Practice nurse - community nursing wa -help

Old Feb 16th 2007, 3:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Practice nurse - community nursing wa -help

I am going on a 136, just waiting for ANMC -to send positive s/a.
I was wondering if there are any other community nurses/practices nurses breaking out in 'hissy fits' ( more frustration) re job opportunities in Perth. It seems primary care is not as advanced. Any body have any info re this, I have heard of Sliver Chain as an agency?? Anyone work fora PCt/gp??
Thanks Caroline
Old Feb 16th 2007, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Re: Practice nurse - community nursing wa -help

Can't help you really but I know that Australia is starting to get more practice nurses now. There is a big drive for them in NSW so I guess we may be seeing more employment opportunities popping up in the other states.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:41 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi have heard of silverchain, but have heard that the pay sucks! I may be forced to go back to the wARDS..........save me? !!
Old Feb 17th 2007, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

God the thought of it makes me shiver!!! Sorry to anyone on the wards,but once your out and see how the other half live, well......No weekends, no shifts, no pm's,basically the nine to five. I know some of my nursing mates say they would hate the nine to five and like the freedom of shift patterns...I guess we are all different...
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Practice nurse pay here in QLD seems to be around 20 - 24 dollars an hour (sometimes less), which is terrible compared the hospital rates. I get in excess of 10 dollars an hour more working in the wards (casual).

Also, although I was a practice nurse in the UK the role here in QLD would drive me nuts, with little or no autonomy, lots of cleaning, reception duties - oh I could go on but I can only say the role here isn't for me.

It isn't strictly 9 to 5 either, as many centres open earlier and close later, so the days can be quite long.

However, if the hours and location suit your circumstances and you don't mind the role, for now at least, then it may be worth giving it a go. There must be some GP's who are great to work for, seems to me from my enquiries to various centres that it's the chains that are not too good to work for.

Last edited by kitty4; Feb 17th 2007 at 7:37 pm. Reason: typo
Old Feb 17th 2007, 9:53 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
God the thought of it makes me shiver!!! Sorry to anyone on the wards,but once your out and see how the other half live, well......No weekends, no shifts, no pm's,basically the nine to five. I know some of my nursing mates say they would hate the nine to five and like the freedom of shift patterns...I guess we are all different...
Like you I struggled to go back to more weekends, late shifts and for a brief period dreaded night shifts. Got back to 8 till 4 as soon as I could, think personally I would rather give up the freedom and have the family time.
Old Feb 18th 2007, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by annqldau
Like you I struggled to go back to more weekends, late shifts and for a brief period dreaded night shifts. Got back to 8 till 4 as soon as I could, think personally I would rather give up the freedom and have the family time.
God I'm the opposite!!! The thoughts of working Mon to Fri kills me!!! My job thought they were being nice to me when I started by giving me no weekends and I hated it. When I work mon to fri I feel like all I'm doing is waiting for the weekend to come. Hubbie has only ever worked shifts since he was 16 and now he is on mon to Fri and he hates it too. he cant wait to get back to shifts. I suppose it's what suits you and what you are used to. I love doing 3 nights a week sleeping on the forth then 4 days off before you are back on nights again .
Tracie