Queensland health incentives

Old Feb 5th 2008, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

mcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant future
Default Queensland health incentives

Hi all
anyone out there been offered position with QLH if so what incentives have you been offered as i have just been offered $3000 towards flights/freight and 1 months accommodation assistance. Just curious as to whether this is good or bad before i start negotiations.
cheers Lesley
Old Feb 5th 2008, 9:58 pm
ab uno disce omnes

PJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nice
Default Re: Queensland health incentives

Originally Posted by mcgilli
Hi all
anyone out there been offered position with QLH if so what incentives have you been offered as i have just been offered $3000 towards flights/freight and 1 months accommodation assistance. Just curious as to whether this is good or bad before i start negotiations.
cheers Lesley
Hi Lesley,

Thats about the same as me, and others I have read have been offered pretty much the same on the whole. Some have been offered slightly less. Try reading/searching back a few posts. It's better than not being offered anything at all so with that in mind it's good. You can always try to push for a bit more. Good luck.

Paul
Old Feb 6th 2008, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

mcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant future

Hi paul
thanks for the reply. I think i will have a go at negotiating after all i have nothing to lose i am more concerned about the visa side of things as i will be going on a 457 i am going to see if they will allow me to change this to a PR after 6 months as i have no intention of returning to the uk. Have you accepted your post? and where / when are you going.

cheers
lesley
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:27 am

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Hi paul
thanks for the reply. I think i will have a go at negotiating after all i have nothing to lose i am more concerned about the visa side of things as i will be going on a 457 i am going to see if they will allow me to change this to a PR after 6 months as i have no intention of returning to the uk. Have you accepted your post? and where / when are you going.

cheers
lesley
I got a $5000 relocation fee.This was towards anything I wanted as long as i had receipts.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

stickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant futurestickygreen has a brilliant future

Hi all

going on a pr visa, still able to claim relocation expenses do you think? going to post CV off this week to Queensland Health website and also some hospitals direct.

cheers jo
Old Feb 11th 2008, 8:58 pm
ab uno disce omnes

PJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nice

Hi paul

cheers
lesley
Hi Lesley,

Only been offered a position and not a post as yet, I requested the Gold Coast and have had an email from Ben Archdale (??) asking for an update on my position. Things have been delayed somewhat waiting for people to do the references going back 5 years so haven't even got my registration sorted yet. We had thought March would be an achievable time scale, but seeing as I have hit the delay wall, it could be Sept or later depending on visas etc. What line of nursing are you in, I'm mental health nursing, but if I have understood the system correctly I will just be a registered nurse; look out A&E

Paul
Old Feb 11th 2008, 10:47 pm

Alana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to beholdAlana and Arrons mum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stickygreen
Hi all

going on a pr visa, still able to claim relocation expenses do you think? going to post CV off this week to Queensland Health website and also some hospitals direct.

cheers jo
Yep,I am on a pr visa.All overseas nurses are able to claim the relocation fee.i worked at the RCH and I am expected to work within QLD health for a year unless I need to repay some of it back-been here 9 months so not a problem for me!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alana and Arrons mum
I got a $5000 relocation fee.This was towards anything I wanted as long as i had receipts.

Hi

I also have $5000 as long as i have receipts...Apart from flights etc.. what sort of things did you claim for? would they pay for car hire for a few week? as its only me thats going they will only have to pay for 1 flight and a small amount of my belonging that i am sending, so want to get me moneys worth... thought i might be cheeky and try and get them to pay for my laptop, after all, i only bought it coz i was re-locating (i don't think they will pay for that somehow)...

Thanks
Old Feb 13th 2008, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by nurse32
Hi

I also have $5000 as long as i have receipts...Apart from flights etc.. what sort of things did you claim for? would they pay for car hire for a few week? as its only me thats going they will only have to pay for 1 flight and a small amount of my belonging that i am sending, so want to get me moneys worth... thought i might be cheeky and try and get them to pay for my laptop, after all, i only bought it coz i was re-locating (i don't think they will pay for that somehow)...

Thanks
Hi,
yes I think you can claim for car hire and initial rental etc.I was told I could use it for any expenses I had incurred due to my relocation.It was a simple form to fill in once I got here and started working an took about 2 weeks to come through!Too easy!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 11:16 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by nurse32
Hi

Thanks
If your going to be working for Queensland Health you get $1500 'professional development' allowance and can use this to buy a laptop or do courses and go to conferences. I bought myself a laptop and got the money back in full after a couple of months. Only got $3000 for relocation though and it comes in installments at 6 12 and 18 months and am overdue for the first payment at the moment.
If your struggling to spend $5000 maybe treat yourself to a business class flight...that'll use up a big chunk!
Old Feb 13th 2008, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
If your going to be working for Queensland Health you get $1500 'professional development' allowance and can use this to buy a laptop or do courses and go to conferences. I bought myself a laptop and got the money back in full after a couple of months. Only got $3000 for relocation though and it comes in installments at 6 12 and 18 months and am overdue for the first payment at the moment.
If your struggling to spend $5000 maybe treat yourself to a business class flight...that'll use up a big chunk!
Hi

Thankyou both for your replies.... I thought about the Buisness class flight however that would take up all the whole chunk (as long as i get the money back, makes no odds i suppose). Anyway have already booked my flights for the poor seats.

Thanks again

Mark
Old Feb 13th 2008, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Hi all
cheers Lesley
Hi Lesley,
When I was interviewed for Queensland Health here in the UK they said that there was a $3000 relocation package. I've just been in touch with one of their hospitals and they say they don't offer any relocation package, just sponsorship for a visa

Mark
Old Feb 14th 2008, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Am sure it is only economy flights that you can claim for anyway.

Hey sounds good about claiming for a lap top though. Might have to get one when we get to Oz. how long does this allowance last for is it 3 yearly or yearly or something like that
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:07 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by spaceys
Am sure it is only economy flights that you can claim for anyway.

Hey sounds good about claiming for a lap top though. Might have to get one when we get to Oz. how long does this allowance last for is it 3 yearly or yearly or something like that
It's $1500 per year for full timers, less if your part-time. If you don't use it after two years they just give you the money but you pay tax on it..
Old Feb 14th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

Thats fantastic Will definitely look into it when get there. Fly 6 weeks today Still not sold house though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.