Queensland Health

Old May 2nd 2008, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future
Default Re: Queensland Health

Weasel

I am in the same position i have had to pay $600 for registration (Social WOrk) they also advised i could claim this back but have not even got to the stage of being able to negotiate this yet. Will let you know if i hear anything else. Angi
Old May 4th 2008, 1:19 am
Just Joined

Weasel is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Queensland Health

Hi Angib. My referees got the letters asking for their references at the start of this week. One has sent it off, the other was away, but it should go off on tuesday after the bank holiday.

So, fingers crossed I should hear something in the next fortnight and find out where I am going and whether I'll get my fees back.
Old May 4th 2008, 2:45 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

My stuff has been with the Northern area for a week and still not heard anything but i imagined this would have been the longest wait anyway. Good luck getting your stuff together this week. Angi
Old May 9th 2008, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all

I got my job through QH and they have been great. Interviewed last June came out here March and only been in job 2 weeks and love it. Here on permanent visa, wouldnt come any other way. Friends of ours on temp visa and have to pay $8000 school fees for each of their kids wheres as we pay nothing
Old May 9th 2008, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

Spaceys

What do you do and where are you? Glad you enjoy it - can i ask (if its not too cheeky) what kind of relocation assistance did you get? I can't wait to get there. I've just got my skills assessment through this morning so I am only waiting on them now. How long did it take from the interview until you had a specific post offered and apply for visa - i'm assuming you were a 176? Sorry for all the questions - tell me to *** off if i'm being too cheeky!
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

Just wanting to update on my wifes progress, got email from QNC that she has passed all there checks and we need to send $90 to complete application, got an email from the district where she wants to work saying that they are looking for a suitable post, we have told them we would like to start in January and they said they are doing there best to find her a job. Fingers crossed...

Any others in the same position ???
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

Iot specific job offer and contract through and they want me there as soon as possible - however since then my house sale has fallen through and i am trying to stall a bit before i submitt my visa app online. We have only been offered $3000au relocation which means i really need to sell before i go as that does not even cover flights for the four of us, would still love to go for October but not sure how realistic that is anymore!! Hope others are getting on well, good luck with your wife's job offer Humpy.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

roxyinitalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angib
Weasel

I am in the same position i have had to pay $600 for registration (Social WOrk) they also advised i could claim this back but have not even got to the stage of being able to negotiate this yet. Will let you know if i hear anything else. Angi
I am a Social Worker too
Old Jul 15th 2008, 9:46 am
Just Joined

Weasel is an unknown quantity at this point

I am having a telephone interview tomorrow. Maybe I'll find out some answers then about getting expenses reimbursed. They want me to start in October. No chance at the rate I am going!
Old Jul 15th 2008, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Good Luck Weasel - it really is a breeze - i am still trying to find the copy of the q's they sent me cant remeber where i saved it. I believe they repay the funds when you arrive and supply recipets - i have sent an email for clarification on this and a number of other points so will let you all know how i get on. I am aiming for October but unless a miracle in the house sale happens soon no chance!!

Angi
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:05 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

The relocation cost policy is first two weeks accommodation for all applicants and $3000 towards relocation costs, you get the first $1000 at 6 months, another at 12 and the final one at 18 months.
Old Jul 15th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks, how are you getting on now - i remember from another thread speaking to you. They have never mentioned the delay in repaying relocation costs - however have already asked for it confirmed in writing. Appreciate your advise - did you arrange the initial accomodation or did they? and did you work with a relocation agent guy called Ben something? apparently they have someone who works with you through the process but ive never been told about this though a colleague was, would love any advice.

Angi
Old Jul 15th 2008, 11:04 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Angib
Thanks, how are you getting on now - i remember from another thread speaking to you. They have never mentioned the delay in repaying relocation costs - however have already asked for it confirmed in writing. Appreciate your advise - did you arrange the initial accomodation or did they? and did you work with a relocation agent guy called Ben something? apparently they have someone who works with you through the process but ive never been told about this though a colleague was, would love any advice.

Angi
I'd say check their policy as social workers may be different to nurses, I'm pretty sure doctors get their expenses straight away maybe it's the same for you guys.
My accommodation was arranged by Cairns Base as I got my job with them direct not via Qld Health, it was a very nice 4* apartment.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

mo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nicemo33 is just really nice

Hope you don't mind me butting in but could someone please clarify this for me? Are you entitled to any relocation costs if you are on a 136 PR visa?? Are relocation costs for sponsored visas only??
I'm (maybe) going for an interview with QH in sept in Manchester, got my visa, Q reg - just wondering should i be cheeky and ask for some relocation assisstance!!

Any answers would be appreciated
Thanks, Mo
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

roxyinitalia is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mo33
Hope you don't mind me butting in but could someone please clarify this for me? Are you entitled to any relocation costs if you are on a 136 PR visa?? Are relocation costs for sponsored visas only??
I'm (maybe) going for an interview with QH in sept in Manchester, got my visa, Q reg - just wondering should i be cheeky and ask for some relocation assisstance!!

Any answers would be appreciated
Thanks, Mo
mo33, I say ask for it. It doesn't hurt to ask. What do you have to loose? If they really want you they should pay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.