Wikiposts

Queensland Health

Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:15 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice
Default Queensland Health

Can anyone out there tell us roughly how long it took from Interview in the UK to actually getting to Oz. As regulars know my wife was offered sponsorship in March and we are just wondering how long the process is. She has applied for her QNC reg and that is going through. We are desperate to get over this year, all depends on how quick the house sells as well...
Old Apr 10th 2008, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

katamina will become famous soon enoughkatamina will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Queensland Health

I was interviewed in November & am STILL waiting to hear which hospital I'll be working at - GRRRR!

It's HUGELY frustrating, cos until you know, you can't really do much if you're going on a 457.......
Old Apr 10th 2008, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

hotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the roughhotel44 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by humpy
Can anyone out there tell us roughly how long it took from Interview in the UK to actually getting to Oz. As regulars know my wife was offered sponsorship in March and we are just wondering how long the process is. She has applied for her QNC reg and that is going through. We are desperate to get over this year, all depends on how quick the house sells as well...
Start to finish it took 3 months. But i did my visa application online, it's a little longer if done by the post.

Any questions just PM me. Happy to help.
Old Apr 11th 2008, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi I was interviewed mid march last year and ENS 121 visa was through in sept and we flew out all excited at end of Nov. The process was not without its prob things that were promised at interview where later 'oh I'm sorry we made a mistake you cant have the NO2 position you where offered at interview:curse:' I would like to say make sure you get everything in writing but it doesnt seem to matter as I have the e-mails re job offer and where I would be based doesnt meant a thing!!!!!!!!!!!! We rented a place near to where I and others for that matter would be based and once arrived it changed for all of us and has caused a few of us lots of probs, I know this is not everyones experience. All I would say to anyone moving over is have an emergency plan for here and possibly moving back. I HATE my job here and its really impacting on my health and my family I would go back to UK today if I could.
Good luck
Old Apr 11th 2008, 6:44 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Sorry to hear of your bad experience Tillysmum, are you able to move to a different unit/hospital within Qld health? That way you'd still be working for your sponsor but away from the job you dislike...just a thought.

Humpy my application took 8 months from interview to visa grant but wasn't even qualified when they interviewed me otherwise it would've been quicker, QNC reg took 8 weeks so did 457 visa.
I'm lucky to have had a good experience so far, I like my job and all the city where we live, couldn't ask for more really (wish I could afford a house).

Good luck with everything
Old Apr 11th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Zana is just really niceZana is just really niceZana is just really niceZana is just really niceZana is just really niceZana is just really niceZana is just really niceZana is just really nice

Tilly's mum,
so sorry to hear you are having a rough time!
Can't find a 'hug' emoticon, but here's one from me!
Hang in there and make the most of it!
Chin up, gal! XXX
Old Apr 14th 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

mcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant future

Hi
i was interviewed in oct 07 , formally offered position in jan 08 after references etc, sent off for QNC reg in jan and that is where im stuck at the mo seems the letter i sent from my employers did not contain enough info on whether or not i had met nurse competences so have had to get another one drafted, seems the NMC stuff along with everything else i sent did not satisfy them.Once that is sorted visa application can start hopefully that will be a quicker process as it can be done online. It will then just leave the little matter of selling my house!! that at the mo what with the doom and gloom on the tv re housing market is doing my head in. I dont know how long QLH will give me before they start turning the thumb screws. It may mean that i have to initially go alone and my hubby and son follow at a later date this however is an option i am trying not to think about.
regards
lesley
Old Apr 16th 2008, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Hey Humpy - I too was interviewed in March - got my registration applied for, all my references are with them and i have every document sitting ready to scan in when we apply for 457. Down side - i still do not know exaclty where i'm going and with hubby and two teenagers asking its a nightmare - paid loads so far in the process - house on the market etc and just want answers!!! But hey I am mega impatient with everything so i know i just need to chill. I know there are a few QH people on BE so we should probably use this thread to keep all informed? Good luck

Angi
Old Apr 16th 2008, 5:51 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Hi Angi
Your brave coming over here on a temp visa with family they will sponsor you for permanent visa but you may to push a little for it. Have a think about it especially if you are selling up 2 of the girls that started at the same time as me all got permanent visas through them.
Good Luck
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

Angib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant futureAngib has a brilliant future

Thanks TM, I am kind of thinking that if i like it we will push for PR, they have given me letter saying that i am eligible after 6 months. They way i see it the 457 lets us go out and try th elifestyle - if good thats fab if not we come home and buy somewhere new. If we were to wait and apply for 175 then my son would be 17/18 probably by the time the process would be complete and by that stage he may not want to move. For me I could not consider this if we could not all do it together. Either way we have a contingency and just enjoy this experience regardless to the outcome!
Angi
Old Apr 16th 2008, 10:23 am
ab uno disce omnes

PJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nicePJMA is just really nice

To give you some idea Humpy, I was offered a post back in June last year, I sat and waited to get something in writing before taking the next step of applying for registration. This was started in late October, due to lots of difficulties, not reading the application form properly, and waiting for ex-managers to write references, documents going missing in the post somewhere in the system, I am still not on the register. I hope that QNC will receive the last docs I resent on the 10/04/08, but looking on the tracking system they took 4 days to get on the plane, from here on there is no way of tracking them (there must be a better system). We were hoping to be moving by March but as we have not got over the first hurdle this has been put back to Sept. As this is only 5 months away, I am not sure how realistic this date is. Due to all the delays (my ex-manager still has not done the reference :curse::curse::curse, if we are there by Dec I will be grateful.

Like Angib, we will be going on the 457 and apply for PR after 6 months, we do not have a plan B though, so if we do not like it I have no idea what we will do. The UK has no draw for us (bills, work, bills, crappy weather, bills, ASBO's, bills, hoodies,bills). Yes we have family, who we will miss a lot, they have there life and I wouldn't want them to change their plans to fit in with my lifestyle, one side are 110% behind the other may be 0.00002%. This life is not a dress rehearsal and I would hate to think of being old(er) and full of regrets for not going and giving it every opportunity to work because we missed family or always knew we could go back to the UK.

I am not going just for me, I want a better lifestyle for my kids and hope they will get that in Oz. Work will be a means to an end and hopefully pay enough to enjoy life down under. Failing is not giving it a go
Old Apr 16th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

mcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant futuremcgilli has a brilliant future

Hi all
just got an email from QNC today stating that they now have everything they need from me to register just a matter of sending them the $ 90 license fee it seems to have taken them ages january seems a long way back!! I would advise anyone registering with QNC to write your own statement of employment letter in the exact format they request and ask your manager to basically copy it as this is what appears to have held me up my manager had not written that i had met nurse competence. Now for the next hurdle visa applications !! thank god QLH will be guiding me through that
Good luck all
Lesley
Old Apr 25th 2008, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi All

Just thought i would update thread for those who were interviewed with QH in March - I have had email back informing me that refs and police checks complete and now has been passed on the the areas i requested to liaise directly regarding the offer of a specific post! Does anyone else have this - or has anyone already negotiated specific post?

Angi
Old Apr 25th 2008, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

HI i was interviewed last October but negotiated a specific post with Rockhampton hospital. One of the chief nursing officers for Rockhampton interviewed me and gave me her email address before i left and as this was one of the areas i had expressed an interest in i have dealt with her directly. She sent me a job spec and it has gone from there really. Hoping to offload my house soon and aim to get there between July and October keeping everything crossed at the mo
lesley
Old Apr 25th 2008, 6:49 am
Just Joined

Weasel is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Queensland Health

I'm another one who was interviewed in March, but I'm an OT, not a nurse. My employers have only just got the letters today asking for references for me.

I must admit, I am dragging my feet a little about sending off my application for professional registration until they have got the references and police check done, as I want to know where I am going before I cough up $500 to start with *choke*.

On this theme, those of you who are in Queensland now, did you get your visa/registration etc. fees back? I was told I would at interview, but would like to ask, just the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.