualified nurses. The info is on the website www.mater.org.au

good luck

jackie